Game Discussion: Decay - The Mare

Decay - The Mare Multi-Genre Discussion

• Posted on 18 October 17 at 06:56Permalink
    Please use this thread to discuss this game's classification under the multi-genre system.

If you disagree with the current genres, please click the "Add genre disagreement" button below.
  • Posted on 18 October 17 at 06:57Permalink
    Har Miggido has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    Why is there no horror option? I cannot click survival horror beause it is not.
  • misfit119misfit119941,344
    Posted on 18 October 17 at 10:40, Edited on 18 October 17 at 10:41 by misfit119Permalink
    Horror isn't an option because horror isn't a gameplay genre. The genres on Trueachievements are about the gameplay and not the themes of the game. If a game is scary that doesn't change whether it's adventure, stealth or first person shooter. Horror is more of a literary genre in that it deals with the themes or atmosphere of a work. This isn't really appropriate for leaderboard inclusion and is also intensely subjective. Thus it's not something we deal in. So for example: something like Layers of Fear, creepy as it can be, is simply an Adventure game. Hope that explained why it's not there! smile

With that said please do not file a genre disagreement when you have an issue with a genre being there / not being there. Please go to the following link: TrueAchievements Staff Find someone from the genre team (like me!) and PM them your question. We're more than happy to help.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 October 17 at 16:09Permalink
    Hardly seems a point because this will be your answer no doubt.

It's a horror game regardless and not a survival horror.
    Alice in Chains
  • misfit119misfit119941,344
    Posted on 18 October 17 at 22:20Permalink
    It's my understanding that this is an adventure game with horror themes, very much like Layers of Fear. Thus it would be an adventure game.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 October 17 at 09:55Permalink
    But we do not discuss games in those categories between friends and we would describe it as a horror puzzle game.
    Alice in Chains
  • Posted on 22 October 17 at 14:31Permalink
    Reaver Lion has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    point and click smile
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm375,244
    Posted on 23 October 17 at 17:08Permalink
    TrueAchievement said:
    Reaver Lion has registered their disagreement about the genres applied to this game
    point and click smile
    Agreed. Pure point and click interface including the standard select item from inventory feature.
  • InjuryProne19InjuryProne191,531,835
    Posted on 24 October 17 at 08:24Permalink
    Agreed. Adventure, Point & Click
  • Zonrith1Zonrith1602,946
    Posted on 24 October 17 at 11:00Permalink
    Agree, but this submission is premature. The game is still open to community voting and thus still stands in prerelease tagging status. We have a preference to not intervene until the public vote closes.

I took a peak at the standing votes; P&C is going to get incorporated. Vote closes in three days, and should be tagged and in leaderboards shortly thereafter.
    Posted on 24 October 17 at 13:23Permalink
    Zonrith1 said:
    Agree, but this submission is premature. The game is still open to community voting and thus still stands in prerelease tagging status. We have a preference to not intervene until the public vote closes.

I took a peak at the standing votes; P&C is going to get incorporated. Vote closes in three days, and should be tagged and in leaderboards shortly thereafter.
    Understood.

I didn't know it was possible to start disagreements before the voting had been concluded.
    Posted on 24 October 17 at 13:30Permalink
    I've asked for the ability to be turned off but it sounds like it would require a notable amount of coding. It can be hard to catch when it happens, though (I only noticed because I went to the genre assignment tool and noticed this game remains unconfirmed).
    Posted on 24 October 17 at 15:23, Edited on 24 October 17 at 15:27 by AllgorhythmPermalink
    Zonrith1 said:
    I've asked for the ability to be turned off but it sounds like it would require a notable amount of coding. It can be hard to catch when it happens, though (I only noticed because I went to the genre assignment tool and noticed this game remains unconfirmed).
    I'm sure there are more important things to be coded first. It won't be too difficult to check if the voting is still open when disagreements come in. In this case, I didn't even think to check--partly, because I'd played the game a couple of years ago on the PC so I wasn't really thinking of it as a new game but, mainly, because it just didn't occur to me.
    Posted on 24 October 17 at 18:45Permalink
    Not the biggest deal, but I think it's important to let the community vote happen (both because our team isn't large enough to really support looking at all the games and reviewing them directly, and because it should save community members the effort at having to type up a full disagreement on the first go at a game).

Of course, this is a public thread, so anyone interested in how the sausage is made can enjoy the explanation. laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.