Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft Adds More Titles to the Xbox One X Enhanced List

AuthorMessage
Mirage8531
Mirage8531
Posted on 27 October 17 at 12:28
Memo said:
Mirage8531 said:
Visions of Gore said:
xPut Name Herex said:
Captaineyecatch said:
xPut Name Herex said:
If I were to have acquired an Xbox One X, but don't have a 4K or an HDR TV, is it still beneficial to download all the extra 4K enhancements? Or will whatever improvement these games get even for traditional 1080p sets come off of the base game contents?
Yes you will get improvements - the 4k image will be super sampled down to 1080p it will look really clean and sharp. You will get the higher quality textures and better lightin & shadows, longer draw distances, faster load times. You will just miss out on the 4K and HDR
I know there are improvements to be had, I just want to know of I had to download the extra files in order to get those, or they just happen as is. Thank you though.
My understanding is that the extra download is only 4K content. The Xbox one X should be doing all the other extra stuff automatically. If you only have a 1080p, you shouldn't need to download. Once again though, just my interpretation.
You'll have to download the 4K assets for it to "supersample". Otherwise its just going to use the standard assets you already have and probably won't see a difference.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, these game will be running at 60 frames per second at 1080p as well, which is also better than the standard xbox one. Im not sure it'll be that noticeable, but it sure will if you have the 4K assets being super sampled. I just need one of my TV's to give up the ghost so I have an excuse to get a 4K TV.
"Accidentally" swinging a golf club through it should do the trick! toast
LOL, I think I'd be in the dog house for quite awhile if I did that. I don't think my wife is too thrilled I have the One X Scorpio console preordered as it is, haha.
DE4N MUFC
DE4N MUFC
Posted on 27 October 17 at 14:36
There’s quite a few games that isn’t on the list that are going to be enhanced with 4K and HDR, CoD: WWII and Wolfenstein 2 just to name a couple of big hitters, I have both AC: Origins and Wolfenstein 2 right now but I’m holding off playing them as I want to experience them at their very best for the first time on the Xbox One X.
MathGuy42
MathGuy42
Posted on 27 October 17 at 18:22, Edited on 27 October 17 at 20:02 by MathGuy42
DE4N MUFC said:
There’s quite a few games that isn’t on the list that are going to be enhanced with 4K and HDR,
Looks that way. The recent Halo Community Update says that Halo 3 will be in 4K, but it's not listed as such on the official list.

Bill Stillwell (BC Director) said, "We aren't updating their games at all. The changes are contained entirely in the emulator. We don't touch developer IP." I think he was talking about 360 games, though it was in an OG thread. If I understand him correctly, Halo 3 isn't getting any new 4K assets. If the Halo Update is correct, the emulator is just doing special H3-specific upscaling to 4K.

It seems like there's going to be confusion about what 4K means. The official list says, "The 4K Ultra HD icon means the game outputs at 2160p." Apparently this can just be upscaling and smoothing, instead of the developers creating pure 4K assets.

Edit: Bill Stillwell told me, "We can have the emulator scale up to 9x org resolution on select games and show the more detailed assets. But MCC is getting own 4K update"
Mephisto4thewin
Mephisto4thewin
Posted on 30 October 17 at 12:29
Will the Oblivion improvements include the japanese GOTY stack or will it literally be just for the plain norml version? Seems like it should be for all versions but not im not 100% clear.
coinfrenzy
coinfrenzy
Posted on 05 November 17 at 10:54
DOOM THE ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://stores.ebay.com/coinfrenzyclaimsale IG-@COINFRENZYGAMES
DEDLY CUKE
DEDLY CUKE
Posted on 05 November 17 at 18:52
IronInfidel47 said:
BegFourMercy said:
I still do not get why I would spend 500 for a machine to play the same games I own.
coinfrenzy
coinfrenzy
Posted on 06 November 17 at 10:34
DEDLY CUKE said:
IronInfidel47 said:
BegFourMercy said:
I still do not get why I would spend 500 for a machine to play the same games I own.
Its not the same games you already have and if you don't want the system then don't get it. Period. Theres plenty of forums outside of TA that you can comment all the hate in the world about the system but why do it here where most people viewing are going to slam you back??????? Kinda just seems a little idk like you're setting yourself up to argue with someone am I right for the most part?
Lord MuffinHead
Posted on 06 November 17 at 10:47, Edited on 06 November 17 at 10:49 by Lord MuffinHead
coinfrenzy said:
DEDLY CUKE said:
IronInfidel47 said:
BegFourMercy said:
Its not the same games you already have and if you don't want the system then don't get it. Period. Theres plenty of forums outside of TA that you can comment all the hate in the world about the system but why do it here where most people viewing are going to slam you back??????? Kinda just seems a little idk like you're setting yourself up to argue with someone am I right for the most part?
I for one agree with begfourmercy. I mean they are the same games you can't argue with that. All your paying for is a graphical upgrade but if you don't have a 4k tv or if (like me) you couldnt really give a rat's arse about the difference between 720p and 4k then its a completely pointless system

and as far as commenting hate and setting arguments up, you yourself seem to be the most guilty of that

Just my 2 cents :P
coinfrenzy
coinfrenzy
Posted on 06 November 17 at 11:14
Lord MuffinHead said:
coinfrenzy said:
DEDLY CUKE said:
IronInfidel47 said:
BegFourMercy said:
I for one agree with begfourmercy. I mean they are the same games you can't argue with that. All your paying for is a graphical upgrade but if you don't have a 4k tv or if (like me) you couldnt really give a rat's arse about the difference between 720p and 4k then its a completely pointless system

and as far as commenting hate and setting arguments up, you yourself seem to be the most guilty of that

Just my 2 cents :P
So because they allow you to play previously released games thats what you're making your comment about not wanting. Does no one seem to understand that buying the system is "100% optional" I've to this day not seen one person get forced to buy it. And do those same people that don't want it because they're the "same" games not realize that the 4K capabilities is to help developers have a more powerful system to work with. Im pretty sure there will be some sort of sale either this holiday or next that people who don't have $500 to throw around could probably afford. Thankfully most xbox players aren't PC players because sheesh it seems most of us are broke or somethings not going right in our financial state to buy whatever it is they do or don't want. But again. No ones forcing anyone here right :D just my 2 cents back atcha :)
Xboxoholic
Xboxoholic
Posted on 07 November 17 at 09:46
Do the 360 games come with new achievement lists?

Not even kidding, I'd get the console just for that. Separate achievement lists would breathe new life into these games.
coinfrenzy
coinfrenzy
Posted on 07 November 17 at 11:41
Xboxoholic said:

Not even kidding, I'd get the console just for that. Separate achievement lists would breathe new life into these games.
While that would be great for achievement hunters I don't see any point to an average player! Which "average players" are xboxes normal users!
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 07 November 17 at 13:38
Xboxoholic said:
No. The BC games are played through an emulator. XBox Live views the achievements the same way it would regardless if you are playing the game on an X1, X1X, X1S, or 360.
coinfrenzy
coinfrenzy
Posted on 08 November 17 at 04:44
A list of all "X Enhanced" games can be found on the xbox site linked below!
-
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhance...
Maze Mayhem
Maze Mayhem
Posted on 08 November 17 at 20:44
Why is hand of fate 2 not available though it was supposed to be released yesterday. No message that is delayed...
BulletLukey
BulletLukey
Posted on 09 November 17 at 17:47, Edited on 09 November 17 at 17:48 by BulletLukey
Maze Mayhem said:
Why is hand of fate 2 not available though it was supposed to be released yesterday. No message that is delayed...
https://twitter.com/DefiantDev/status/926766076473442304
Hand of Fate 2 Launch Delayed
Count Stex
Count Stex
Posted on 02 December 17 at 07:53
I find it odd people with 1080P TVs are dismissing the console as something only for those with 4K HDR TVs. I myself am still rocking a none-LED 1080P Samsung as my main screen, whilst I wait for things to stadidise a little more in the HDR field, but the improvements to games is still well worth my money.
Way faster load times, rock solid FPS, 16xAF on all 360 games, many getting asset patches and some pumping out 4K which on a 1080P TV is basically best in class AA.
So much to love. It's like when you buy a new graphics card for your PC, at at around the same price of just such a graphics card. Also comparing it side by side with my wife's original XBOX I'm certainly seeing some games where they are clearly building them with the X in mind, some of the games just don't run as I would like on the Original, or probably even the S.
TH00PERMAN
TH00PERMAN
Posted on 14 December 17 at 22:51
xPut Name Herex said:
If I were to have acquired an Xbox One X, but don't have a 4K or an HDR TV, is it still beneficial to download all the extra 4K enhancements? Or will whatever improvement these games get even for traditional 1080p sets come off of the base game contents?
YES! The XB1X DOES IN FACT enhance many games EVEN ON A 1080p MONITOR! Gears of War 4 even has options/modes to let you choose whether you want to enhance the GRAPHICS (aimed for 4k monitors), or to enhance the overall game PERFORMANCE (increased draw-distance, higher FPS, etc.) on the XB1X (even with a 1080p screen, the XB1X still runs the enhanced games in native 4K, then SUPERSAMPLES the graphics to 1080p, meaning it IS TECHNICALLY playing the games in 1080p; just a smoother, faster, enhanced 1080p.)
Overwatch (XB1) ~ ZEN, LUCIO, MOIRA
Dom2096
Dom2096
Posted on 07 March 18 at 19:48
Wait, Marvel Heroes Omega? Are we sure that's right? The game's been famously shut down for months now.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 07 March 18 at 19:58
Dom2096 said:
Wait, Marvel Heroes Omega? Are we sure that's right? The game's been famously shut down for months now.
You appear to have stumbled upon a very old article. Marvel Heroes Omega has been shut down since the end of November 2017, but this article is even older (dated October 2017). Before the news of its abrupt closure hit, it was supposed to get Xbox One X enhancements (not sure if it ever got them) toast
I Gil Galad I
I Gil Galad I
Posted on 02 April 18 at 11:27
I wonder if the Ashes Cricket update also includes visualisation updates to support sandpaper... laugh
As an Australian I am ashamed.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.