The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: October 24th, 2017

AuthorMessage
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 24 October 17 at 12:33
Really nice sales but I don't need anything!
DARK 777
Solario32
Solario32
Posted on 24 October 17 at 13:10
Lords of the Fallen DLC standalone please. Fuck.
Z Squared91
Z Squared91
Posted on 24 October 17 at 13:20
Is there a story between all of the Dead Rising games? I kind of want to jump on that Dead Rising 3 deal and start there since it seems to be the highest rated of the series.
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 24 October 17 at 14:08
Torment, here I come! Been waiting on this one!
EnterTheFray
EnterTheFray
Posted on 24 October 17 at 14:23, Edited on 24 October 17 at 14:24 by EnterTheFray
Z Squared91 said:
Is there a story between all of the Dead Rising games? I kind of want to jump on that Dead Rising 3 deal and start there since it seems to be the highest rated of the series.
Na, all different stories but another person / town pretty much. Starting at #3 wont be an issue
TearsOfAClown9
Posted on 24 October 17 at 14:26
Any Windows 10 games on sale?
LiquidMercuri
LiquidMercuri
Posted on 24 October 17 at 15:33
snatcher33 said:
Wackyboxer said:
So I see that the Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition is $24. Dead Rising 4 is $16 and the Dead Rising 4 Season Pass is $5. Is there anything to be gained by purchasing the Deluxe Edition instead of purchasing the game and the season pass? It's only $3 but there's been a lot of times in my life I wish I had $3.
I'm wondering the same exact thing?
I am replying because I also cant figure out the difference and would like to know?
BK BuDHa
BK BuDHa
Posted on 24 October 17 at 16:38
Kholat is $4 on Windows 10, i am considering buying it.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 24 October 17 at 17:04
Skelix said:
CheshireMulisha said:
Har Miggido said:
Why put layers of fear as a bundle with the dlc? It was gwg so most people only need the dlc. Think how many people might buy if it was on sale by itself.

Idiots
I know! Same with Lords of the Fallen.

This seems to be the generation of pumping out dlc/season passes for every game but then never discounting it.
Because, they know people want to "complete" it, so forcing you to buy the whole package, is like they never even gave it for "free" in the first place. They give you a nibble on a free part of the game, you come back with money to re-buy the entire thing. They're not idiots they're the greediest of the greedy.
This and also it gives people a chance who maybe missed it or didn't have a gold account to purchase it for pretty cheap as I believe it's not a Deals With Gold sale. Not everyone has gold out there don't forget wink
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 24 October 17 at 17:15
CQOzymandias said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
Thinking about State of Decay or Dying Light, anyone have any thoughts on either? Never really played any games like these so idk how difficult they'd be, time consuming, fun solo, etc.
Dying Light as awesome. It's basically Dead Island but even better.

I personally loved State of Decay; I thought it was a lot of fun to play, but I think where a lot of people get hung up is that the game is about surviving, not mowing down lots of zombies (unlike most every other Zombie game). It's about strategizing, keeping your people safe, keeping them fed, and taking care of zombies that are problems...not getting rid of the zombie problem.

To be honest, State of Decay *might* be the first single-player only game I ever played, loved, but actually thought could be improved by adding a multiplayer option. Really, really looking forward to SoD2.
Well if it's a better version of Dead Island I'm sold then, plus with all the DLC included too seems like a solid deal. Does co-op work the same way as Dead Island? And I've been watching Achievement Hunter's 7 Days to Die videos lately so like it's making me want to try something similar (but not as bad as it lol), and since state of Decay is like $10 after tax I figured it would be a decent investment.
I King Leo I
I King Leo I
Posted on 24 October 17 at 18:10, Edited on 25 October 17 at 08:21 by I King Leo I
There are a couple of games on sale for Win10. Picked up a three telltale games with season passes
SheBeatsYou
SheBeatsYou
Posted on 24 October 17 at 18:14
iTz Canada Ehh said:
CQOzymandias said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
Thinking about State of Decay or Dying Light, anyone have any thoughts on either? Never really played any games like these so idk how difficult they'd be, time consuming, fun solo, etc.
Dying Light as awesome. It's basically Dead Island but even better.

I personally loved State of Decay; I thought it was a lot of fun to play, but I think where a lot of people get hung up is that the game is about surviving, not mowing down lots of zombies (unlike most every other Zombie game). It's about strategizing, keeping your people safe, keeping them fed, and taking care of zombies that are problems...not getting rid of the zombie problem.

To be honest, State of Decay *might* be the first single-player only game I ever played, loved, but actually thought could be improved by adding a multiplayer option. Really, really looking forward to SoD2.
Well if it's a better version of Dead Island I'm sold then, plus with all the DLC included too seems like a solid deal. Does co-op work the same way as Dead Island? And I've been watching Achievement Hunter's 7 Days to Die videos lately so like it's making me want to try something similar (but not as bad as it lol), and since state of Decay is like $10 after tax I figured it would be a decent investment.
I can almost guarantee SOD will be a GWG title when the sequel launches.
Silicon Iceman
Posted on 24 October 17 at 19:53
EnterTheFray said:
Z Squared91 said:
Na, all different stories but another person / town pretty much. Starting at #3 wont be an issue
I disagree... and so do the facts. Dead rising 3, while starring a different protagonist and setting than the previous two entries, is still a direct sequel to the other two. The story directly references the events that took place in DR 1 and DR2. One of the characters from DR1 is an integral part of DR 3's narrative.

Yes, you can absolutely play this game without having to have played the previous two games and you should be able to follow along just fine. However, the stories from all three are linked an overall story arc. So, to answer the original question; "Yes, there is a story between all of the Dead Rising games, BUT you don't have to be familiar with them to enjoy each individual story."
swedishmailman
Posted on 24 October 17 at 20:45
Really considering Axiom Verge and Lords of the Fallen. As someone who loves the Dark Souls series and missed the GwG release, do you guys think it's worth picking up at that price?
rocking23nf
rocking23nf
Posted on 24 October 17 at 23:50
i cant stand lords of the fallen, granted i only played around 1-2 hours, the battle was super boring, BUT i hate dark souls as well. so you might love it.
Raines
Raines
Posted on 24 October 17 at 23:54
Will probably grab the Resident Evil Revelations bundle. Been wanting to play those games for awhile.
ll Viper 61 ll
Posted on 25 October 17 at 00:04
Got Zombii and Goosebumps. Gonna hold off on the park. At least until it's below $5.
M4DE IN W4LE5
Posted on 25 October 17 at 00:21
My beef is with the price of Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2. Its on here for $8 which equate to bout £6 and low and below when I try to purchase from UK store if £14 odd pounds. That always happens when Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 is on sale. Spins me out
Warku1t
Warku1t
Posted on 25 October 17 at 01:02
WTF the currenciy balances are all messed up, the regular price for Dead Rising Deluxe Edition is 59,99$US and 99,99$CAN according to the actual currency the regula price for Canada should be around 70-75$
D3m0nF0rc3
D3m0nF0rc3
Posted on 25 October 17 at 02:32
Dovetail games Euro fishing season pass is also on sale
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.