Game Discussion: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Forum

Mein Leben achievement

AuthorMessage
jackanape
jackanape
Posted on 17 August 18 at 10:03
Just did this yesterday too. Been trying for a couple of weeks, but because of work I've literally had to pause the game and leave it on for a couple of days at a time for my longer runs. So not really recommended. I got the the last level twice and died, first time was particularly annoying as I went to drop down a ladder and somehow glitched through the railing and out of the scenery. Second time I was just not as careful as I could be and walked right into a heavy on the section just before you get back to to Anya.

Last night was pretty good though, couple of hairy moments but nothing I didn't manage, and the last boss went perfectly.

Personally I was just super cautious the whole way through and cleared enemies as carefully as possible. Used the bin glitch in the Penthouse, the second Section F wall skip, did the quick jump onto the Roswell train and killed everything on the elevator and after (found the stealth to be hit and miss), in the Courthouse I went and grabbed the heavy gun and camped under the wooden bench as while it was slower this way is super safe and I never died here, then did the Bunker skip, the fast route through the New Orleans Wall, then the wall jump to avoid the big fight with the Panzerhund. I also sniped everyone in the Panzerhund section to be super safe. Venus was pretty easy, stealthed the first section. Did the battle walker glitch to climb up the first outdoor section, then a partial conveyor belt skip that let me kill the first three guys and the other two were easy to kill after I dropped down, then walked to the exit in the last room and blasted the ball and quickly fell in the hole. Last level was just being super careful to take everyone out. On the last boss I shotgunned the heavies as they dropped, then ran into the tunnels and camped by the pipes near one of the doors. Face the door and kill the four/five guys that rush in to start. Then look down the corridor behind you and the rest will funnel in. Once they stop coming just carefully use the laser to kill the mechs. Job done.

Super satisfying I have to say, so well done to everyone else that got this done. I would say the most annoying bit is actually the wheelchair section at the start, as the enemies have some weird RNG there and kill you quickly.
DURDENS WRATH
DURDENS WRATH
Posted on 26 August 18 at 05:31
Wow. I was even thinking about buying this game. Glad I checked the achievements first. Ain't got time for this bullshit.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 26 August 18 at 08:21
DURDENS WRATH said:
Wow. I was even thinking about buying this game. Glad I checked the achievements first. Ain't got time for this bullshit.
You're only sitting at a 63.8% completion rate. The rest of the game is absolutely worth playing. This is just a hyper challenge.
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
FNSUITE GHOST
FNSUITE GHOST
Posted on 26 August 18 at 12:38
Sashamorning said:
DURDENS WRATH said:
You're only sitting at a 63.8% completion rate. The rest of the game is absolutely worth playing. This is just a hyper challenge.
There's also like a million new glitches / out of bound tricks that have been discovered by now too so if you do your homework / research I think it's probably twice as easy to unlock it now than it was in the early days (assuming you're comfortable with tricks and glitches). Wish I had known about that conveyor belt trick! Definitely died there 2 or 3 runs for sure (which sucks because it's so close to the end of the game!!) lol

So what I'm trying to get at is echoing Sasha that it's absolutely worth playing game (amazing IMO) and I'm sure the ratio on that one will continue to drop as more people get past that initial "fear factor" of it.
DURDENS WRATH
DURDENS WRATH
Posted on 27 August 18 at 14:32, Edited on 27 August 18 at 14:34 by DURDENS WRATH
Sashamorning said:
DURDENS WRATH said:
70.5, but I exclude non owned DLC.

I don't have the patience for permadeath modes. I have a giant backlog I'd rather go through. Not to mention, not supporting games that pull this crap.

Doom had it just right.
Sashamorning
Sashamorning
Posted on 27 August 18 at 19:57
It's all good, I get it. I really do. I'm just suggesting to not overlook what is a damn good game on the non-permadeath settings simply because of that one mode.

Wolfenstein TNO is one of my all time favorite shooters. This one lives up to that. I see it as supporting developers who make quality games with solid stories, decent character development and other innovative story elements. (The cat comes to mind, amirite?)

So yeah, I'd rather support developers that make otherwise solid, amazing games than penalize those same devs for designing a ridiculous supercore permadeath mode.

Especially when you consider that this thread is full of people who succeeded and feel like they pulled off an actual accomplishment. (For the record, I'm jealous. toast)
Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
Aeon Commando
Aeon Commando
Posted on 25 January 19 at 11:56
I unlocked this earlier tonight! After playing through all the other base achievements, this took about a solid week of practice and 2 weeks of daily attempts.

Fun things i learned:

*The commander who peeks through the door in the bunker if you don't crouch.
*The guys in the rail scooters who will potshot you on top of the rocket train.
*The AI is no match for a seasoned player (of this game).
*I am my own worst enemy; my nerves caused several avoidable failures. Trusting myself to execute the tense moments or critical shots given numerous reinforcement exercises kept me cool and clear.

This is a test of memory and patience. It has very little to do with aiming acuity. I consider myself on the lower end of the skill spectrum. Be patient and learn from every failure. Write notes if you can't remember. You should always know your next move!

(My successful run was ~4.5 hours, no skips, and 1 tripped alarm.)
Crusader4Reason
Posted on 28 January 19 at 03:31
Aeon Commando said:
I unlocked this earlier tonight! After playing through all the other base achievements, this took about a solid week of practice and 2 weeks of daily attempts.

Fun things i learned:

*The commander who peeks through the door in the bunker if you don't crouch.
*The guys in the rail scooters who will potshot you on top of the rocket train.
*The AI is no match for a seasoned player (of this game).
*I am my own worst enemy; my nerves caused several avoidable failures. Trusting myself to execute the tense moments or critical shots given numerous reinforcement exercises kept me cool and clear.

This is a test of memory and patience. It has very little to do with aiming acuity. I consider myself on the lower end of the skill spectrum. Be patient and learn from every failure. Write notes if you can't remember. You should always know your next move!

(My successful run was ~4.5 hours, no skips, and 1 tripped alarm.)
Congratulations, Aeon Commando! Only triggering one alarm sounds amazingly impressive given how much trouble I've had with employing stealth in this game.

I've been starting on the Mein Leben achievements in the DLC, and yesterday I managed to get the one for Gunslinger Joe and Silent Death after a few days of practice, and am going to give the base game Mein Leben a shot after Captain Wilkins. I struggled quite a bit with GJ especially since he had no silenced weapon, but I did find a way to sneak through a few situations and avoid some fights. I agree with your comment about nerves causing some failures--remaining calm was key to my successful run with GJ. Knowing the layout of enemies and even the health packs was critical for me with GJ to stay overcharged as much as possible, so I know I've got a lot of learning to do with BJ in the base game.
LifeExpectancy
LifeExpectancy
Posted on 02 September 19 at 08:37
Got this done after 3 runs ruined via glitches in 2nd half and around 14 actual runs. I used the strategy the 3rd solution poster used for the final battle, clearing the six heavies with dual shotguns then hiding in the corner of the lower room of the turret tower to the right just as you enter the fight. Makes it very smooth, even if it takes longer than the grenade + run for your life strat. Beat final battle 2nd time I got to it (first time I tried to do the grenade and run thing and died).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.