Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Exclusive: Telltale Mega Collection Bundles Nearly All Their Games Since 2012

  • troyoytroyoy619,932
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 19:02Permalink
    Mike Pitch said:
    Definitely a bad value. 3 of these have been GwG and quite a few have been down around $5 or $6 in sales.
    And most people have them all or bought enough to make this a bad deal. Someone that just finally got a xboxone might be interested. Still a lot of money and I don't like these games. I know, I am always bitching about something. Add my 2 cents to the cost of this set ;P
    I have 9 usa 360`s set up, 4 pal 360`s, 3 japan 360`s and 2 xboxones set up and the girlfriend calls me crazy.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 19 October 17 at 19:02Permalink
    I've spent all day thinking of a situation where this offer would interest me or anyone and apart from a day one gamer I came up with nothing :/

    it doesn't even seem like great value. Maybe they should offer a lifetime membership for telltale games instead. Now that's a good idea!!!!
    Alice in Chains
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 19 October 17 at 21:01, Edited on 19 October 17 at 21:02 by Permalink
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    $170 is a bit steep.
    It's $130. Which is actually a good price.
    Not a good price around these parts laugh
    I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666165,396
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 21:45Permalink
    TheNickOfTime said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    $170 is a bit steep.
    It's $130. Which is actually a good price.
    Not a good price around these parts laugh
    Since when is $130 not a good price for 10 games?
  • KnoellKnoell340,676
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 22:31Permalink
    Zorlac0666 said:
    TheNickOfTime said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    $170 is a bit steep.
    It's $130. Which is actually a good price.
    Not a good price around these parts laugh
    Since when is $130 not a good price for 10 games?
    Aren't the games $20 regular price? So $20*10=$200. 30% off games that go on sale for $5-8 quite a bit (60-75% off)

    And more than half of them are at least a few years old.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666165,396
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 23:21Permalink
    Knoell said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    TheNickOfTime said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    $170 is a bit steep.
    It's $130. Which is actually a good price.
    Not a good price around these parts laugh
    Since when is $130 not a good price for 10 games?
    Aren't the games $20 regular price? So $20*10=$200. 30% off games that go on sale for $5-8 quite a bit (60-75% off)

    And more than half of them are at least a few years old.
    Yes they go on sale, but compared to the regular price this is a pretty good deal for someone that doesn't have them yet.

    You guys have to keep in mind this bundle isn't for people who have half the games already, or for those that have been gold members and getting all the games. It's for people who have none of them or are new to Xbox.
  • KnoellKnoell340,676
    Posted on 19 October 17 at 23:28Permalink
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Knoell said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    TheNickOfTime said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    $170 is a bit steep.
    It's $130. Which is actually a good price.
    Not a good price around these parts laugh
    Since when is $130 not a good price for 10 games?
    Aren't the games $20 regular price? So $20*10=$200. 30% off games that go on sale for $5-8 quite a bit (60-75% off)

    And more than half of them are at least a few years old.
    Yes they go on sale, but compared to the regular price this is a pretty good deal for someone that doesn't have them yet.

    You guys have to keep in mind this bundle isn't for people who have half the games already, or for those that have been gold members and getting all the games. It's for people who have none of them or are new to Xbox.
    I would probably buy it if I didn't have any of them. I would take a second at the price though. Its not the greatest deal though.
  • DCM7734DCM7734144,942
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 03:01Permalink
    Can we get the 2nd half in a bundle? I'm sure those of use who bought the original bundle would appreciate it.
    Bah Humbug.
  • Posted on 20 October 17 at 03:23Permalink
    IstIngiliz said:
    togethawiistand said:
    IstIngiliz said:
    togethawiistand said:
    Clementine! Is that a... breast? Oh, my, you've grown! (Haven't played the sequel of TWD 2 yet).

    More on the topic, I think I've played around half those titles. Still not a TTG's fan, but after Game of Thrones and Tales from BL I think I'd give a go on the rest. Not for that price, of course.

    Oh, and since we discussed microtransactions just the other day, it would be funny if TTG ever included those in their games. Would they have the guts? Time will tell.
    Aaaaaand creepiest comment of the week goes to...
    Sure, cuz it's so tabooed to respectfully comment on a physiological change like this. Lol. But yeah, I was expecting some sort of reaction. You can chill now, no creepiness intended.
    Haha. Perhaps the elongated 'and' that I inserted gave you the impression I was non-chilled, but rest assured, I am super chill. laugh
    Rereading your sentence kinda made me feel like winning the oscar... and then all of the sudden there's a bunch of Moonlight people around, appearing from nowhere.
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
  • DelMaulerDelMauler347,182
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 05:07Permalink
    If you've ignored Telltale completely then maybe you'd like to give us nearly $200 for most of our collection....who okayed this marketing?
  • Posted on 20 October 17 at 05:41Permalink
    Definitely should be cheaper but nice to see a big bundle of games. I personally love the games these guys make, they do a really great job but unfortunately I own most of these. Needs a better price tag and I think it would sell a lot more.
    PunchedInTheEar
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,402,632
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 11:58Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Mike Marcelais said:
    It would be nice if they also had the "Collection 2" which included 5 games here that weren't in the first collection. Most people that are the least bit interested probably already have many of these games or at least bought the first collection.
    Alternatively, some sort of discount scheme where if you already hold the digital license for something, purchasing a bundle including it discounts the price of the content you already own (Steam does this, right?)
    This would get so many more sales out of me, removing the price of already owned items.
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666165,396
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 12:03Permalink
    DelMauler said:
    If you've ignored Telltale completely then maybe you'd like to give us nearly $200 for most of our collection....who okayed this marketing?
    It's nowhere near $200. Who taught you how to read?
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666165,396
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 12:05Permalink
    Lavindathar said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Mike Marcelais said:
    It would be nice if they also had the "Collection 2" which included 5 games here that weren't in the first collection. Most people that are the least bit interested probably already have many of these games or at least bought the first collection.
    Alternatively, some sort of discount scheme where if you already hold the digital license for something, purchasing a bundle including it discounts the price of the content you already own (Steam does this, right?)
    This would get so many more sales out of me, removing the price of already owned items.
    Steam only does this in rare cases, but for the most part they do not. Now on the other hand Blizzard does this on heroes of the Storm all the time. If they release a bundle with a character and some skins you get a discount for owning the character. (or the skins whatever the case may be).
  • ZalexzyZalexzy1,288,587
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 13:02Permalink
    Mr Granstaff said:
    Living Legends said:
    Windows 10 option??
    I was wondering that too. Unless I missed them, I don't think I have seen a sale in that platform for the Telltale stack -- must still be too new to warrant one.
    Some of them have been on sale. It's likely TA sales article did not cover them, and info was found if read comments or checked store. They were on sale once or twice for 10€, but that was too much for me. Later bought WD 1 & 2 and Wolf among us for 6,24€ each at end of June.
  • CRUM LEECRUM LEE452,575
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 13:55Permalink
    Not at all interested. I understand people have different tastes, but these games bore the living hell out of me.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle786,854
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 16:19Permalink
    Zorlac0666 said:
    DelMauler said:
    If you've ignored Telltale completely then maybe you'd like to give us nearly $200 for most of our collection....who okayed this marketing?
    It's nowhere near $200. Who taught you how to read?
    Who taught you how to conduct yourself?

    One look at his profile (or even better, with the hovercard), you can tell he's Canadian. As I already posted in this thread, this bundle is $175 for us. Sales tax is roughly 15% in Québec (where I live), so that amounts to about $201. He lives in Manitoba, so the sales tax is slightly lower (roughly 13%), but it still amounts to $198, which is pretty damn near $200.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • AlahertAlahert670,989
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 16:21, Edited on 20 October 17 at 16:22 by AlahertPermalink
    If someone has not played any Telltale's game and really wants to try them all, this is nice!
    DARK 777
  • Zorlac0666Zorlac0666165,396
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 16:24Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    Zorlac0666 said:
    DelMauler said:
    If you've ignored Telltale completely then maybe you'd like to give us nearly $200 for most of our collection....who okayed this marketing?
    It's nowhere near $200. Who taught you how to read?
    Who taught you how to conduct yourself?

    One look at his profile (or even better, with the hovercard), you can tell he's Canadian. As I already posted in this thread, this bundle is $175 for us. Sales tax is roughly 15% in Québec (where I live), so that amounts to about $201. He lives in Manitoba, so the sales tax is slightly lower (roughly 13%), but it still amounts to $198, which is pretty damn near $200.
    What's your minimum wage where you live. (just curious to see if it's comparable to mine).
  • ShinnizleShinnizle786,854
    Posted on 20 October 17 at 16:37Permalink
    I don't know. A quick search says they raised it to $11.25/hour in May 2017. Another quick search says they raised it to $11.15/hour in Manitoba at the beginning of this month.

    Which is much higher than the $7.25/hour in North Carolina, I'll grant you that. But it seems that Senate Bill 210 is looking to make it skyrocket to $12/hour by 2020 and $15/hour by 2022. I guess we'll see if the Bill passes and becomes official legislation.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.