multiplayer issues?

AuthorMessage
planting42
planting42
Posted on 24 October 17 at 00:40
FNSUITE GHOST said:
In summation

-I highly doubt it has anything to do with an influx of gamers
-The Leaderboards have always been bugged when you try to check them in game, the game will freeze since day 1 of release of update patch v1.1.

IT SOUNDS LIKE
-It happens to both digital and disc
-It happens on both X1 and X360
-It is more likely to happen with someone who has started from scratch recently then someone who is continuing from long ago.
-It doesn't matter if you're using cloud save or not
-Dashboarding or exiting game seems to increase likelihood of reset
-Gamers rage quitting mid match or quitting early seems to increase likelihood of reset
-It appears to be possible to get lucky and do achievements in one session

It seems like we've exhausted all ideas, so its either

A) Likely Something that the backwards compatibility team fucked up with regards to the code to the servers when making it backwards compat

OR

B) Less Likely Something involving the game going to EA ACCESS. This has been in EA ACCESS for a couple months longer than BC so, it's most likely A.

A is the only thing that makes remote sense to me then... I'll try to see if my friend has any ideas...
IMO its neither. The BC team didn't alter the patch you receive on your 360. Being in EA Access is also unlikely to have altered the game in any way. What I'd look at is:

- Was there a patch recently? 99% chance that's the culprit (and by patch I mean on x360, not on the X1 as that is an entirely different title that includes a custom tailored emulator.)
- Was there a change to the stat-tracking server as of late? If so that's also worth debugging.
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/GTASC-2017
Donietsche
Donietsche
Posted on 24 October 17 at 00:41, Edited on 24 October 17 at 00:48 by Donietsche
FNSUITE GHOST said:
In summation

-The Leaderboards have always been bugged when you try to check them in game, the game will freeze since day 1 of release of update patch v1.1.

IT SOUNDS LIKE
-It is more likely to happen with someone who has started from scratch recently then someone who is continuing from long ago.
-Gamers rage quitting mid match or quitting early seems to increase likelihood of reset

A) Likely Something that the backwards compatibility team fucked up with regards to the code to the servers when making it backwards compat

OR

B) Less Likely Something involving the game going to EA ACCESS. This has been in EA ACCESS for a couple months longer than BC so, it's most likely A.

A is the only thing that makes remote sense to me then... I'll try to see if my friend has any ideas...
that's entirely correct, even though I'd say that the reset will ALWAYS happen when exiting the game, according to my experience and what I've read here.

Also, in my case - don't know if it's the same for everyone else - even when it's tracking stats between games some tabs always report zero. While the server (or the local data?) seems to be tracking placement (i.e., 1st, 2nd, 3d place) # of kills and assists, and a few other stats, everything else is stuck at zero (including #deaths... that helps the k/d ratio lol; time played, and IIRC matches won/map played). It looks like the "old" glitch but on steroids. because the old glitch, if I understand correctly, effected only a few tabs of the stats table.
Donietsche
Donietsche
Posted on 24 October 17 at 00:43, Edited on 24 October 17 at 00:46 by Donietsche
planting42 said:
FNSUITE GHOST said:
In summation

IT SOUNDS LIKE

OR

IMO its neither. The BC team didn't alter the patch you receive on your 360. Being in EA Access is also unlikely to have altered the game in any way. What I'd look at is:

- Was there a patch recently? 99% chance that's the culprit (and by patch I mean on x360, not on the X1 as that is an entirely different title that includes a custom tailored emulator.)
- Was there a change to the stat-tracking server as of late? If so that's also worth debugging.
I'm sure that when I donwloaded/installed the game there was no prompt for patches (but I guess that the digital version is always updated). In game there's no indication about the game version either, unlike other titles. So it's hard to tell.

p.s.

I'm playing this on x360.
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 24 October 17 at 02:15
It all sounds very mysterious... I do know my friend does not have access to the code servers so it will be unlikely that we can trouble shoot such a large problem . That being said I'll ask anyways, cant hurt, maybe she has a friend she can pester for access or something . Maybe planting is right maybe there's a patch that was secretly included in digital copy... the only way we could probably tell is to find someone who played years ago and never deleted previous patch to pop disc in and see if therees another patch. Since there was a patch released in 2007.
Donietsche
Donietsche
Posted on 24 October 17 at 02:36, Edited on 24 October 17 at 03:06 by Donietsche
FNSUITE GHOST said:
It all sounds very mysterious... I do know my friend does not have access to the code servers so it will be unlikely that we can trouble shoot such a large problem . That being said I'll ask anyways, cant hurt, maybe she has a friend she can pester for access or something . Maybe planting is right maybe there's a patch that was secretly included in digital copy... the only way we could probably tell is to find someone who played years ago and never deleted previous patch to pop disc in and see if therees another patch. Since there was a patch released in 2007.
I know... at this stage it's more intriguing than the game itself!

For sure the pc version has received two additional patches (1.2 and 1.3) but most of the changes were specific to that version of the game (console commands, graphical fixes, fixes for .ini bugs etc., plus additional content that is absent from the console version).

Since patches (used to) cost money for the developer/distributor on consoles, my (uneducated) guess is that EA released one patch and that's it.

Also, interesting enough... apparently Medal of honor: Warfighter had a similar issue at one moment in time, and (apparently n.2) that was fixed in 2012 with a patch.
this was the changelog (for MOH:WF):

Playstation 3 and Xbox 360

Game server name fix that addresses stat discrepancies
Stat errors in Battlelog vs. in-game
Stats that reset after rebooting the game
(sounds familiar? lol)
Warchief’ and ‘Global Warfighter’ achievements/trophies not unlocking (as above!)

PC

Game server name fix that addresses stat discrepancies
Stat errors in Battlelog vs. in-game
Stats that reset after rebooting the game
Addressed the issue of players incorrectly matchmaking into password-protected servers
]

edit: more precisely, this was a server-side fix, not a client patch.
Viktor
Viktor
Posted on 28 October 17 at 05:29
Damn I wish I hadn't unlocked the first achievement for this game now...
Tonyca
Tonyca
Posted on 29 October 17 at 10:29
I,m going to try to do achievements without looking stats. Maybe they reset when we take a look at them. I,ll take notes and try to do the "play every map at least once in a ranked match" achievement. Maybe it works.
Donietsche
Donietsche
Posted on 29 October 17 at 15:16, Edited on 29 October 17 at 15:21 by Donietsche
Schrödinger's stats!

Tried that already, the problem is that if you get a connection lost and/or some kind of similar issue in the middle of your "streak", the game will force update your stats. Which means a reset. You can check the stats (did it multiple times) as long as nothing like that happen (but unfortunately it's out of your control, it will happen from time to time) and, most of all, as long as you don't quit the game: as soon as you restart the game and start the mp, you'll connect to the server... reset (it doesn't matter if you check or not your stats).
Donietsche
Donietsche
Posted on 29 October 17 at 15:30, Edited on 29 October 17 at 15:31 by Donietsche
That being said, your approach is correct: I believe that the achievement for winning on all 5 maps - and probably all the cumulative achievements, based on stats - is/are obtainable as long as you do them in one session: I had a connection lost on the last required match, so I'm basing my assumption on what other players wrote here. To play extremely safe, one can also avoid checking the stats as well... it will be possible to notice a reset anyways. You only need to check at the beginning of a new match your rank (if you go back to "R", you're out of luck).
left 4 zaneage
Posted on 01 November 17 at 11:10
Hey everyone,

I've had a really fun time reading all this dedication in this thread to these achievements. So, I thought I might propose something to everyone playing this game/wanting all these multiplayer achievements...

Would anyone be interested in boosting for an extended period of time (an entire evening/day, perhaps?) in order to knock these multiplayer achievements out of the way?

Living Legends: how long did it take you to boost your missing achievement? I think you mentioned an evening? How many hours did that take you, exactly?
Tonyca
Tonyca
Posted on 01 November 17 at 15:38
Donietsche,, you`re right. I tried but didn`t work. I do 3 achievements this morning, but in one sesión, like you said.
Living Legends
Posted on 01 November 17 at 16:20
Less than 2hours
The Metal Serge
Posted on 21 November 17 at 07:16, Edited on 21 November 17 at 07:26 by The Metal Serge
Well I and 2 other friends unlocked 12 a achievements just a day ago, no problem with the World War 2 achievement but as I was playing I saw that every time anyone back out to the dashboard the stats restarted so after I finished with all basic chevos I checked today and yeah all stats are gone no upgrades, no rank, no nothing but I saw that a random gamer still has his rank so I ask and yeah he stats were old, so the only think to do know it's dedicate and entire day per person to get the 1600 kills for all the weapons and the 500 objective capture and get all the remaining chevos doing it that way, well at least it's fortunate that there's no that much people playing specially on weekdays and that the lobby can be close and that it can go on indefinitely till you get everything on 1 match, but doing all that in 1 day it's going to be a pain and here I thought that my only concern was to win 1rst on each map =/ what a bother.

Someone think they're going to fix this issue?.
The Metal Serge
Donietsche
Donietsche
Posted on 25 November 17 at 02:38, Edited on 25 November 17 at 02:38 by Donietsche
I don't think so... stats will be broken until the end of time.

The "everything in 1 session" is doable, but the risk of a crash/disconnection is really high (and it will almost surely mean a reset), so always keep that in mind. In my case it happened after less than 10 matches, but someone may be lucky enough to endure without a scratch until the very end of the achievement streak (and kudos to everyone who has been able/will be able to do so!).
Reimuz
Reimuz
Posted on 02 December 17 at 15:31
Im going to create Boosting sessions in the weekends to try the most consuming time Achivement: Weapon Virtuoso. If Anyone is interested, send a message.

First one is today and tomorrow sunday Dec. 03.
flubberfudge
flubberfudge
Posted on 02 December 17 at 21:23
Damn this really is a shame, maybe if we hammer their social media they will fix it?
Colton
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 02 December 17 at 21:36
@ flubberfudge Unfortunately, that is highly unlikely to help. The original campaign to get the single glitched achievement fixed last over 7 years and never had any success. cry
l Concetto18 l
Posted on 03 December 17 at 22:47
Donietsche said:
I don't think so... stats will be broken until the end of time.

The "everything in 1 session" is doable, but the risk of a crash/disconnection is really high (and it will almost surely mean a reset), so always keep that in mind. In my case it happened after less than 10 matches, but someone may be lucky enough to endure without a scratch until the very end of the achievement streak (and kudos to everyone who has been able/will be able to do so!).
im agree with you it broken until the end of time.

I think TA have to change the flags of these achievements to Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable:
Medal of Honor: AirborneMP - Weapon VirtuosoThe MP - Weapon Virtuoso achievement in Medal of Honor: Airborne worth 310 pointsUpgrade all weapons in ranked matches

Medal of Honor: AirborneMP - Distinguished Service MedalThe MP - Distinguished Service Medal achievement in Medal of Honor: Airborne worth 164 pointsGet over 500 kills and 250 Objective Points in ranked matches

Medal of Honor: AirborneMP - Distinguished Service CrossThe MP - Distinguished Service Cross achievement in Medal of Honor: Airborne worth 530 pointsGet over 1,000 kills and 500 Objective Points in ranked matches

Because when you dash stats reset, when you sing out stats reset, when you drop conecction stats resets, sometimes when you canceling matchmaking there's a poppup it says canceling join-game apparently its glitched and never cancel the matchmaking (happened to me and my friends) so i have to sing out = stats reset angry, to make a group of boosting its partly impossible because randoms angry.

These cheevos are broken angry facepalm
EveryBody Lies
Donietsche
Donietsche
Posted on 04 December 17 at 16:21
While technically they aren't really unobtainable (in theory you can still get them... even though in one sitting, and with a ton of luck), I completely share the feeling and support the idea. For all practical purposes they are almost unobtainable, or at least discontinued (as EA doesn't support proper stat tracking any longer). A warning for new players would be appropriate.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.