Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Alpha Ring Xbox Insiders Can Now Remove 0 Gamerscore Games from Their Profiles

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:41
A much requested feature finally arrives

Please click here to read the story: Alpha Ring Xbox Insiders Can Now Remove 0 Gamerscore Games from Their Profiles

Credit goes to Dresden N7 for this story
dipsy de 1e
dipsy de 1e
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:42
Finally
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:44
Been waiting on this for quite some time
PharaohsForce
PharaohsForce
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:47
Now this is the update that I've been waiting 3 years for... Ahaha, I'm tired of seeing two Banjo-Kazooie lists, POE beta list, and all of the 0G games that I deleted on the 360 but just showed up on my One randomly.

toast
"4. Never look encouragingly at the brass, except with a short glance to give an important cue." - Richard Strauss
rocking23nf
rocking23nf
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:48
i dont seem to have this problem, what triggers this to happen? or maybe i have the problem and havent noticed it.
Mr BlackMagik
Mr BlackMagik
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:55
Glad we could bring this feature back - it's been too long!
@MrBlackMagik
Lad
Lad
Posted on 28 October 17 at 15:59
Cool, now let us remove achievements from trial games
FEAR EPIDEMIC
FEAR EPIDEMIC
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:01
Since it says hide and not remove, I am assuming that there is a way people can still see it? Or maybe you still can? Are your time played stats still available to see from others or does it still show that you played it when you go to see friends that have said game?
Microtransactions are EVIL!
ElliotStone
ElliotStone
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:12
I want a feature where you can rempve games aswell as score

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:19
btw: hiding is not removing
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:20, Edited on 28 October 17 at 16:20 by lightsup55
Alpha Ring Xbox Insiders Can Now Remove 0 Gamerscore Games from Their Profiles
It should say Hide.

Starting today, Xbox Insiders in the Alpha ring can be the first to remove those pesky games that sit on their Gamertags as "started" but not much else.
This should also say hide.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:22
Yeah its not removing them its only hiding since i know for some people even hiding them isnt enough so they'd want this news to be accurate.
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
Hydrolex
Hydrolex
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:36, Edited on 28 October 17 at 16:38 by Hydrolex
Anyone know if i can hide/remove this 0/0 G "placeholder?" which was added to my Profile when playing the Xbox 360 Disc-Version of Batman - The Telltale Series?

Would be amazing, since its my only 0G thing and it bothers me.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:36
I didn't even know this wasn't a thing on Xbox One, granted I think the only game I started but didn't get any achievements in is Resident Evil 4 (curse that awkward camera). But I mean couldn't you do this on the 360 from its launch day?
ALollz
ALollz
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:40, Edited on 28 October 17 at 16:41 by ALollz
Can’t remember the last time I viewed achievements on my profile. This site is just way better
The SCHWARTZ 00
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:42
iTz Canada Ehh said:
I didn't even know this wasn't a thing on Xbox One, granted I think the only game I started but didn't get any achievements in is Resident Evil 4 (curse that awkward camera). But I mean couldn't you do this on the 360 from its launch day?
Yes you could, but even better, you could completely delete the game from your achievement history. I guess being able to hide the 0g game on the One is better than nothing, but I'd really just like to delete it. Oh well. As long as I can't see it, the end result is all that matters.
Naystar32
Naystar32
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:43
Why hide ??? What the problem with deleting something who doesnt really exist ?
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:46
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
Yes you could, but even better, you could completely delete the game from your achievement history. I guess being able to hide the 0g game on the One is better than nothing, but I'd really just like to delete it. Oh well. As long as I can't see it, the end result is all that matters.
Right this is what I thought so I mean I'm kind of surprised they didn't include this at launch with the One. Probably has something to do with how they made everything an app just like how they broke achievements after not having an issue with them for 8 years on the 360.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:51
ALollz said:
Can’t remember the last time I viewed achievements on my profile. This site is just way better
I fully agree and that's why I don't understand the "But we still can't remove 0G games" comments every time an article gets posted about a new feature.
KJer25
KJer25
Posted on 28 October 17 at 16:52
Wow...I guess I just don't care enough to actually use this feature. If you have 0 Gamerscore in a game, is what it is to me. It's just a random score. Nothing more, nothing less. I do love popping achievements, but certainly not stressing if my card shows 0 G's in a game I haven't really started yet.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.