Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: October 24th, 2017

AuthorMessage
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 24 October 17 at 08:49
matdan said:
Another week, another pile of repeat sales. *yawn*
Well what can they do at this point really? The 360 is no longer getting new games.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 24 October 17 at 08:57, Edited on 24 October 17 at 08:57 by matdan
EarthboundX said:
matdan said:
Well what can they do at this point really? The 360 is no longer getting new games.
Still tonnes of content that rarely ever see sales especially DLC and arcade games.

Looking at this these games don't have their DLC included in this sale RE 6, RE Raccoon City, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2, Dead Space 1, Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3.

That alone is a lot of content that rarely if ever sees sales which would already make this a much better sale. Also GTA V is on sale like every week at this point.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 24 October 17 at 09:13
IronInfidel47 said:
Is the XBox website messing up for anyone else or is it just me? It keeps failing to log me in over and over without anything actually showing up (the address bar resets itself) and it eventually locks out.
Same for me in Windows and Firefox. I tried deleting all my cookies related to the site which sometimes fixes these sort of problems but no luck. Now I've seen your post it means the problem must be at their end I guess.
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 24 October 17 at 09:16
EarthboundX said:
matdan said:
I'm gonna assume you don't follow these sales very closely or it would be obvious to you that they keep recycling the same small pool of games in these sales, while the majority of the vast Xbox back catalogue never gets a look in.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 24 October 17 at 11:47, Edited on 24 October 17 at 11:51 by EarthboundX
FullNietzsche said:
EarthboundX said:
matdan said:
I'm gonna assume you don't follow these sales very closely or it would be obvious to you that they keep recycling the same small pool of games in these sales, while the majority of the vast Xbox back catalogue never gets a look in.
Nah, I see all the sales each week. This seems to be the October Halloween sale. I admit I don't know what makes them put what on sale, but I have to assume they put a lot of the same things on sale because they keep selling?

I don't know what else it could be, other than obvious stuff like license agreements running out, or companies that made certain games no longer even existing, E.G. like Midway.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 24 October 17 at 11:48
Looks like the 360 game links are working again.
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 24 October 17 at 11:52
EarthboundX said:
FullNietzsche said:
EarthboundX said:
matdan said:
Nah, I see all the sales each week. This seems to be the October Halloween sale. I admit I don't know what makes them put what on sale, but I have to assume they put a lot of the same things on sale because they keep selling?

I don't know what else it could be, other than obvious stuff like license agreements running out, or companies that made certain games no longer even existing.
If it was license agreements running out, then those games wouldn't still be for sale digitally. So it isn't that.

If the companies no longer exist, then how would the games still be for sale digitally either?

I don't think you've put much thought into it tbh.
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 24 October 17 at 11:59, Edited on 24 October 17 at 12:03 by EarthboundX
FullNietzsche said:
EarthboundX said:
FullNietzsche said:
EarthboundX said:
matdan said:

I don't know what else it could be, other than obvious stuff like license agreements running out, or companies that made certain games no longer even existing.
If it was license agreements running out, then those games wouldn't still be for sale digitally. So it isn't that.

If the companies no longer exist, then how would the games still be for sale digitally either?

I don't think you've put much thought into it tbh.
No idea, but companies like Midway are gone, yet some of their games and DLC are still on the store. Why do you think they don't put so many games or their DLC on sale?

Nm then, when I try to buy one of these 360 games, it just loops the pages over and over. Guess I'll have to do it on my 360 itself.
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 24 October 17 at 12:09
Dead space 3, walking dead michonne and silent hills for me. Not too shabby.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 24 October 17 at 12:35
EarthboundX said:
matdan said:
FIFA 18 (Xbox 360) just came out less than a month ago and Just Dance 2018 (Xbox 360) comes out today. There are about half a dozen games coming out next year.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 24 October 17 at 12:38
Might get Michonne just to stack laugh
DARK 777
Otouto72
Otouto72
Posted on 24 October 17 at 13:53
Crap! I bought Goosebumps at full price about a month ago!
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 24 October 17 at 14:13
Yessssss! Finally time to refamiliarize myself with Silent Hill!
MatadorBID
MatadorBID
Posted on 24 October 17 at 14:32
Nice batch of Halloween sales. Been waiting to pick up Alice for a long time.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 24 October 17 at 17:26
MatadorBID said:
Nice batch of Halloween sales. Been waiting to pick up Alice for a long time.
I played Alice: Madness Returns on the PC about six years ago and it is a visually stunning game. Too many games seem to have dark pallettes and it's a welcome change to play a game with bright, vibrant colors.
Crims0nScorpion
Posted on 24 October 17 at 17:46
pretty decent sales this week, may pick up Michone for the GS since I already did it on the One...Sonic and Knuckles and Silent Hill
Crims0nScorpion
Posted on 24 October 17 at 17:47
if only Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 were 75% off then I'd get them...still have to fully finish them on the One so until then I won't get them for 360 but definitely want to
Dead M3tal
Dead M3tal
Posted on 24 October 17 at 18:48
Very happy with this sale. Silent hill hd collection and the DMC Virgils downfall dlc purchased clap So happy I didn't pay the £25 for silent hill on ebay the other week.
Lefty24
Lefty24
Posted on 24 October 17 at 20:11
Why does Costume Quest never go on sale?
X SABREZ X
X SABREZ X
Posted on 24 October 17 at 20:54
Shadows of the damned is an awesome and fun game. A pretty simple 1000Gs. Odd at times but a definite play for anyone who hasn't tried it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.