Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Adds More Titles to the Xbox One X Enhanced List

• MemoMemo352,219
    Posted on 25 October 17 at 20:29
    Mirage8531 said:
    Visions of Gore said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Captaineyecatch said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    If I were to have acquired an Xbox One X, but don't have a 4K or an HDR TV, is it still beneficial to download all the extra 4K enhancements? Or will whatever improvement these games get even for traditional 1080p sets come off of the base game contents?
    Yes you will get improvements - the 4k image will be super sampled down to 1080p it will look really clean and sharp. You will get the higher quality textures and better lightin & shadows, longer draw distances, faster load times. You will just miss out on the 4K and HDR
    I know there are improvements to be had, I just want to know of I had to download the extra files in order to get those, or they just happen as is. Thank you though.
    My understanding is that the extra download is only 4K content. The Xbox one X should be doing all the other extra stuff automatically. If you only have a 1080p, you shouldn't need to download. Once again though, just my interpretation.
    You'll have to download the 4K assets for it to "supersample". Otherwise its just going to use the standard assets you already have and probably won't see a difference.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, these game will be running at 60 frames per second at 1080p as well, which is also better than the standard xbox one. Im not sure it'll be that noticeable, but it sure will if you have the 4K assets being super sampled. I just need one of my TV's to give up the ghost so I have an excuse to get a 4K TV.
    "Accidentally" swinging a golf club through it should do the trick! toast
    Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,567,910
    Posted on 25 October 17 at 20:30
    If you still have a Wii, just go Wii Bowling wink
  • Posted on 25 October 17 at 20:36
    i don't care 4k.. if all of these game running on 1080p 60fps. i'll buy xbx
  • Posted on 25 October 17 at 20:41
    It would be a crime if Destiny 2 never gets the update. Bungie's done worse to their fans though...ugh.
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,173,082
    Posted on 25 October 17 at 20:44
    Shred Asics 13 said:
    It would be a crime if Destiny 2 never gets the update. Bungie's done worse to their fans though...ugh.
    It has to happen. The deal they signed with Sony be damned. If they don't add the enhancement, there will be a shit storm of epic proportions from the Xbox community.
  • D1SCOD1SCO594,736
    Posted on 25 October 17 at 21:36
    Are the 360 games going to be the back compat versions we have now or re-releases like Disneyland Adventures? Because I can't imagine publishers patching decade old games for free.
  • prokopprokop263,781
    Posted on 25 October 17 at 22:55
    Do i have to own the digital copies? if i own assassins creed 1 for xbox 360, do i have to rebuy it digitally for it to be enhanced?
    C.C. Prokop
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42834,633
    Posted on 25 October 17 at 23:22
    D1SCO said:
    Are the 360 games going to be the back compat versions we have now or re-releases like Disneyland Adventures? Because I can't imagine publishers patching decade old games for free.
    It's going to be the same version you have now. According to this tweet from the Director of BC,
    We aren't updating their games at all. The changes are contained entirely in the emulator. We don't touch developer IP
    The context was someone asking why not change OG Xbox games to have achievements since MS was changing Xbox 360 games to give them X Enhancements. So if I'm interpreting him correctly, he's saying that the developer code for Enhanced Xbox 360 games is untouched. The emulator just knows that Halo 3 is playing, so it steps in and does some enhancements.

prokop said:
    Do i have to own the digital copies? if i own assassins creed 1 for xbox 360, do i have to rebuy it digitally for it to be enhanced?
    You shouldn't have to rebuy digitally. If you have a disc for a BC game, the game is still downloaded. The disc is just used as a key to allow you to play that downloaded copy.
  • prokopprokop263,781
    Posted on 25 October 17 at 23:23
    if there is nothing beside the game name, what update are they doing to it?
    C.C. Prokop
  • coinfrenzycoinfrenzy872,180
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 01:19
    CRACKDOWN 3 PLEASE STOP DELAYING!!!
    http://stores.ebay.com/coinfrenzyclaimsale IG-@COINFRENZYGAMES
  • BegFourMercyBegFourMercy1,258,714
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 01:51
    I still do not get why I would spend 500 for a machine to play the same games I own.
  • Posted on 26 October 17 at 02:09
    BegFourMercy said:
    I still do not get why I would spend 500 for a machine to play the same games I own.
  • planting42planting422,094,233
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 02:09
    Eurydace said:
    planting42 said:
    Th4kk1 said:
    So Darksiders 2 eh? Pls fix the broken Cheevo then!
    Apple - meet orange.
    How? THQ Nordic is using its resources to fund a patch.
    Quite likely the graphical enhancement is much simpler than figuring out what's broken with the gifting system.

Graphics (apples)
    Coding (oranges)
    https://www.trueachievements.com/event/GTASC-2017
  • ll BENNO llll BENNO ll578,721
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 04:47
    planting42 said:
    Eurydace said:
    planting42 said:
    Th4kk1 said:
    Apple - meet orange.
    Quite likely the graphical enhancement is much simpler than figuring out what's broken with the gifting system.

Graphics (apples)
    Coding (oranges)
    Not to mention THQ Nordic acquired the game when they bought majority of THQ intellectual properties. Legit someone else's code.
    If you like Dark souls, check out The Surge!
  • Posted on 26 October 17 at 09:46
    Hello. This list of enhanced games is great. But I still misunderstand if there will be some improvements on non-listed X1 games. Because I've read the two stories...

I've read that:
    "every XB1, Xbox 360 and OG X360 game will get performance boosted as well like higher and more stable framerate, cleaner textures and better anti-aliasing."
    => The problem is that I've also read the opposite...

So for example: if I launch Dark Souls III on my upcoming X1X the game will offer a better framerate? Lower loading times?
  • bennjjeebennjjee571,231
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 12:37
    This is awesome! Can't wait!
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer2,498,897
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 16:29
    wbs said:
    I am almost positive that Super Luckys Tale was listed in the Xbox store as 4k and HDR. This was supposed to be the launch title and a demo of sorts for the Xbox X. Also no 4k for Battlefront 2 wtf? Even Battlefront 1 was 4k on PC and it was the demo game for 4k PCs. It was even bundled with Alienware Area 51 PCs to show off their power. 4k Battlefront 2 would have been the perfect game to show off the Xbox X. Guess Assassins Creed is now the demo game for launch.
    Xbox One X could easily run Battlefront at 4k resolution. Just not with 60FPS.
    The game is only 720p on the regular Xbox One.
  • GerbasgamerGerbasgamer2,498,897
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 16:36
    AgileTurnip434 said:
    Hello. This list of enhanced games is great. But I still misunderstand if there will be some improvements on non-listed X1 games. Because I've read the two stories...

I've read that:
    "every XB1, Xbox 360 and OG X360 game will get performance boosted as well like higher and more stable framerate, cleaner textures and better anti-aliasing."
    => The problem is that I've also read the opposite...

So for example: if I launch Dark Souls III on my upcoming X1X the game will offer a better framerate? Lower loading times?
    Definitely yes.

Dark Souls III targets 30FPS and dips frequently into mid 20s range. Due to Xbox One X it will give the game automatically a stable 30FPS experience.
    However the game is capped at 30FPS. Only a change in game code could remove that limit. The game tiself shouldn't have too much trouble to run at 60FPS (not in combination with 4k though).
  • QuemandanteQuemandante1,146,775
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 18:24
    ll BENNO ll said:
    planting42 said:
    Eurydace said:
    planting42 said:
    Th4kk1 said:
    Apple - meet orange.

Graphics (apples)
    Coding (oranges)
    Not to mention THQ Nordic acquired the game when they bought majority of THQ intellectual properties. Legit someone else's code.
    The thing is, it was fixed once after the acquisition so that's no excuse, and then it was just taken down again without notice, which to me is the worst part.

Now they chose to use their resources for this which will probably boost their sales a little bit when they never cared to spend anything to fix either the 360 version's trade system or the Xbox One achievements that have been broken since the game launched.
  • BulletLukeyBulletLukey548,445
    Posted on 27 October 17 at 08:37
    wbs said:
    I hope TA adds 4k and HDR filters. I plan on renting or purchasing every game that has both features and this will make the search easier. My OLED TV has been patiently waiting for the X for over a year and I can't wait to put it to the test.
    Good idea. We are going to implement that soon. smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads