Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deadfall Adventures, Mutant Storm Reloaded and More Now Backwards Compatible

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 26 October 17 at 16:11
More titles join the Backward Compatibility program

Please click here to read the story: Deadfall Adventures, Mutant Storm Reloaded and More Now Backwards Compatible
matdan
matdan
Posted on 26 October 17 at 16:13
Meh and bleh, what a mediocre pile of nothing.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
Bridge188
Bridge188
Posted on 26 October 17 at 16:14
Why bother laugh
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 26 October 17 at 16:26
With the exception of the Halo collection, Call of Duty Ghosts, and Grand Theft Auto IV, I haven't had the luck of very many BCP titles hitting my XBox One. I'm really starting to question voting system over on XBox.com, as the titles getting BCP support is getting extremely questionable lately. Licensing issues aside, you'd think some of the 007 games or something else from the Tom Clancy series other than Rainbow Six Vegas would've made it. I'm still waiting for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection to come forward.

It feels like a LOT of obscure titles are getting pushed, and not so many popular and best-selling titles, does anyone else feel the same?
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 26 October 17 at 16:42
I would have loved ANY of these to be GWG before Deadfall. Oh well.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 26 October 17 at 16:43
Crater Bob said:
With the exception of the Halo collection, Call of Duty Ghosts, and Grand Theft Auto IV, I haven't had the luck of very many BCP titles hitting my XBox One. I'm really starting to question voting system over on XBox.com, as the titles getting BCP support is getting extremely questionable lately. Licensing issues aside, you'd think some of the 007 games or something else from the Tom Clancy series other than Rainbow Six Vegas would've made it. I'm still waiting for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection to come forward.

It feels like a LOT of obscure titles are getting pushed, and not so many popular and best-selling titles, does anyone else feel the same?
If titles get added to BC or not is totally dependent on the publishers, so there's not much Microsoft can do about it (outside of their own first-party games, of course), and that voting system means nothing other than letting publishers know players are interested.

It seems that AAA developers probably negotiate with MS for their games to go public with BC at opportune times; that's why there are huge gaps. The Assassin's Creed series was cleaned up recently to hype up Origins, the most popular CoD games are being strategically spread out to maintain interest, Red Dead Redemption got added around the time Red Dead Redemption 2 was being teased, etc.
Crater Bob
Crater Bob
Posted on 26 October 17 at 16:56
KBop a doo said:
Crater Bob said:

If titles get added to BC or not is totally dependent on the publishers, so there's not much Microsoft can do about it (outside of their own first-party games, of course), and that voting system means nothing other than letting publishers know players are interested.

It seems that AAA developers probably negotiate with MS for their games to go public with BC at opportune times; that's why there are huge gaps. The Assassin's Creed series was cleaned up recently to hype up Origins, the most popular CoD games are being strategically spread out to maintain interest, Red Dead Redemption got added around the time Red Dead Redemption 2 was being teased, etc.
Obviously you missed where I said, "Licensing issues aside".
Gatekeeper 3-6 off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to angels two or you will be fired upon!
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 26 October 17 at 17:05
Crater Bob said:
KBop a doo said:
Crater Bob said:

Obviously you missed where the entire issue is 'licensing'. There is nothing else.
Game On.
RadiantViper
RadiantViper
Posted on 26 October 17 at 17:09
Crater Bob said:
KBop a doo said:
Crater Bob said:

Well yeah because that's the main thing with getting games on BC. You can't put aside the biggest thing.
AngloSaxton
AngloSaxton
Posted on 26 October 17 at 17:09
I'm still mad at my old roommate from 2006 for buying Mutant Storm on my XBLA account back in the day. Really bad game, and a super tough completion I've never gone back to.
Up the Villa!
SKOOT2006
SKOOT2006
Posted on 26 October 17 at 17:10
The Noto said:
You know not what you say! 0 day is beyond awful
You don't know what you don't know
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 26 October 17 at 17:23
Crater Bob said:
KBop a doo said:
Crater Bob said:

Erm... did you accidentally respond to the wrong person or misread what I wrote? I didn't mention licensing. I gave you the answer that AAA developers are purposely spreading out the addition of their games to the back-compat program to make it convenient to market their other games. And also that the voting system means nothing. It's just to gauge interest.
Zarda1
Zarda1
Posted on 26 October 17 at 17:52
If all games are going to go bc you have to do to the good the bad and the ugly. The more of the least popular games that you get out of the way the better the ones to come right?
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 26 October 17 at 18:02
SKOOT2006 said:
The Noto said:
None of these are really my thing, but at least 0 Day can be completed which means I'm more likely to check it out.
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 26 October 17 at 18:10, Edited on 26 October 17 at 18:11 by Dark Death 90
Crater Bob said:
KBop a doo said:
Crater Bob said:

Obviously you missed the fact that "licensing issues aside" means nothing, because licensing issues is the one huge barrier. You basically said "Other than the one big issue, I don't see the issue." Brilliant. Also, nothing Kbop mentioned in her entire post had to do with licensing.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
Hampshire Vegan
Posted on 26 October 17 at 18:51
MSR is incredible, but hard as hell.
Remember, the more people who join TrueAchievements the higher your score will be - provided you're better than them ;-) So spread the word!
Jonker
Jonker
Posted on 26 October 17 at 18:51
SKOOT2006 said:
The Noto said:
At least it's not another broken game from Nordic...
TriG3rHaWkz x1x
Posted on 26 October 17 at 19:29
i am not complaining about these! i haven't got any but i am just glad to see MS adding more to the list of back cat games :) some people may love these games for all i know and fair enough :)
TheObserverOne
Posted on 26 October 17 at 20:24
I'm happy Mutant Storm, it's a pretty good twin stick shooter.
Sera Di Siah
Sera Di Siah
Posted on 26 October 17 at 20:48
Still waiting for Saints 1 and Saints 2 to hit BC... oh and FC4 if that's possible. I mean there's more games that have both the 360 and X1 version on here now. :)
'Eyes up, Guardian'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.