Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Prey Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 12 April 19 at 21:57
Of note: difficulty can be changed mid-game in Options. Could this be a way to circumvent the mysterious difficulty-related achievement?
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 12 April 19 at 22:38
Sashamorning said:
I'm not sure how far I'm going to get through a full completion. TBH, I really just want as much GS as I can get for a single run through the story, but if there's something that Story Mode disables, it should be listed.

No promises, but if I get through the game on SM and miss something that I think I should have gotten, I'll note it here (and flag the achievement as Difficulty).
Yea, I definitely went into this game going for the completion, but as of right now I’m just not that impressed with it. Especially to do twice and with a pretty high completion time. Granted I’m maybe 4 or 5 hours in, but I’m still waiting to see this “epic and amazing” story everyone has raged about. It probably doesn’t help that not too long ago I finished the Bioshock trilogy again lol as of right now it just seems a bit lazy. Beside the blatant things they copy, the enemies in particular to me come of as lazily designed. Like a symbiotic lol like oh no here comes a uninspired gooey thing, watch out! Just no character to them or personality. I absolutely hope in a few days I’ll come back on here and eat my words, bc there’s nothing more I love than a rich involved story, so here’s hoping it’s around the corner..

Sashamorning said:
Of note: difficulty can be changed mid-game in Options. Could this be a way to circumvent the mysterious difficulty-related achievement?
That is interesting! Drives me crazy everyone keeps talking about an achievement that’s affected by story mode but doesn’t actually mention said achievement lol so what exactly is your plan of attack since your more than likely doing just the 1 run? Will you just follow guide up until the 2nd playthrough? I’m seriously considering your route.. also with regards to story versus easy mode, is story mode suppose to be even easier than easy? I don’t recall every seeing a game with both an easy AND story mode..🤔
Matthew
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 12 April 19 at 22:50
Probably just up to the second playthrough. See whatever ratios are higher, if possible.

I really just want to find Jen... (Laugh if you get the reference.)
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 12 April 19 at 23:42
Sashamorning said:
Probably just up to the second playthrough. See whatever ratios are higher, if possible.

laugh if your referring to the annoying “girl” from end of og prey?
Matthew
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 12 April 19 at 23:51
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Sashamorning said:

Yup!

Found an achievement. Intrinsic Value is difficult on story because it doesn't damage you enough. Probably would if I had low health. Switched to Nightmare, easy peasy.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 13 April 19 at 01:37
Sashamorning said:
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
Sashamorning said:

Yup!

Found an achievement. Intrinsic Value is difficult on story because it doesn't damage you enough. Probably would if I had low health. Switched to Nightmare, easy peasy.
Haha figured!

I can’t imagine that’s the cheevo they all keep referring to right?! I mean the fact that there aren’t difficulty achievements shouldn’t we be free to switch it around? If so, at this rate I’d rather put it on story if it makes you basically invincible lol it’s just the way it’s worded makes me think there’s something to it NOT being on story..seriously need some clarification on this ASAP 😂
Matthew
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 13 April 19 at 05:56, Edited on 13 April 19 at 06:07 by SwelterinBeaver
Hi guys,

So yeah you can't cause damage to yourself if you are on story mode, which makes Intrinsic Value not possible to complete on this difficulty. I tried for over an hour before realising what was going wrong redface Obviously on this mode the AI can damage you, so it's up to you. You could play on Story mode till that point, save it and ramp up the difficulty and then re-load and continue on Story mode.

In relation to switching difficulties, I cant recall if this voids any achievements as it has been a while since I've played it. Although the difference between story mode and easy is so minimal that it honestly won't make any difference to your gaming experience.

I have added the above information to the WT to be clear as to why Story mode should be avoided. I would be interested if those who are playing Story mode could let me know if you find any other achievements that don't unlock, also Sasha as you've changed the difficulty, if this voids anything.

Thanks

Beaver
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 13 April 19 at 06:17
I'll let you know. I can tell you that I switched to Nightmare before I got Intrinsic Value, then switched it back. Haven't gotten further yet.
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 13 April 19 at 06:31
Super thanks dance
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 13 April 19 at 07:30
I’ve switched over to story as well and have popped a few achievements since. So As of right now seems fine 😁
Matthew
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 13 April 19 at 10:51
I also just got another achievement. It appears that Story Mode and switching difficulties do not affect achievements.

toast
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 13 April 19 at 16:45
That's awesome news. I'll hold off updating it until you've both run through the game, just in case there are any achievements it affects.

Thanks for keeping me up to date though, will help make the WT as accurate as possible.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 13 April 19 at 18:24
SwelterinBeaver said:
That's awesome news. I'll hold off updating it until you've both run through the game, just in case there are any achievements it affects.

Thanks for keeping me up to date though, will help make the WT as accurate as possible.
Sounds good! toast
Matthew
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 16 April 19 at 07:14, Edited on 16 April 19 at 07:33 by zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
I’ve ran into a problem, if you could help out..
Page 13
Bottom of page, last paragraph..little ways after gates of Hell cheevo.
So it states that before going to life support, after treasure update it I mplies a lock down of some sort happens. This didn’t happen for me and also my multiple objectives isn’t on the entrance to life support but all the way on the pod 1 or w/e to outer space.. I’m worried to move on further, are you aware of anything causing this issue? I’ve followed everything to a T and this is the first real issue I’ve ran into thankfully. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Matthew
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 16 April 19 at 11:02
I cant remember exactly, however if in doubt save it. Then play on a bit further and see if you can pick up back onto the guide. I know some people have had really weird glitches in the game that can screw up their saves and I'm hoping it isn't the case for you.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 16 April 19 at 15:17
SwelterinBeaver said:
I cant remember exactly, however if in doubt save it. Then play on a bit further and see if you can pick up back onto the guide. I know some people have had really weird glitches in the game that can screw up their saves and I'm hoping it isn't the case for you.
Ok, ill just continue on to the next area and hope it syncs back up. A few things haven’t followed the timeline thus far so hopefully it’s just the games randomness. Fingers crossed. toast
Matthew
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 17 April 19 at 19:35
DrunkenMonkey, how are you getting on? Did you find a work around?
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 17 April 19 at 19:53
SwelterinBeaver said:
DrunkenMonkey, how are you getting on? Did you find a work around?
I am actually having a interesting issue. So with regards to earlier, I believe that worked self out. However last night I ran into a problem. On page 15 start of mop up... when you have us going back to the area where we placed all those turrets to find the crew members dead from a nightmare so that we can Loot them and get key cards and audio logs etc so my “problem” is they ARE NOT dead. None of them. Literally all walking around just fine lol. This is a huge problem for me right? I’m under the impression I have to get and loot all crew members right, o something to that affect? Or can they be left alive? Was thinking if they need to die, maybe cranking the difficulty all the way up in hopes it spawns guys? I definitely have no idea what to do, and if this is in fact an issue? Thanks for any and all help! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me! toast
Matthew
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 17 April 19 at 20:31
Maybe check the security log to see if they're checked off? Talk to them first?
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 17 April 19 at 22:18
Sashamorning said:
Maybe check the security log to see if they're checked off? Talk to them first?
Ah! That’s a great idea! Thanks! I’ll have to check as soon as I get home. I haven’t read ahead so I’m not sure when the point of no return is, and with the game seemingly dynamic I didn’t know if them being alive would effect something in the future scenario wise if that makes sense.
Matthew
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.