Xbox Help Forum

Got a problem with your Xbox? Post it in here, someone might be able to help you

Can't download Star Wars KOTOR to my 360...

AuthorMessage
thunderkiss92
375,142
thunderkiss92
Posted on 28 October 17 at 20:27
Hey guys!

I purchased Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic on demand as it recently went on sale on the Xbox Live Marketplace. I tried to download it to my 360 but the game seems to have issues.

It crashes halfway through the install, then there's a "Corrupted" file on my HDD where it should be. I delete the corrupted file and try again, still fails. I cleared the system cache, still fails. I actually left the download thing open earlier and it got to 100%. Went to check My Games and it's not there. Checked the HDD and there's the "Corrupted" file again. Tried contacting Microsoft Support and of course my internet is to blame for the issue, even though I have no trouble downloading any 360 or One games.

I have save files on my 360. I never did finish the game and would like to go back to the files if I can. It works fine on the One, but because my save data is on 360, I really want to download it there. Anybody have any idea how to remedy this?
RayvenMorrigana
1,136,922
RayvenMorrigana
Posted on 28 October 17 at 23:34
Could you upload the save files from your 360 to the cloud and then resume then from the cloud on your Xbox One? I know that works for 360 games so I'd assume it would work for original Xbox games too.
I said hey, listen to me, stay safe inside insanity. <3
thunderkiss92
375,142
thunderkiss92
Posted on 29 October 17 at 01:34, Edited on 29 October 17 at 01:35 by thunderkiss92
RayvenMorrigana said:
Could you upload the save files from your 360 to the cloud and then resume then from the cloud on your Xbox One? I know that works for 360 games so I'd assume it would work for original Xbox games too.
Thanks for the response. I'll give it a shot! Might save the 15 hours I had put into the game previously...

Really disappointed that this is even an issue. Should've downloaded just fine.
thunderkiss92
375,142
thunderkiss92
Posted on 29 October 17 at 02:20
Can't move save files to the cloud. I wonder if the save files are what is causing the failure? I know that wouldn't really make any sense, but I've tried just about everything to get this to work...
misfit119
832,196
misfit119
Posted on 29 October 17 at 06:03
Have you tried fiddling with your internet? This does actually sound like an internet issue. If at all possible try resetting your router while your Xbox 360 is fully turned off. Let it power cycle and then try turning the 360 on. Delete the corrupted data before doing this. It seems like your Xbox is trying to download the corrupted data to finish the download, even when you start a new one. I've seen something similar to this with a GwG that I had to fight with and restart my router / 360 a few times to get it to download properly. Pretty sure the problem was on my end.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
entexman
159,274
entexman
Posted on 29 October 17 at 11:52
I have the same issue. The game fails to download on the 360. Crimson Skies downloaded fine so I am not sure why I am getting a corrupt file for this particular game. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with my internet. I have deleted the corrupt file and the XBox starts downloading it from scratch again. Sounds to me something is wrong with this game. It downloaded fine to my XBox One.
thunderkiss92
375,142
thunderkiss92
Posted on 29 October 17 at 19:25
misfit119 said:
Have you tried fiddling with your internet? This does actually sound like an internet issue. If at all possible try resetting your router while your Xbox 360 is fully turned off. Let it power cycle and then try turning the 360 on. Delete the corrupted data before doing this. It seems like your Xbox is trying to download the corrupted data to finish the download, even when you start a new one. I've seen something similar to this with a GwG that I had to fight with and restart my router / 360 a few times to get it to download properly. Pretty sure the problem was on my end.
Thanks for taking the time to post. I tried your suggestion. I'd done most of that before, but hadn't power cycled the 360 or reset the router while the 360 was off. No luck. I wish it was my internet, but I never have this issue and now that entexman has posted saying he's having the same problem with the same game, I really think there's something "off" about the download. It works fine on the One, but doesn't like 360's.

entexman said:
I have the same issue. The game fails to download on the 360. Crimson Skies downloaded fine so I am not sure why I am getting a corrupt file for this particular game. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with my internet. I have deleted the corrupt file and the XBox starts downloading it from scratch again. Sounds to me something is wrong with this game. It downloaded fine to my XBox One.
I really wanted to test it and buy another On Demand Xbox game, but didn't want to take the risk that it would fail. Glad you posted that. Really seems like the game doesn't like 360's in general. It's ashame, too. I deleted my 15 hour game save trying to get it to work because I ran out of ideas and REALLY wanted it to download.

I was thinking about starting an actual thread on the Microsoft Support forums, but I've done some research and the last time someone had an issue like this they told the person to buy another HDD. facepalm You and I probably aren't the only people affected by this, but I'm not sure Microsoft cares too much about how these games will run on the 360.
Ryucmb22
1,806
Ryucmb22
Posted on 29 October 17 at 20:35
im having same problem it keeps corrupting and i cant seem to stop it from happening. i really want to play this game. if cant be our internet providers its gotta be on microsofts side
thunderkiss92
375,142
thunderkiss92
Posted on 29 October 17 at 20:59
Guys, I started a thread. Probably won't help at all, but I think we'd have better chances if more than one person is reporting this issue.

https://forums.xbox.com/en-us/thread/ac2e6af4-e477-49d6-b943...

Ryucmb22 said:
im having same problem it keeps corrupting and i cant seem to stop it from happening. i really want to play this game. if cant be our internet providers its gotta be on microsofts side
That's three of us now. Too much to be a coincidence!
Ryucmb22
1,806
Ryucmb22
Posted on 29 October 17 at 23:55
i found someone on reddi who said they downloaded played for a bit then delted it. when they went to download again they couldnt so has to be bad download
misfit119
832,196
misfit119
Posted on 30 October 17 at 05:34
thunderkiss92 said:
Thanks for taking the time to post. I tried your suggestion. I'd done most of that before, but hadn't power cycled the 360 or reset the router while the 360 was off. No luck. I wish it was my internet, but I never have this issue and now that entexman has posted saying he's having the same problem with the same game, I really think there's something "off" about the download. It works fine on the One, but doesn't like 360's.
Hey, happy to try helping at least. cry My internet is also very good and I never really have problems. But I've had this weird situation where a game starts to download, fails and then on retries it downloads corrupt files over and over again. I think it has something to do with the Xbox trying to specifically finish the failed download, based on what's in the console cache, and ending up with corrupted data over and over again. That's why I made that suggestion. I didn't think anythings wrong with your internet per se, more about how your console is interacting with your internet.

But with other people saying they're having the problem I'm gonna just assume that there's something wrong with the download. If at all possible I'd bother Xbox Support on Twitter until they say something useful. Might help to be ready with a speed test result to shut them up about that before you start.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
thunderkiss92
375,142
thunderkiss92
Posted on 30 October 17 at 06:37
misfit119 said:
thunderkiss92 said:
Thanks for taking the time to post. I tried your suggestion. I'd done most of that before, but hadn't power cycled the 360 or reset the router while the 360 was off. No luck. I wish it was my internet, but I never have this issue and now that entexman has posted saying he's having the same problem with the same game, I really think there's something "off" about the download. It works fine on the One, but doesn't like 360's.
Hey, happy to try helping at least. cry My internet is also very good and I never really have problems. But I've had this weird situation where a game starts to download, fails and then on retries it downloads corrupt files over and over again. I think it has something to do with the Xbox trying to specifically finish the failed download, based on what's in the console cache, and ending up with corrupted data over and over again. That's why I made that suggestion. I didn't think anythings wrong with your internet per se, more about how your console is interacting with your internet.

But with other people saying they're having the problem I'm gonna just assume that there's something wrong with the download. If at all possible I'd bother Xbox Support on Twitter until they say something useful. Might help to be ready with a speed test result to shut them up about that before you start.
I do appreciate the suggestion. You'd have been my hero if it had worked, and at this point anything is worth a try. I already deleted my 15 hour game saves though (along with a file on my HDD that contained settings for KOTOR, I was hoping that was the root of the problem). cry I really wish it was some finicky random issue with the internet. Would make this easier to solve.

Others have commented on the thread I started on the Xbox Support Forum stating they are dealing with the same issue, but I've heard Twitter is a better way to get results from Support. I'm considering started an account just for that purpose. My Star Wars fanboyism is limitless, and I really want to play this game...
misfit119
832,196
misfit119
Posted on 30 October 17 at 06:46
I find it helps greatly to have a Twitter account you use just for stuff like this even if you could care less about the platform. I've done it with other places. Only reason I ever had a MySpace account was to get to some of the music I would see local bands have on the site.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Ryucmb22
1,806
Ryucmb22
Posted on 30 October 17 at 13:43
im talking to xbox support right now girl im talking to is talking to her supervisor who is trying to tell her and me game only works on xbox one. obviously they dont know what they are talking about. i have bought tons of xbox orihinal games and they all work accept this one
yidarmy39
10,418
yidarmy39
Posted on 30 October 17 at 15:26
Same thing is happening to me 80% download then can't download and a corrupt game on hard drive, so annoying.
thunderkiss92
375,142
thunderkiss92
Posted on 30 October 17 at 16:53, Edited on 30 October 17 at 16:55 by thunderkiss92
Ryucmb22 said:
im talking to xbox support right now girl im talking to is talking to her supervisor who is trying to tell her and me game only works on xbox one. obviously they dont know what they are talking about. i have bought tons of xbox orihinal games and they all work accept this one
That's ridiculous! I don't know why I'm surprised that an employee of Microsoft doesn't know how the backwards compatibility system works. I don't think we'll get anywhere with them through chat. They are just going to keep making up excuses as bad and useless as this one.

yidarmy39 said:
Same thing is happening to me 80% download then can't download and a corrupt game on hard drive, so annoying.
More gamers have commented on my Xbox Support thread quoting the same issue. This must be happening to everyone that tried to download it to 360.
thunderkiss92
375,142
thunderkiss92
Posted on 30 October 17 at 19:14, Edited on 31 October 17 at 02:35 by thunderkiss92
I reached out to @XboxSupport on Twitter. Will let you guys know if I hear anything back from them!! Fingers crossed.

EDIT:

They responded pretty quick, but I didn't get to talk to them much today. They sent me a download history Xbox.com link that showed all my recent purchases and suggested I queue the download from there. So I did. Obviously it didn't work, but I'm staying positive. They are probably just eliminating the dumb stuff before they commit to doing anything serious.
yidarmy39
10,418
yidarmy39
Posted on 31 October 17 at 03:58
thunderkiss92 said:
I reached out to @XboxSupport on Twitter. Will let you guys know if I hear anything back from them!! Fingers crossed.

EDIT:

They responded pretty quick, but I didn't get to talk to them much today. They sent me a download history Xbox.com link that showed all my recent purchases and suggested I queue the download from there. So I did. Obviously it didn't work, but I'm staying positive. They are probably just eliminating the dumb stuff before they commit to doing anything serious.
Sounds like they don't have a clue!!!! Hope they can resolve this as surely it's just a case of updating on their end.
Ryucmb22
1,806
Ryucmb22
Posted on 31 October 17 at 13:52
they just need to make a patch but i wonder how long it will take. i got etrnal ring ps2 classic on ps4 and there was a glitch u could not progress past this cave. you would walk in cave and just die no reason. took like 6 months maybe less cant remember before they fixed it. hope its nothing like this. its like nobody checks before they throw classic games on the store
yidarmy39
10,418
yidarmy39
Posted on 31 October 17 at 16:22
On the xbox forum site a person from Germany is having the same problem, I wonder if this is a European issue, anyone from the US experiencing the same problems?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.