Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Gifting Available To Insiders

AuthorMessage
DamnSilly
DamnSilly
Posted on 28 October 17 at 13:32
What will you gift?

Please click here to read the story: Xbox Game Gifting Available To Insiders
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 28 October 17 at 13:37
You can always try it out on me guys!
xCEL7IC ZOMBIEx
Posted on 28 October 17 at 13:38
Pity u cant gift games that u own,I have a pile of games I wish id never bought laugh
JeDiMlnDTrlcks
Posted on 28 October 17 at 13:43
They have also introduced the hiding of 0 gamerscore games, betas, apps, etc. You can't permanently delete them from your history like on the xbox 360, but you can hide them from everything public and social, so it's basically the same thing.
JuIIIian
JuIIIian
Posted on 28 October 17 at 13:47
I can now HIDE games that I have 0%! (Alpha tier of insider program)
JuIIIian
JeDiMlnDTrlcks
Posted on 28 October 17 at 13:48
"We’ve heard your feedback! Games with no unlocked achievements can now be hidden from the personal and public view of your profile."
Lad
Lad
Posted on 28 October 17 at 13:56
Hope we get an option to remove achievements from trial games which i have no intention of buying
BigNev44
BigNev44
Posted on 28 October 17 at 14:09
Got the update around 4am this morning while playing The Evil Within, good thing I had just finished saving my game.

Damn good update though.
reforc3
reforc3
Posted on 28 October 17 at 14:12
But the gift is at full price and not with the discount as you can see in slide 1 and 2

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 28 October 17 at 14:20
reforc3 said:
But the gift is at full price and not with the discount as you can see in slide 1 and 2
The cynic in me thinks that it's done on purpose to take advantage of less than observant people.

Probably just a matter of the screenshots being done at different times though. One during a sale week for Halo and the other on a different week, marketing material tends to get established well before things are actually released.
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
CODYWWE24
CODYWWE24
Posted on 28 October 17 at 14:36
I dont know why everyone freaks out about 0% games. They dont bother me any.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 28 October 17 at 14:37, Edited on 28 October 17 at 14:44 by KBop a doo
reforc3 said:
It is the Game Pass discount, though. It would actually make sense for discounts like that to not transfer, otherwise people could profit off selling games for a slight markup that's still cheaper than the regular price to people without the appropriate membership (Xbox Live Gold, Game Pass discount, EA Access discount).

Has anyone tested it on just a regular sale game that does not require any memberships to receive the sale price?
K4rn4ge
K4rn4ge
Posted on 28 October 17 at 14:51
I should gift someone Bokosuka Wars II - that would be a punishment lol
Follow & watch http://www.twitch.tv/karnage where I stream a wide variety of games and do loads of game giveaways!
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:17
Feature works perfectly so i doubt itll be in preview for long.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
darkling1542
darkling1542
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:30
Hey i actually want to see how bad that bokosuka wars 2 really is : ) Guess there is still no-one that suffered through the entire game yet.

Was looking forward to this gifting thing for a while, makes it easier for birthdays.
W Andersson
W Andersson
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:39
JeDiMlnDTrlcks said:
They have also introduced the hiding of 0 gamerscore games, betas, apps, etc. You can't permanently delete them from your history like on the xbox 360, but you can hide them from everything public and social, so it's basically the same thing.
How can this be less important than gifting games as news value on a site dedicated to achievements? This should have been the biggest headline on this site!
Quickdontdie
Quickdontdie
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:31
K4rn4ge said:
I should gift someone Bokosuka Wars II - that would be a punishment lol
Please do laugh
Zloehrl55
Zloehrl55
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:34
reforc3 said:
It is because one price is with xbox game pass and one is without it, so in the picture it shows the price if you have game pass and in the next it shows the price without it
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:49
Lad said:
Hope we get an option to remove achievements from trial games which i have no intention of buying
I doubt this will ever happen I'm sorry to say. These free play days are the equivalent of renting a game from Blockbuster back in the day. You have access to the full game until it's time to take it back. It's not like it's a special version of the game you're playing, it's the full game.
TheIcemanCometh
Posted on 28 October 17 at 19:25
Until this rolls out to everyone, can an Insider gift a game to someone that's NOT an Insider?
TheIcemanCometh - Mass Effect fan. Dad. Geek. 50+ gamer.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.