Game Discussion: Minecraft Forum

controller to windows 10 Minecraft ?

AuthorMessage
BUSHEE BROW
BUSHEE BROW
Posted on 25 October 17 at 13:57
Just bought a computer with Windows 10. Being a long time XBox user, I dont care for the keyboard setup when playing Minecraft for Windows 10.

My question is, can I hook a controller to my PC and play Minecraft?
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 25 October 17 at 14:16
Yes.
Game On.
BUSHEE BROW
BUSHEE BROW
Posted on 25 October 17 at 16:08
LOL!!! Well considering the fact I did not even know you could do it in the first place I will probably need instructions.

Like special cables and such? Wired controller? Can I use standard cables which I all ready have? Even the fact, do I need to go out and buy a special controller r can I use one of my controllers?
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 25 October 17 at 17:03, Edited on 25 October 17 at 17:04 by JumboWario
Any wired Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller, first party or third party, will work. You can also use some of the newer wireless One controllers that use Bluetooth.
Game On.
BUSHEE BROW
BUSHEE BROW
Posted on 26 October 17 at 01:59
Thank you JumboWario.

Using a wired 360 controller works like a charm.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 26 October 17 at 10:35
You can connect any 360 controller using a play and charge cable, and any Xbox One controller using a micro usb cable. You can also connect 360 and One controllers using a wireless adapter.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
BUSHEE BROW
BUSHEE BROW
Posted on 26 October 17 at 20:51
Thanks HolyHalfDead.

I had a wired 360 controller laying around so I used that.
Arcturus Being
Posted on 05 July 18 at 03:59
yay more minecraft achievements for me :D
Smokingun1978
Posted on 14 July 19 at 23:14
I'm having the same problem. I have a pdp wired xbox one controller and have played the pc version that came with Windows 10 before about a month or so. I went to play it last night and nothing. No controller support and when I went to use joytokey, I couldn't get that to work either. So here I am, not able to play Minecraft after a month b/c Minecraft doesn't recognize my controller as being hooked up.
BUSHEE BROW
BUSHEE BROW
Posted on 17 July 19 at 22:12
You need a wired XBox 360 controller.
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 30 August 19 at 22:29
Smokingun1978 said:
I'm having the same problem. I have a pdp wired xbox one controller and have played the pc version that came with Windows 10 before about a month or so. I went to play it last night and nothing. No controller support and when I went to use joytokey, I couldn't get that to work either. So here I am, not able to play Minecraft after a month b/c Minecraft doesn't recognize my controller as being hooked up.
This forum is for the Xbox One platform. In the future, try Minecraft (Win 10) Forum.

Windows 10 will automatically install the drivers needed for you to use a connected Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller. It may take a few minutes for this to happen and for the controller to start working.

An Xbox One controller will work wirelessly via Bluetooth (new design only), wirelessly using the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (works with older design) or using a USB cable (type A male to micro B male).

The USB cable is included with the Xbox One Play and Charge Kit.

As for connecting wirelessly via Bluetooth, you will need:
- a PC/tablet running Windows 10
- a PC/tablet with Bluetooth support (typically a feature of laptops, notebooks, and tablets only; you can buy a USB Bluetooth adapter to add Bluetooth for a desktop PC)
- the newer designed Xbox One controller

If you have an older designed Xbox One controller, you must purchase the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 to connect it wirelessly.

For more information on this, see How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC. Note the image showing both controller designs, the top one is the older Xbox One controller design and the bottom one the newer Xbox One controller design (with Bluetooth support).

Alternatively, you can use a wired Xbox 360 controller to play on a Windows 10 PC.

Wireless Xbox 360 controllers will only work if you have the Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows (may or may not be available in your area) connected to a USB port on your PC/tablet.

Hope that helps.
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 01 September 19 at 06:24, Edited on 01 September 19 at 09:19 by HolyHalfDead
FYI you can use other wireless receivers, such as the one that comes with the LifeChat wireless headset.
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.