Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] Gameloft Discontinues Windows Phone Support for Two Titles

• punkyliarpunkyliar220,647
  • JappeJappe954,894
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 19:48
    It amazes me someone actually plays this still
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty713,308
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 19:51
    It amazes me that someone has a windows phone still
  • gmurda33gmurda331,242,009
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 20:10
    NawtyCawty said:
    I got a windows phone for 8 bucks, simply to get achievements.
  • Doctor MandrakeDoctor Mandrake1,060,062
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 20:20
    I used ti have Windows phones. Honestly, I preferred them to Android and iPhone. The interface, the live tiles, and so forth, I just got along with Windows oh so much better than the alternatives.

Shame the platform never really got the recognition it deserved.
  • KingyOwlKingyOwl524,290
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 20:26
    NawtyCawty said:
    I'm one of a very few but my only mobile handset is a Lumia 950XL and I have no plans to change it anytime soon. It does everything I need, including achievements on the go!
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,339,212
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 20:30
    I got one of the newest models last year for just $30 why wouldn't I? Don't use it as an actual phone like I did with my WP7 tho.
    My favourite colour is red
  • Death and GloryDeath and Glory2,137,083
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 20:51
    As much as I love and support the WP, the lack of first party app support was the deal breaker for me. I recently decided to switch to the Google Pixel and can't believe all the things I missed out on. I now just keep my WPs for achievements.
  • Posted on 31 October 17 at 21:01
    Worth noting, Dragon Mania Legends had its Xbox LIVE support stripped out after the announcement as well, which makes all achievements in it Discontinued.
  • S1yfaS1yfa514,085
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 21:06
    I recently sold my four Windows phones. Yes, I had 4 of them! I loved the hardware. Lumia 930 camera was incredible. Windows 8 and 10 ran well. The tiles interface was nice to use. They felt good, looked good.

But as mentioned above the software wasn't there. Games were few and far between, the ones there were had broken achievements 9 times out of 10. Lots of the big apps never even made it to WP's store.

Sad to see it die, but I have moved onto Android. I hope more Devs add achievements to their Android and iOS games though. There is less than a handful currently...
  • QuemandanteQuemandante1,117,994
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 21:14
    Doctor Mandrake said:
    I used ti have Windows phones. Honestly, I preferred them to Android and iPhone. The interface, the live tiles, and so forth, I just got along with Windows oh so much better than the alternatives.

Shame the platform never really got the recognition it deserved.
    Same here, I stopped using mine as my main phone like 8 months ago due to the lack of support on the apps and stuff like that but loved the interface and live tiles! And obviously the games with achievements.
  • Invvader910Invvader910255,108
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 21:17
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Worth noting, Dragon Mania Legends had its Xbox LIVE support stripped out after the announcement as well, which makes all achievements in it Discontinued.
    Yeah, just when i was grinding this chievos 😡 really dont know why they deleted it from WP, while achievements are still on PC
  • Posted on 31 October 17 at 21:23
    They did the same for Despicable Me. It streamlines the deployment process for them on mobile, so they don't have to repackage and certify every time they release updates.
  • ElyohElyoh941,333
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 21:29
    NawtyCawty said:
    Until it dies, I'm not replacing it laugh
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 31 October 17 at 21:42
    Elyoh said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    Until it dies, I'm not replacing it laugh
    Does it? I won't stop until I'm #1 completions... not too many left now.
  • Posted on 31 October 17 at 22:21
    My WP is my only phone, Lumia 640. I really like the platform, just wish the newer handsets weren't so damn expensive, not going to be replacing this baby for a while.

As for the lack of Apps? Achievements over Apps any day!
  • FalensaranoFalensarano1,077,404
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 22:33
    This is total crap. Three achievements left in Dragon Mania Legends and it will be the only game I don't finish on windows phone!!!
  • AlahertAlahert1,421,029
    Posted on 31 October 17 at 22:46
    gmurda33 said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    I got a windows phone for 8 bucks, simply to get achievements.
    I'm going to do the same one day!
    DARK 777
  • Posted on 31 October 17 at 22:48
    Falensarano said:
    This is total crap. Three achievements left in Dragon Mania Legends and it will be the only game I don't finish on windows phone!!!
    Sorry about that - I would've given you a heads-up had I known earlier. A friend of mine informed me the day it went down, and Gameloft's shutdowns are only being communicated by in-game messages. cry
  • Posted on 31 October 17 at 23:05
    Nokia 930 owner here I've had my windows Phone for a few years now and I think its a great phone/platform for someone like me who really is just after a phone that obviously makes calls and texts has a decent camera on it, can browse the net and has the ability to get achievements on the go it was just what I wanted. And the phone always seems to be snappy and never bogged down like my old S3 use to get. Maybe that is because of the lack of apps was a curse and a blessing.
    I intend to keep my WP until it dies which I hope isn't anytime soon.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.