Game Discussion: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Forum

Mein Leben achievement

AuthorMessage
NBA Kirkland
NBA Kirkland
Posted on 27 October 17 at 23:35
I heard this was a no death run on the hardest difficulty, full game, with no saving (i.e. play in one "sitting").

Can anyone confirm?

No saving means, no cheesing it with cloud saves. Sounds brutal. What if the game crashes or your power goes out, etc.?

Wolfenstein II: The New ColossusMein lebenThe Mein leben achievement in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus worth 3385 pointsBeat the game on "Mein leben" difficulty
@NBAKirkland
MiserlyPluto459
Posted on 27 October 17 at 23:47
Yeah. Anyone know?
100% Completed Games: 190 Proudest 100%: Dead Island 1250/1250
spammerstriker
Posted on 28 October 17 at 00:02
Yes its basically "i am death incarnate!" difficulty and if you die, thats it, and zero saves. Just have to wait if someone finds a glitch or something, if not then im fine sitting at 97% completion cause not gonna bother wasting hours replying the same missions and dying over and over or having the game dashboard itself.
NBA Kirkland
NBA Kirkland
Posted on 28 October 17 at 00:03
Any chance you only have to do the last level like the previous game?
@NBAKirkland
Screen Junkies
Posted on 28 October 17 at 01:09
NBA Kirkland said:
Any chance you only have to do the last level like the previous game?
there's no chapter select.
Ultamisia
Ultamisia
Posted on 28 October 17 at 06:37
spammerstriker said:
Yes its basically "i am death incarnate!" difficulty and if you die, thats it, and zero saves. Just have to wait if someone finds a glitch or something, if not then im fine sitting at 97% completion cause not gonna bother wasting hours replying the same missions and dying over and over or having the game dashboard itself.
Thanks for confirming! guess i won't bother getting all the cheevos for this one...
CoreScan
CoreScan
Posted on 28 October 17 at 09:02
Yes, that's correct. One session, one life, no saves, no checkpoints, on highest difficulty.

Don't know what the devs were thinking while implementing this achievement, probably "we want an award for hardest achievement of the year!". I can literally hear them chuckle.

There's no doubt to me that this achievement gets patched or modified sooner or later, unless Machine Games wants its game to be uncompletable.
R3f1CuL
R3f1CuL
Posted on 28 October 17 at 11:31
this is absurd i could probably do 99% of the game but that last boss battle is absolutely fucking ridiculous ... i died on it more times than the rest of the game combined on do or die ... OBNOXIOUS BEYOND BELIEF!
that guy
Jasper xb
Jasper xb
Posted on 28 October 17 at 11:53
How long does the campaign take casually, that's just absurd.
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:18
When the game crashed on me on a cutscene
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
no less than 5 mins in the game, i definitely realized this achievement will not be obtained nor am i going to waste my time attempting it.

This is the Generation of Crash Consoles, don't know what was going through their minds when they thought of this achievement.
Shred Asics 13
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:49
Crashing risk alone makes this absurd. I mean, people eventually have done Dark Souls without taking damage once and minimial gear but they could save if needed and the run was about an hour.If you could speed this in under 2 hours then fair game but it doesnt sound like it.
Proscaline
Proscaline
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:32
Don't let your controller disconnect to take a break, either. The reconnect controller message likes to crash the game as well clap
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:44
The campaign is probably around 7-10 hours to beat (at least that's what it's been for every Wolfenstein game I've ever played), but nowadays with all the research that's out there it's blatantly obvious the health risks of sitting in front of a screen having to play for 7-10 hours straight, and having to repeatedly do so whenever you die or your console crashes.

Like how are people who are in school, working full time, people who have families, etc. expected to take 10 hours out of their life to do this? I mean granted I could do that now on weekends and forego studying for a day, but it's not worth it.

I normally support developers that put in achievements to separate the elite at their game from the rest, but I feel this is just unfair, unrealistic and unhealthy to a large majority of the target audience.
spammerstriker
Posted on 28 October 17 at 18:01
Saw my friend play today on "I am death incarnate" difficulty, boy the basic enemies took like 20 bullets to kill and he was almost dying instantly as soon as one enemy opened fire. Not sure how on earth you are supposed to do that in one playthrough without saving and without dying a single time. He died at the wheelchair part like 30 times lol.
Living Legends
Posted on 28 October 17 at 18:09
It will definitely be a challenge not gained by many. I hope most users do not let this game go unplayed because of one achievement. the last two installments have been really awesome and I have high hopes this will continue on a positive direction. Doom was also well made and last gens Rage. Bethesda has published better games than most other companies.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 28 October 17 at 18:13
Living Legends said:
It will definitely be a challenge not gained by many. I hope most users do not let this game go unplayed because of one achievement. the last two installments have been really awesome and I have high hopes this will continue on a positive direction. Doom was also well made and last gens Rage. Bethesda has published better games than most other companies.
Agreed, purchased the collectors edition and while I have to wait till Christmas to start it, I'm not going to regret it. The New Order and The Old Blood were fantastic, and Rage is so underrated I'd highly suggest picking it up if you haven't.
NO1KEV
NO1KEV
Posted on 28 October 17 at 20:59
Possibly the worst ach they could of put in the game. I bet loads of people will avoid it because of it. The 200 collectibles is another no no for me.
Jasper xb
Jasper xb
Posted on 29 October 17 at 02:57
NO1KEV said:
Possibly the worst ach they could of put in the game. I bet loads of people will avoid it because of it. The 200 collectibles is another no no for me.
Yea, based on all of this I'll be playing the PC version.
Ozbrithian
Ozbrithian
Posted on 29 October 17 at 05:11
Part of me wonders if game developers are too busy making games to actually play games from time to time. Anyone who has spent time on Xbox has had the console just suddenly tell you "Bye yourname." and randomly kick you out of the game. Has had the machine just crash. Hell, has just had the power go out. One sitting no save playthroughs of games over 4 hours is just the dev being a jerk. 'Delete your save when you die' hardcore mode would be more reasonable.

Not that I would have the skills to do it anyways. Can't be as hard as switching the jackets and getting the guns to fit in the hands of the Collector's Edition figure though.
It's wrong to break into someone's house. How would you feel if someone's house broke into you?
CoreScan
CoreScan
Posted on 29 October 17 at 09:42
Ozbrithian said:
Not that I would have the skills to do it anyways.
No player will unlock this achievement, not in its current state - it's more than obvious that it was designed to be unobtainable. If you take all things into consideration; the damage dealt/taken ratio, the insane number of enemies and heavies, ridiculously tough mech enemies, enemies surprising or rushing the player, the Manhattan Penthouse section, the useless granade indicator, and not to mention the amount of time it would take to beat a Mein Leben run, as you would need to advance extremely carefully and slowly, make it clear this difficulty simply cannot be completed.

I have no idea what the devs are up to, but it's apparent to me that this achievement was not meant to be taken seriously. If - and I'm emphasizing if - Machine Games wants players to be able to unlock this achievement, they'll either change its requirements or surprise us in any other way. I'm starting to wonder whether the Vault Unlock countdown in the main menu has something to do with it.

Either way, if they don't alter its requirements or remove it entirely, it would be more than obvious they just wanted to "invent" the hardest shooter achievement of all-time, without giving a rat's ass about the players - and I don't think they're that stupid.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.