Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Konami Reveals Details About Metal Gear Survive

• DamnSillyDamnSilly1,366,792
  • DANIELJJ14DANIELJJ141,698,703
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 14:28
    A coop zombiecorn shooter, how generic. roll
    #FucKonami
  • SweetArkhaneSweetArkhane1,466,910
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 14:50
    #FucKonami Exactly!
  • Posted on 26 October 17 at 15:03
    #FucKonami :D amirite guys?
    do i fit in yet?
  • Posted on 26 October 17 at 15:09
    This looks like crap...

A Metal Gear title without Kojima at the helm feels like a vapid cash-grab attempt. I watched the last demo put out in April, and it looked so uninspired - basically MGSV with zombies...except MGSV had zombies, so...
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • ArcheimArcheim439,355
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 15:12
    This doesnt look like Suikoden VI. Sad panda.
    Download Lies of Astaroth on X1 (free) and use code 44wirx for free stuff (high TA)
  • Arron114Arron1141,432,136
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 15:23
    Unacceptable use of the series.
  • Posted on 26 October 17 at 15:48
    Konami cancels Castlevania, Contra and the awesome next Gen Silent Hill and we get this.....just No. Metal Gear without Kojima....again....No. Who is making the decisions over there? The AAA company we once loved has sadly become a joke.
  • gobey17gobey17991,878
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 15:48
    Archeim said:
    This doesnt look like Suikoden VI. Sad panda.
    This. cry
  • Tugger85Tugger85244,469
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 16:41
    it looks like dead rising with Metal Gear characters
  • IsThisDustinIsThisDustin163,387
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 17:06
    Can’t wait!
  • AlahertAlahert2,893,153
    Posted on 26 October 17 at 21:13
    Tugger85 said:
    it looks like dead rising with Metal Gear characters
    Right as hell!
    DARK 777
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,329,190
    Posted on 27 October 17 at 00:36
    I can understand the hate. I don't really know the franchise and I can tell by the stills that this IS NOT part of the franchise.

When they thought to go a different direction, why did they follow the chicken whose head they chopped off?
  • Posted on 27 October 17 at 18:09
    Kanchanaburi said:
    I can understand the hate. I don't really know the franchise and I can tell by the stills that this IS NOT part of the franchise.

When they thought to go a different direction, why did they follow the chicken whose head they chopped off?
    Exactly: if they wanted to make a survival horror type of game with some tower defense elements, they have the Silent Hill franchise that would have probably fit the mold a bit better than Metal Gear.

Traditionally the Metal Gear franchise has revolved around this concept of "stealth espionage action" or whatever. Exceptions are there, sure, but those exceptions fit with the directions that had been introduced beforehand already: Metal Gear Rising was a result of MGS4, not some random offshoot that made no sense.

This game, however, is literally Konami deciding to jump the shark just for the sake of jumping the shark. The entire premise of "Mother Base in the 70's get's sucked through an interdimensional portal were zombies live!" just sounds...dumb. Like, really really dumb. And not to say that some games do not go over the top, but come on...really?!?!
  • Posted on 28 October 17 at 14:23
    It doesn't really matter what they do the company is kind of in a no-win situation. There is a whole lot of hate from the community and there's not much they can do to change that. I hope the game ends up well I am a fan of the series but it doesn't really matter. This game could be gold and there would still be hate just because of who made it.
    I like Metal Gear Solid, I like zombie games, and hopefully I'll like this too.
    So, it begins...
  • IsThisDustinIsThisDustin163,387
    Posted on 29 October 17 at 04:43
    a Fi1thy Casual said:
    Kanchanaburi said:

Exactly: if they wanted to make a survival horror type of game with some tower defense elements, they have the Silent Hill franchise that would have probably fit the mold a bit better than Metal Gear.

Traditionally the Metal Gear franchise has revolved around this concept of "stealth espionage action" or whatever. Exceptions are there, sure, but those exceptions fit with the directions that had been introduced beforehand already: Metal Gear Rising was a result of MGS4, not some random offshoot that made no sense.

This game, however, is literally Konami deciding to jump the shark just for the sake of jumping the shark. The entire premise of "Mother Base in the 70's get's sucked through an interdimensional portal were zombies live!" just sounds...dumb. Like, really really dumb. And not to say that some games do not go over the top, but come on...really?!?!
    It’s called a “spin off”. Franchises do it all the time. Metal Gear has a Ninja game and a card battling game. Nothing crazy about a zombie survival game.
  • Posted on 30 October 17 at 13:38
    Outsider Fenix said:
    It’s called a “spin off”. Franchises do it all the time. Metal Gear has a Ninja game and a card battling game. Nothing crazy about a zombie survival game.
    "Spin offs" typically connect somehow to the source material in some way.

MGR made sense because cyborg ninjas had been established in the series since Metal Gear Solid.

Metal Gear Acid, although a terrible game IMO (another one that Kojima was not involved in, so...yeah...just like Snake's Revenge...see a pattern?) still made sense as it existed within this universe. And let's be honest: it was not a spin off - it just moved from a stealth action game to a tactical RPG with cards. It was still Solid Snake doing covert espionage stuff, just in a different format.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads