Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Exclusive: Telltale Mega Collection Bundles Nearly All Their Games Since 2012

• LeXXuzLeXXuz609,818
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 09:31Permalink
    Too bad a lot of people probably already have quite a few of those games, me included. cry
  • Vr EnglishVr English632,950
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 09:34Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Not to worry, this collection will probably be 67% off in the Black Friday sale.
    Good thinking, its a shame they don't take out cost of games incurred like on other services.
  • YaevenYaeven123,314
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 10:03Permalink
    Mike Marcelais said:
    It would be nice if they also had the "Collection 2" which included 5 games here that weren't in the first collection. Most people that are the least bit interested probably already have many of these games or at least bought the first collection.
    Thank you, yes.
    Still waiting for the first season of Batman and the third season of TWD to go on sale.. but.. yeah, nothing. At least one of those is half off this week on PSN, but I want the Xbox version.
  • PredefiancePredefiance207,564
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 11:34Permalink
    Damn, already played half of them when I picked them up during a sale a while back. Definitely won't get getting this but it's a solid deal for anyone who loves a good story and easy gamerscore.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 October 17 at 12:13Permalink
    yeah no, ive completed most of them already...nice try though
  • xNSHDxNSHD973,708
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 12:24Permalink
    $130 what are they smoking!
  • Mr GranstaffMr Granstaff1,511,708
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 12:51, Edited on 19 October 17 at 12:51 by Mr GranstaffPermalink
    Living Legends said:
    Windows 10 option??
    I was wondering that too. Unless I missed them, I don't think I have seen a sale in that platform for the Telltale stack -- must still be too new to warrant one.
    "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
  • Posted on 19 October 17 at 12:59Permalink
    The trouble is with this is that you either love this type of game or hate it. You'd have to have played one or two of them to know which camp you fall into. If you love it, you'll be interested, but of course, you've already played some of them, as such, the value of the bundle is decreased.

I would think this would have to be well under $100 to have any kind of wide appeal.
    38 year old Artist, electric guitar and sword collector, veteran gamer, Suburban London.
  • Posted on 19 October 17 at 13:35Permalink
    IstIngiliz said:
    togethawiistand said:
    Clementine! Is that a... breast? Oh, my, you've grown! (Haven't played the sequel of TWD 2 yet).

More on the topic, I think I've played around half those titles. Still not a TTG's fan, but after Game of Thrones and Tales from BL I think I'd give a go on the rest. Not for that price, of course.

Oh, and since we discussed microtransactions just the other day, it would be funny if TTG ever included those in their games. Would they have the guts? Time will tell.
    Aaaaaand creepiest comment of the week goes to...
    Sure, cuz it's so tabooed to respectfully comment on a physiological change like this. Lol. But yeah, I was expecting some sort of reaction. You can chill now, no creepiness intended.
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9231,683
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 14:07Permalink
    or you can do what I do.

Buy the game used at Gamestop and then return it in the 7 day period of time. Say chapter 2 couldnt load or something lol
  • IstIngilizIstIngiliz364,797
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 14:10Permalink
    togethawiistand said:
    IstIngiliz said:
    togethawiistand said:
    Clementine! Is that a... breast? Oh, my, you've grown! (Haven't played the sequel of TWD 2 yet).

More on the topic, I think I've played around half those titles. Still not a TTG's fan, but after Game of Thrones and Tales from BL I think I'd give a go on the rest. Not for that price, of course.

Oh, and since we discussed microtransactions just the other day, it would be funny if TTG ever included those in their games. Would they have the guts? Time will tell.
    Aaaaaand creepiest comment of the week goes to...
    Sure, cuz it's so tabooed to respectfully comment on a physiological change like this. Lol. But yeah, I was expecting some sort of reaction. You can chill now, no creepiness intended.
    Haha. Perhaps the elongated 'and' that I inserted gave you the impression I was non-chilled, but rest assured, I am super chill. laugh
  • Posted on 19 October 17 at 14:14Permalink
    Yaeven said:
    Mike Marcelais said:
    It would be nice if they also had the "Collection 2" which included 5 games here that weren't in the first collection. Most people that are the least bit interested probably already have many of these games or at least bought the first collection.
    Thank you, yes.
    Still waiting for the first season of Batman and the third season of TWD to go on sale.. but.. yeah, nothing. At least one of those is half off this week on PSN, but I want the Xbox version.
    TWD season 3 was on sale a few weeks ago.
    Hola
  • Posted on 19 October 17 at 15:29Permalink
    Just give me a discount price on the ones I don't have yet and want to play! Thanks
    Kungfu Monk3y
  • Anima PuraAnima Pura296,432
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 15:48Permalink
    I always found these games boring, since there's the element of those old-school point-n-click adventure titles, but the story is the actual definition of "linear". You're basically watching a cartoon, not playing the game, even though there are choices to be made.

Hopefully there are people who will get them all with this if they haven't picked them up yet.
  • MellmerMellmer233,387
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 16:13Permalink
    They need all of the games from before 2012 (The Walking Dead) to become BC

CSI
    Jurassic Park
    Wallace & Gromit
    Back to the Future
    Law & Order

Now these are games that could use a fresh update and reboot
  • YaevenYaeven123,314
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 16:14Permalink
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    TWD season 3 was on sale a few weeks ago.
    I'm sure, just not recently when I finally wanted to carry on from season 2.
  • Steve RedmanSteve Redman1,075,700
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 16:37Permalink
    As someone who has all these except for Batman: The Enemy Within it seems like a good deal for someone looking to get easy points or to increase there completed games count.

I wish they would have included all the windows 10 releases as well.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666165,396
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 16:38Permalink
    Achilles8249 said:
    $170 is a bit steep.
    It's $130. Which is actually a good price.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle786,854
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 16:59Permalink
    It's $175 Canadian... screw this laugh
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 19 October 17 at 17:55Permalink
    ShadowRaven9 said:
    or you can do what I do.

Buy the game used at Gamestop and then return it in the 7 day period of time. Say chapter 2 couldnt load or something lol
    You don't even have to have an excuse. Their policy allows for you to return used games for no reason at all. I know people who say, "I beat it already" and they are not turned away. Perhaps it's YMMV based on the mood of the employee but their policy clearly says any reason within seven days will be accepted.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.