Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Alpha Ring Xbox Insiders Can Now Remove 0 Gamerscore Games from Their Profiles

AuthorMessage
Voraga
Voraga
Posted on 30 October 17 at 00:45
I see this as a step in the right direction which is good but I only want the option to remove an entire game from my card. Make it limited like 1 per month or something. Just so I can remove games that I can no longer complete (in my case only 1).
planting42
planting42
Posted on 30 October 17 at 00:45, Edited on 30 October 17 at 00:47 by planting42
Since it seems to get buried and asked every 5th post.

X360 games were also hidden! Although you couldn't see it and believed it removed, the belief was incorrect.

Anyone that did this previously found that when you look at your profile on the X1, those 'removed' 360 titles had returned.

Voraga said:
I see this as a step in the right direction which is good but I only want the option to remove an entire game from my card. Make it limited like 1 per month or something. Just so I can remove games that I can no longer complete (in my case only 1).
Given how this would skew achievements and can be abused in competitions, I'll always fight that request.
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/GTASC-2017
MrPierceface
MrPierceface
Posted on 30 October 17 at 01:23
Awesome, been wanting this.
Cullercoats
Cullercoats
Posted on 30 October 17 at 01:33, Edited on 30 October 17 at 01:33 by Cullercoats
I'm so happy about this lol. I've been hoping for a while I wouldn't have to backlog some of the games that were put on my list by mistake.
Lockie
Lockie
Posted on 30 October 17 at 01:53
Makes no difference to me. I don't think I've ever seen the achievements screen on my Xbox lol. I just use TA to keep track.
Posting from sunny Australia.
Yutani
Yutani
Posted on 30 October 17 at 01:57
Such great news -- not sure why it took so long, but regardless...heck ya!!!!!
Scrapcan
Scrapcan
Posted on 30 October 17 at 03:20
Awesome!
Aricardo 0000
Posted on 30 October 17 at 03:42, Edited on 30 October 17 at 03:47 by Aricardo 0000
SpeleoFool said:
coinfrenzy said:
Aricardo 0000 said:
rocking23nf said:
i dont seem to have this problem, what triggers this to happen? or maybe i have the problem and havent noticed it.
ANY. And i mean ANY. Game you have installed or downloaded (bought via xbox dashboard) automatically shows up as 0g on your games list.
Including any other game downloaded to your main console by any other account, because anyone on said console can play it.
Unlike the 360, you don't even have to start the game up for it to be added.

Only way to avoid this is to buy via xbox.com on a computer/phone or tablet, which doesn't have any windows games on it.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????? Simply buying a game from the Xbox 1 store doesn't pop it up on your gamer card. Its when you actually launch the game. Even if the game needs a title update or crashes upon starting it will show a start up but simply buying a game from the store on your system is not going to do it. Please don't mislead others thanks!
Actually, I've seen that happen (purchased a game from the store and it appeared on my achievement list as 0 points title while the game downloaded). However, that was a long time ago and it certainly does not work that way anymore. I couldn't say whether that got patched out and truly-unplayed games games disappeared, or whether some people might have some legacy 0-pointers from back in the day due to that feature.

However, I've never seen stuff show up on my card just because a second account downloaded something. But, if your account is logged in silently in the background, and someone else launches a game, that will end up on your card. I just did that to myself the other day with Cuphead. I could see how that might look like someone else downloading the game, but I've never seen that happen without being logged in and the game actually launching.
After having games put on my card by mistake in the past (Fifa 09 + 12)
i am VERY careful as to what goes on my card.
Every game with achievements on my card i intend to play and finish (just got to find the time to get back into a few of them).
So i know which games i have personally downloaded/installed with the intent to play them in the future.
My account is the master account with gold on my console, shared between 3 people. The other 2 don't have gold of their own, but can download games with gold due to my account sharing gold with them.
In the past we each had our own 360, but we don't play enough xbox one to justify having more than one. Plus only needing one gold account is a lot cheaper than 3.
Because of games in the past accidentally being put on my card by one of those 2 i have a lock on my account that needs to be used to even log into it. this was done within days of getting the xbox one, and thus only 5 games were installed on it at the time. Since then their has been no way games can accidentally be put onto my card. without me knowing about it, as i always log out after finishing, don't have automatic log in set, don't have account set to a certain controller, and don't have kinect.

I can go into detail with every 0g game on my profile.
Call of Duty Black Ops (360 BC): Was doing some house chores waiting for Batman Arkham city to be installed, someone thought xbox one was free and loaded it up while still signed into my account.

Outland: GwG bought via xbox one never played was deleated right after instalation.

Resident Evil 4: Bought on 360 market place when dirt cheap, never played or installed on xbox one, showed up right after becoming BC, even though never showed up (and still doesn't) on the 360.

PAC-MAN CE DX+: Bought by brother on 360 sale, never been played on my account (brothers completed it), never been installed to xbox one, turned up when went BC.

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood: GwG downloaded and played for 30 min by brother then deleted and never reinstalled onto xbox one.

Sleeping Dogs (360 BC): GwG bought via xbox one, never played deleted right after installation.

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition: GwG Downloaded by brother via xbox one store played for 5 min and then deleted of system.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Disk not Digital): Had a week of work, was planning to play this, installed it, loaded it up, then mate convinced me to do some more Destiny instead. Sitting on shelf gathering dust (for now).

Minecraft: Xbox one Edition: Brother bought original 360 minecraft. Owning original 360 minecraft = free xbox one edition. Never played on my account.

Warframe: Brother downloaded and played, never played on my account (almost started it, but went destiny direction instead)

Assassins Creed Rogue: Loaded it up on 360, never actually played it, as brother wanted to, so i played AC Unity instead (worst decision ever). Will be played at some point.

Happy Wars: own 360 = xbox one version, brother owned 360 version and completed it. Personally avoided it along with World of Tank's, even though they were F2P, as i saw both as potential P2W titles. Turned up just like Minecraft when xbox one version was released.

Rayman Legends: GwG downloaded by brother, played for 2 days and never played again, deleted to make room for other things. Never played on my account.

Sunset Overdrive: GwG downloaded via xbox one store and then deleted by brother.

Thief: GwG downloaded myself and never played.

The Escapists: GwG downloaded by brother played for a week and then deleated, had a quick go on it myself. waiting for DLC to go on sale for a reasonable price.

Child of Light: GwG downloaded via xbox one store. Sitting in the to do list.

That's what shows up on Xbox.com HOWEVER their is a lot of games i actually have started up but never played which should be their.
Dishonored (360 BC) i have actually installed (via disk) and loaded up. As well as Resident Evil Revelations (360) (on the 360). All the classic Sonic games (actually played part of some first lv's of these on the 360 years ago)

Then their is the games that don't show up, but some should as circumstances are the same as one's that do.
Games i bought from xbox one store but never let finish downloading.
Games my brother has downloaded and played from GwG via xbox.com
For some reason Castle Crashers Remastered doesn't (Same situation as Minecraft and Happy Wars)
TitanFall: was a free code download with the console. Downloaded it but no one ever played it.
The games i have bought via xbox.com and not installed onto the xbox one (or 360) but sit in my to download list.

To me it just doesn't follow a pattern. I don't mind 0g games i intend to play on my card (my to play list is easily close to 100 games), but not games i have no interest in playing and have never played.
PunchedInTheEar
Posted on 30 October 17 at 04:30
Wooohoooo! Finally! clap
PunchedInTheEar
Maesenko
Maesenko
Posted on 30 October 17 at 07:29
Redd Five said:
Next update: Let me sort the shop by price like every other online shop in existence.
I like this idea. Have you made a request yet to the Xbox voting site?
"I dig my hole, you build a wall..."
Captain Chao5
Captain Chao5
Posted on 30 October 17 at 09:00
Finally! Now can we remove games that were **** and gave an achievement just for starting it up.
You don't stop gaming cos you get old, you get old cos you stop gaming.
I Boz l
I Boz l
Posted on 30 October 17 at 10:12
I don't know if they just threw us a bone....or it will be implemented...because for now you can only hide these 0G games.

I think everyone is asking to be able to delete them, which is a total different path...

Let's see....
Xaqqa
Xaqqa
Posted on 30 October 17 at 11:13
Still pissed that they removed the Xbox One Edition of Minecraft from the store and replaced it with this new buggy piece of shit. I still needed some achievements on the Xbox One Edition and now it's stuck at a percentage.
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 30 October 17 at 11:48, Edited on 30 October 17 at 11:49 by Dresden N7
Thanks SpeleoFool & Aricardo 0000 for testing this with your profiles and relaying the results!

planting42 said:
Since it seems to get buried and asked every 5th post.

X360 games were also hidden! Although you couldn't see it and believed it removed, the belief was incorrect.

Anyone that did this previously found that when you look at your profile on the X1, those 'removed' 360 titles had returned.
Quoted for truth. I didn't know so many people on the site wasn't aware of this fact.
lightsup55
lightsup55
Posted on 30 October 17 at 12:39, Edited on 30 October 17 at 18:00 by lightsup55
Captain Chao5 said:
Finally! Now can we remove games that were **** and gave an achievement just for starting it up.
Actually, no. If you unlocked 1 achievement/challenge in a game, it cannot be hidden (including 0 gamerscore achievements). You're probably stuck with it on your card.

Xaqqa said:
Still pissed that they removed the Xbox One Edition of Minecraft from the store and replaced it with this new buggy piece of shit. I still needed some achievements on the Xbox One Edition and now it's stuck at a percentage.
You can still play online multiplayer in the Console Edition (Minecraft: Xbox One Edition) and unlock achievements. This includes digital and disc copies.

Only problem now might be getting a copy of the older version on disc, if you don't already own it digitally.

You can also re-install the digital version of the Console Edition (assuming you had purchased it before removal) and still play online multiplayer. It should be listed under "Ready to install" in My games & apps. If not, then you probably already have it installed.
Nekro Neko
Nekro Neko
Posted on 30 October 17 at 13:32
Maesenko said:
Redd Five said:
Next update: Let me sort the shop by price like every other online shop in existence.
I like this idea. Have you made a request yet to the Xbox voting site?
While on the subject, I'd love to see a proper wishlist and the option to toggle on/off notifications for wishlist items on sale.
www.cyberscore.me.uk
AlterPred
AlterPred
Posted on 30 October 17 at 16:15
Any chance we will be able to remove those games we start get one or two achievements in before deciding they suck and quitting. That would be great, I'm cool with it subtracting from my gamerscore.
AngloSaxton
AngloSaxton
Posted on 30 October 17 at 16:19
Xaqqa said:
If you own the Xbox One Edition, or ever did, you are still able to download and play it. The only thing removal from the store does is prevent new sales of that version.

I was playing the xbox one edition with friends this weekend and earned 8 achievements.
Up the Villa!
Poopdog M60Riot
Posted on 30 October 17 at 17:20
Removing clutter is always nice
Banana Big Boys
Racxie
Racxie
Posted on 30 October 17 at 17:39
YES!!! About frikkin' time smile took them long enough laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.