Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Alpha Ring Xbox Insiders Can Now Remove 0 Gamerscore Games from Their Profiles

AuthorMessage
mosin360
mosin360
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:02
I hope the same people who were QQ about the network transfer aren't on here cheering this very niche feature. We should all be happy that MS is making new features for everyone.
Videos I made of Xbox games on Windows 8.1 - https://www.youtube.com/user/mosindesire
FEAR EPIDEMIC
FEAR EPIDEMIC
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:04
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
I didn't even know this wasn't a thing on Xbox One, granted I think the only game I started but didn't get any achievements in is Resident Evil 4 (curse that awkward camera). But I mean couldn't you do this on the 360 from its launch day?
Yes you could, but even better, you could completely delete the game from your achievement history. I guess being able to hide the 0g game on the One is better than nothing, but I'd really just like to delete it. Oh well. As long as I can't see it, the end result is all that matters.
No you could not. At launch, games could not be removed. In fact, they even had it to where trials of arcade games showed up on your tag. It wasn't until later they added in this feature. Rumor has it you even could delete games with gamerscore for a period but that was a flaw/glitch. They quickly removed that.

What I don't get is why they didn't implement this feature in at launch along with many other features like voice messages for example. They were already on the xbox 360 but took them away on xbox one. Then later announce new features that we already had last gen and act like it is ok. The idea was already there, why not just keep it there?
Microtransactions are EVIL!
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:04, Edited on 28 October 17 at 17:05 by iTz Canada Ehh
mosin360 said:
I hope the same people who were QQ about the network transfer aren't on here cheering this very niche feature. We should all be happy that MS is making new features for everyone.
I mean I'm as grateful for updates as the next guy, but in this case they half implemented a feature that already existed on their previous gen console.
UnlikeKaiju
UnlikeKaiju
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:11
Been waiting on this feature for way too long, finally some good news! clap There's a few games I've accidentally launched that I didn't even realise were installed on my HDD which I never intended on playing in the first place. Can't wait to have them hidden away and forgotten about. Although I wish it didn't bother me in the first place lol.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:13
The SCHWARTZ 00 said:
iTz Canada Ehh said:
I didn't even know this wasn't a thing on Xbox One, granted I think the only game I started but didn't get any achievements in is Resident Evil 4 (curse that awkward camera). But I mean couldn't you do this on the 360 from its launch day?
Yes you could, but even better, you could completely delete the game from your achievement history. I guess being able to hide the 0g game on the One is better than nothing, but I'd really just like to delete it. Oh well. As long as I can't see it, the end result is all that matters.
I don't think it actually deleted it on 360. All the 360 0G games I deleted on 360 appear on the One.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:14
took them long enough, good thats it there now
Dobermann X
Dobermann X
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:18
Finnally! They should simply separate "Games Played" and "Achievements List" if they want to keep a track of the games we've played.
SiegfriedX
SiegfriedX
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:20
Wow, they needed someone from TA to finally do this. roll It's time Microsoft accepts defeat and just makes TA the official source of achievement info on everybody's profile over X-Box Live. laugh
ELBaRTii
ELBaRTii
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:20
Ha, now I can finally hide that aerobics game my girlfriend accidentally started on my profile (I'm glad it still says 0/1000).
SiegfriedX
SiegfriedX
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:30
ELBaRTii said:
Ha, now I can finally hide that aerobics game my girlfriend accidentally started on my profile (I'm glad it still says 0/1000).
X-Box Fitness? That's the exactly one I wanna hide and for almost the same reason. Girlfriend was playing and I accidentally passed in front of the kinect...

X-Box: BOOM! The game is now on your tag loser! Deal with it! laugh
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:31
I wouldn't have even known where to look to find those 0G games laugh
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
WebMan
WebMan
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:37
SiegfriedX said:
ELBaRTii said:
X-Box Fitness? That's the exactly one I wanna hide and for almost the same reason. Girlfriend was playing and I accidentally passed in front of the kinect...

This made me laugh. Victimized by the Kinect, may it Rest In Peace.
Broa
Broa
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:39
Still wish Microsoft would do something about the 10000 unobtainable achievements...
ELBaRTii
ELBaRTii
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:41
SiegfriedX said:
ELBaRTii said:

No, it was Your Shape: Fitness Evolved.
Funny story about the Kinect though!
I had the 360 log in with my profile and she started playing the game when I came home from work - luckily she didn't unlock an achievement yet laugh
ShinUkyo
ShinUkyo
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:42
My thought upon reading this tagline was, "Thank God! Now we won't see people complaining in every single dashboard update thread about how we can't remove 0gs games from our list." Not to mention it was a feature on 360 and sorely needed on here.

However we still have folks complaining above that, "It's just hiding, not deleting. On 360 we could actually delete them." That is NOT TRUE. On the 360, aside from the briefly glitched moment it had, "deleting" your 0gs games was actually just hiding them as well. It's why, after the Xbox One launch, a lot of people had their previously-deleted 0gs games from the 360 appear again on their list. Because the 360 feature never deleted them either. It just hid them.

So it seems we have the exact same functionality back, and we should be thankful. Especially when, of all folks, it took a member of our TA family to make it happen. Even though this isn't a feature I need personally, there's no end to my gratitude for him.
Mark Farley
Mark Farley
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:46
Plenty of trials, beta’s and demos show up as 0 too so I’ll be glad to “hide” them.
MY TA interview - http://goo.gl/TVEEH
jimbobvaquero
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:48
It'll be nice to hide those 0/0 Betas or Demos. Or the 0/0 Launcher for the Modern Warfare Trilogy from the 360 that shows up on your achievement list.
Vaporeonn97
Vaporeonn97
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:50
YEEEEEES headspin
BK BuDHa
BK BuDHa
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:55
I was just thinking about this, thank you! I have atleast 10-15 0 point games i would love to delete!
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 28 October 17 at 17:59
As far as I can tell, hiding them equates to deleting them. There's no way to show hidden games, and I can't see them on my account with my alt. It looks like they just chose to call it hiding instead of deleting on this generation
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.