Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Prey Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 18 April 19 at 02:26
Checking back in. Everything worked itself out, luckily there were more team members to loot that got me to the required amount. Was also somehow missing a audio log, and that too came along with the bodies. 1st playthrough in the books, on to round 2! toast
Matthew
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 18 April 19 at 03:03
One comment, I hesitate to bring it up...

A lot of the access codes/chipsets/loot that we find is random. I haven't had a problem accessing anything because I can either hack or find a password, but I thought I'd mention it. I know you put a lot of work into it, but the codes frequently don't work. Just thought I'd bring it up.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 18 April 19 at 03:40
Sashamorning said:
One comment, I hesitate to bring it up...

A lot of the access codes/chipsets/loot that we find is random. I haven't had a problem accessing anything because I can either hack or find a password, but I thought I'd mention it. I know you put a lot of work into it, but the codes frequently don't work. Just thought I'd bring it up.
He briefly mentions this on the General hints and tips, and then in a bold underlined disclaimer on the top of page 6 at the actual beginning of the first playthrough..toast
Matthew
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 18 April 19 at 04:50
Gotcha.
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 18 April 19 at 05:41
I didn't know about the random codes etc until my 2nd playthrough, by that point I had already wrote lots of the codes. Very frustrating when you are trying to helpful and thorough laugh
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 22 April 19 at 09:28
Just wanted to thank you for the walkthrough! I can’t imagine how long this must’ve taken you to create. seriously your level of detail was frankly incredible. The random issues I did run into had next to nothing to do with your direction, rather the games own randomness. Yet Still you were able to somehow wrap it all together. By far one of the best guides I’ve ever used. toast
Also, I did end up using Story mode difficulty all the way through on both playthroughs without any issue. Thanks again!
Matthew
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 22 April 19 at 12:12
You're very welcome, I'm very proud of this WT and I'm glad others can see the effort that was put into it clap

I will amend the WT to reflect that you can play story mode from the outset and then just change it to nightmare to get the recycling achievement.

Thanks for keeping me updated.
zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
Posted on 22 April 19 at 19:05
Absolutely! toast
Matthew
jbOblivion
jbOblivion
Posted on 08 July 19 at 17:23, Edited on 08 July 19 at 17:28 by jbOblivion
An outstanding, efficient walkthrough, which helped me greatly in completing the main game smile.

Some minor suggestions/issues I found that may be helpful to others:

1) Note down the timestamps of any manual saves you make and want to use later on for achievements, since the load menu includes all manual, auto and quick saves in a numbered list, e.g. number 10 in the load menu may be your manual Save 8.

2) For the 1st non-lethal playthrough I would recommend you immediately go to the Fitness Center as soon as you are able (after any Nightmare appearance) once you enter Crew Quarters and listen to the Cook for the first time. This avoids issues with Jillian Quigg and Phong Vu as well as other potential environmental mishaps. Then immediately proceed to deal with the NPCs and Telepath in the area where the Cook is located. This will also automatically stun David Branch in the Poltergeist room (he may remain on the upper floor and not come down the stairs).

This will allow you to deal with all of the NPCs in this tricky area first, then proceed with the other quest objectives.

3) For the Missing Persons achievement I reached 263 people instead of 265 by that point, so I probably missed a few. It then unlocked once I found Alejandro Mata (in the open ceiling next to the Talos I Bridge zone door in the Arboretum) who is not listed in the guide.

4) On the 2nd playthrough, after dealing with the Technopath in Water Treatment (Reboot quest) you can simply open the previously locked door by interacting with the nearby computer panel instead of going back up the stairs and maintenance shaft.

5) If the Ball Lightning achievement does not unlock (stuck at 50%) for the inert operators on the ground in the Greenhouse, repair 2 or 3 of them (assuming you have this skill), get them to attack you, then when they're close together in the air, use an electrostatic burst in the middle.

6) For Mimesis it may be helpful to mention xTGE's solution (quick save, then go down the lift in the Live Exam Morgue area just before the Weaver reanimates the corpse). There is also the mimic disguised as an object inside the fabricator in Director Kelstrup's office in Psychotronics that may work as well?
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 09 July 19 at 10:54
Hey JB,

Thanks for the feedback, I will look to implement these asap
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 27 August 19 at 19:23
Hi all,

So I know about a year ago I mentioned completing the DLC for Mooncrash. Unfortunately I was an idiot and started Sea of Thieves laugh

I have finished that now, so I have started writing the DLC. I have 5 days off at the end of this week and that is when I plan to hit this.

Will keep you all up to date.
ColdSpider72
ColdSpider72
Posted on 30 August 19 at 04:42
Very appreciative of the guide. Very well done.....however, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that you are missing a few key details. I didn't write down the first few I encountered unfortunately (couple of corpses and maintenance hatches/short cuts) but here are a few recent examples:

1) No mention of the key card under an object in one of the room in Crew quarters (sorry, don't remember which room, maybe Abigail Foy) that leads to secured pharmaceuticals in the trauma center. I think that room has important stuff or a body in it. You may be able to get this from a phantom corpse, but that depends on how you kill it (as in don't hit it with a recycler charge).

2) After getting locked in the freezer, you mention a room on the right with eel scraps before getting to Abigail Foy's body, but didn't mention the second room on the right just before getting to her. That room has a lot of loot, including a chipset, 3 neuromods and a Q-beam; and more importantly, two bodies (Kevin Sabian and Chloe Burgess).

- A minor thing, but I was hoping you would mention the locations for the treasure hunts, especially since you mention the maps and the related quest in the guide. For example, the first treasure hunt can be found right after starting the side quest. It is near the recycler in crew quarters (a '6' on the wall)

One last mention: I would like to respectfully request you list going to the fitness center before the cafeteria at the beginning of that section walkthrough, instead of later, when it's already too late to avoid the glitch. If someone is doing a kill all humans playthrough, that could be a bit frustrating. Since it doesn't matter to the story which area you tackle first, might as well put people on the path least likely to cause a glitch.

Hope that came across constructive because I have got a ton of use out of the guide and only want to help.
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 30 August 19 at 06:24
Hi ColdSpider,

Of course I take this as constructive smile

I believe within the guide I may have missed around 5 corpses, I know I should have probably gone back to mention them all, but with the achievement not requiring all of them I just actually forgot to do that laugh

I honestly didn't know about your 1st point. I will look to check that area out and see if I can find where you are talking about, although from memory cant you access that room in another way?

I also didn't know about the 2nd room in the freezer. I again will look at that at the same time as your 1st point.

You will definitely find shortcuts etc that I have missed, however trying to add them in now would probably make me have to rewrite certain parts to help navigate around the map and I dont think that is necessary.

The glitch part, I know what you are saying. I will look to see if I can rewrite that.

The treasure hunt, I didn't want to mention that specifically as 1. I never actually completed it, 2. It wasnt related to any achievement and 3. I wanted to give people something to work out themselves on that part if they so wished mainly to give them a bit of treasure hunting smile I know most people will say they are using the WT just to complete it as quickly as possible. I wanted to leave one quirky bit in there for the users.
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 30 August 19 at 09:09, Edited on 30 August 19 at 14:27 by SwelterinBeaver
So I have had a look at the points you raised.

Within the mop-up section I do comment about the other room in the freezer and the two corpses, I think I left that till then due to a side mission. Obviously if you collect these before then it is not an issue. Also within the mop-up section I mention about the Secured Pharmaceutical room, however this is accessed using the keycard located on the phantom.

I located the keycard you were talking about, that is a very good spot and I can see how I missed it! I have added that into the WT.

With regards to the kill human playthrough and going to the fitness centre 1st, I do write to do it in that order for the very reason you mention. It is recorded within 2nd playthrough part 2.
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 01 September 19 at 21:02
Hey there,

I got the game back in 2017 and beat it once. I loved it, but was too bored to 100% it, thinking that the achievements would be a huge hassle. I did your "first run" in 24 playing hours. You did an exceptional job, so much information and a lot of detail. That, combined with new Story difficulty level made everything very easy, even though I had one less Transcribe and four less employees by the time you got your respective achievements.

Thanks a lot, TA needs more users like you!
"He who controls the memes, controls the universe." - Unknown
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 02 September 19 at 05:35
Thanks for the kind words! I'm pleased the WT did the trick for you.

If you've got Mooncrash, I should have that completed soon.
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 02 September 19 at 09:33
SwelterinBeaver said:
Thanks for the kind words! I'm pleased the WT did the trick for you.

If you've got Mooncrash, I should have that completed soon.
I do, I'll give it a go on my own first, just like I did with the base game. Thanks again.
SwelterinBeaver
Posted on 09 September 19 at 19:16
Just an update for you guys.

I am 5 pages into the DLC, 3 of the 4 areas have been searched and detailed. I am close to writing the farming run and then a video guide for this and just finishing up.

I'll keep plodding along and hopefully get this done soon.

Thanks for the patience.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 09 September 19 at 22:34
claptoast
Anima Pura
Anima Pura
Posted on 09 September 19 at 23:08
Good to hear! clap
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.