Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Adds More Titles to the Xbox One X Enhanced List

AuthorMessage
IronInfidel47
IronInfidel47
Posted on 25 October 17 at 16:28
Metal Gear Survive is apparently releasing February 20 in the US and February 22 in Europe
LiquidMercuri
LiquidMercuri
Posted on 25 October 17 at 16:46
I thought that I saw that Sonic Forces was getting a boost from Xbox One X but I don't see it on this list?
Whos Jent
Whos Jent
Xbox One X looks amazing but I won't be buying it anytime soon. That's 500$ I can spend on games
xPut Name Herex
Captaineyecatch said:
xPut Name Herex said:
If I were to have acquired an Xbox One X, but don't have a 4K or an HDR TV, is it still beneficial to download all the extra 4K enhancements? Or will whatever improvement these games get even for traditional 1080p sets come off of the base game contents?
Yes you will get improvements - the 4k image will be super sampled down to 1080p it will look really clean and sharp. You will get the higher quality textures and better lightin & shadows, longer draw distances, faster load times. You will just miss out on the 4K and HDR
I know there are improvements to be had, I just want to know of I had to download the extra files in order to get those, or they just happen as is. Thank you though.
Visions of Gore
Posted on 25 October 17 at 16:51
xPut Name Herex said:
Captaineyecatch said:
xPut Name Herex said:
If I were to have acquired an Xbox One X, but don't have a 4K or an HDR TV, is it still beneficial to download all the extra 4K enhancements? Or will whatever improvement these games get even for traditional 1080p sets come off of the base game contents?
Yes you will get improvements - the 4k image will be super sampled down to 1080p it will look really clean and sharp. You will get the higher quality textures and better lightin & shadows, longer draw distances, faster load times. You will just miss out on the 4K and HDR
I know there are improvements to be had, I just want to know of I had to download the extra files in order to get those, or they just happen as is. Thank you though.
My understanding is that the extra download is only 4K content. The Xbox one X should be doing all the other extra stuff automatically. If you only have a 1080p, you shouldn't need to download. Once again though, just my interpretation.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 25 October 17 at 17:04
Captaineyecatch said:
xPut Name Herex said:
Faster load times is what I expect to be the most significant benefit of the X1X. The new console's bandwidth is triple that of the X1 and the X1S and one and half times that of the PS4 Pro. I felt one of the noticeable differences between the X1 & X1S compared to the PS4 & PS4 Pro was the much faster load times. I feel they are all great consoles but I did appreciate the lower latency of the Playstation consoles especially of the PS4 Pro that had the fastest memory bandwidth.

Now, at 326 GB/sec, the X1X will have a 50% increase in memory bandwidth over the exceptional PS4 Pro. That is what excites me. When I'm on a roll in a game, I don't want to sit twiddling my thumbs waiting for the console to load the next segment.

This is the feature that excites me even more than the fancy graphics.
GNOMEassassin23
Posted on 25 October 17 at 17:07
Oooh, I may have to play Oblivion yet again to see what it looks like enhanced! Been a few years, may be time for another run thru it.
Z Squared91
Z Squared91
Posted on 25 October 17 at 17:16
Still no mention of Just Cause 3 or Mad Max....c'mon Avalanche, get what the program!
x Mataeus x
x Mataeus x
Posted on 25 October 17 at 17:37
Surely all X1 games on the list will have 4K, otherwise, what's the point?
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 25 October 17 at 17:41
How much Space does a game take with all the 4k textures? I imagine a lot. 1TB is way too small for a 4K console HDD. I think an external drive may almost be mandatory at that point
LordBern
LordBern
Posted on 25 October 17 at 17:47
Is that a typo that Fallout 3 is getting an upgrade? Shouldn't that be Fallout 4?
ll BENNO ll
ll BENNO ll
Posted on 25 October 17 at 17:56
"news item for gears of war 4"

*clicks on link, leads here.. warning
If you like Dark souls, check out The Surge!
RedDragonSwords
Posted on 25 October 17 at 18:04
LordBern said:
Is that a typo that Fallout 3 is getting an upgrade? Shouldn't that be Fallout 4?
No typo, Fallout 3 is getting Xbox One X enhancements.
draiba
draiba
Posted on 25 October 17 at 18:09
no Mass Effect: Andromeda?
MugenKairo
MugenKairo
Posted on 25 October 17 at 18:39
Eurydace said:
Jonker said:
Eurydace said:
Tweet at them asking them to fix it!
I got tired many months ago of bugging them everywhere I could (twitter, G+, their official forums, etc), but never received a response. cry
They do read it though. Try again! I just did.
I’ve done the same thing with Curve Digital, only they promise to fix things, but are just liars.
'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
wbs
wbs
Posted on 25 October 17 at 18:52, Edited on 25 October 17 at 19:18 by wbs
I am almost positive that Super Luckys Tale was listed in the Xbox store as 4k and HDR. This was supposed to be the launch title and a demo of sorts for the Xbox X. Also no 4k for Battlefront 2 wtf? Even Battlefront 1 was 4k on PC and it was the demo game for 4k PCs. It was even bundled with Alienware Area 51 PCs to show off their power. 4k Battlefront 2 would have been the perfect game to show off the Xbox X. Guess Assassins Creed is now the demo game for launch.
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 25 October 17 at 19:25
wbs said:
I am almost positive that Super Luckys Tale was listed in the Xbox store as 4k and HDR. This was supposed to be the launch title and a demo of sorts for the Xbox X.
The official MS list shows 4K for it, but not HDR. I also can't find HDR mentioned on the game page.

Will TA be adding 4K and HDR to filterable game info? I think they should.

It seems to me that Halo 3 should be in this article also. It was mentioned in Microsoft Shows Off Original Xbox Games on Xbox One and Halo 3 on Xbox One X, but so were Fallout 3 (which has an extra F in the list above), Oblivion, and Assassin's Creed.
wbs
wbs
Posted on 25 October 17 at 19:40
Also Killing Floor 2 is missing from this list.
http://4k.com/news/killing-floor-2-now-available-for-xbox-on...
wbs
wbs
Posted on 25 October 17 at 19:54, Edited on 25 October 17 at 19:55 by wbs
MathGuy42 said:
wbs said:
I am almost positive that Super Luckys Tale was listed in the Xbox store as 4k and HDR. This was supposed to be the launch title and a demo of sorts for the Xbox X.
The official MS list shows 4K for it, but not HDR. I also can't find HDR mentioned on the game page.

Will TA be adding 4K and HDR to filterable game info? I think they should.

It seems to me that Halo 3 should be in this article also. It was mentioned in Microsoft Shows Off Original Xbox Games on Xbox One and Halo 3 on Xbox One X, but so were Fallout 3 (which has an extra F in the list above), Oblivion, and Assassin's Creed.
I hope TA adds 4k and HDR filters. I plan on renting or purchasing every game that has both features and this will make the search easier. My OLED TV has been patiently waiting for the X for over a year and I can't wait to put it to the test.
Mirage8531
Mirage8531
Posted on 25 October 17 at 20:03
Visions of Gore said:
xPut Name Herex said:
Captaineyecatch said:
xPut Name Herex said:
My understanding is that the extra download is only 4K content. The Xbox one X should be doing all the other extra stuff automatically. If you only have a 1080p, you shouldn't need to download. Once again though, just my interpretation.
You'll have to download the 4K assets for it to "supersample". Otherwise its just going to use the standard assets you already have and probably won't see a difference.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, these game will be running at 60 frames per second at 1080p as well, which is also better than the standard xbox one. Im not sure it'll be that noticeable, but it sure will if you have the 4K assets being super sampled. I just need one of my TV's to give up the ghost so I have an excuse to get a 4K TV.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.