Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] Gameloft Discontinues Windows Phone Support for Two Titles

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 November 17 at 08:54
    Umm, just got an update on Asphalt 8: airborne,

saying "in preparation for future updates, MSN will replace xbox from update 23 onward."

I just updated the game and I cannot find xbox live functionality anywhere.
    No quick way for me to check with the achievements I have left also....
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m31,808,934
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 10:24
    Skanker irl said:
    Never had any problems with my Windows Phone other than having a limited app store. Love playing games on it.
    Same here. Besides, loved the feature that you can listen to youtube videos with the screen turned off. Also, must have dropped my WP's more than a dozen times but still they are in perfect condition. Android phone got cracks in the screen first time I dropped it cry.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,419,154
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 10:38, Edited on 01 November 17 at 15:09 by scotwolf2
    the king is dead(well for me anyway)cry
    with MS and developers no longer supporting the platform...the end is nigh

i have enjoyed my windows phones have had 3 different ones

last month or so I've been struggling to get updates, not enough internal memory?(daft thing is there is plenty internal free) so i try to move anything that's not operating system to my 64gb card which has loads of room. it won't let me. MS support useless.
    so phones been a bit dodgy

sunday night going to bed couldn't find it.???
    Monday morning my couch was sounding my alarm to wake me up, checked down side and back of cushions etc can't see/touch it.
    Monday afternoon had the bottom of the couch off searching for my phone, nothing.
    somehow it's got inside the wooden frame through a 2mm gap and i still cannot see or touch it.
    i would have to take couch apart to get it.

i think this must be a sign..get a new phone
    it'll be android as can't stand i stuff.

the king is dead and i'm sadcry

EDIT..like others have said, i would have another wp over iPhone any day
    the 930xl does everything i want, it may not have loads apps, i don't use loads of apps. good camera, txt, call, internet, xbox, gps, maps, twitter, etc etc so suited me.
    local carphone warehouse still want silly money, if they can get me another one.
    android her i come reluctantly
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob155,799
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 10:52
    glad I finished Dragon Mania Legends.

I've generally avoided FTP stuff, so think Tiny Troopers is probably the only game I have started that is in danger of being discontinued. Really must force myself to play it at some point.
  • PNOIDSCHIZPNOIDSCHIZ615,522
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 11:01
    Damn, still was hoping to find an old phone for splinter cell and now I have to finish Spartan strike....
  • paddycfc22paddycfc22592,114
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 11:38
    950xl will always have a place in my heart loved that phone until I dropped it from 20ft and broke the camera cry the phone still worked too with the many cracks haha
    Poon
  • Posted on 01 November 17 at 12:50, Edited on 01 November 17 at 13:09 by Shadow Kisuragi
    Ranga Dang Dang said:

saying "in preparation for future updates, MSN will replace xbox from update 23 onward."

Confirmed - Update 23 released yesterday, and Xbox LIVE integration is gone.
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao0rPwxKX9yHnbIhX13-xHbp-bkBeQ

Alwindb said:
    btw did you know that the facebook part of Equalicious (WP) is also removed
    Thanks, did not know but it's not removed. It's just failing to acknowledge that the login completed in-game, which has the same effect. It looks like people are still unlocking the friend achievements, which are also Facebook related - maybe it's just not accepting new Facebook logins?
  • atonedeftoolatonedeftool241,192
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 15:41
    I loved my WP. The OS was great. I just finally switched to Android after MS announced that the platform was actually dead. The app selection is the only thing that's objectively better about it. Every single other thing in the core OS experience is worse, or at best, equal. It's a real shame that a critical mass never developed to get apps going. It's a real catch-22 (if you don't have users, no one will make apps, and if you don't have apps, users won't come) -- and it's probably bad for the consumer because it makes a real third competitor in the mobile OS marketplace almost impossible.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,351,073
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 17:10
    Why did Microsoft bother buying Nokia or the Lumia brand and doing fuck all with it?! I love my wp absolutely despise i-phones. Gameloft suck anyway half their games are broken that they never fix and full of microtransactions or are all insane grinds to complete. Also have game troopers already given up with wp? They haven't published anything live enabled for aaaaages
  • Posted on 01 November 17 at 17:20
    Yes, they're doing VR releases now. They just delisted Fusion Dots, in fact.
  • cenGii91cenGii91341,556
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 17:43
    Great....really. I only needed 2 more achievements on WP for this game. At least i can do it on Win8. But very sad to hear. The bad news for WP won't stop.
    I make multiple lists ranging from achievements to dlc pricing. Constantly updating data when available.
  • Posted on 01 November 17 at 18:10
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Yes, they're doing VR releases now. They just delisted Fusion Dots, in fact.
    Is it the Win8 version you´re talking about? Really doesn´t matter since it released with broken achievements.
  • Posted on 01 November 17 at 19:04
    Got a Lumia 950XL and just needed one more cheevo for Dragon Mania Legends. Just dif everything I needed, only to find out the achievements are now discontinued. Damn...
  • Posted on 01 November 17 at 19:46
    Both Win8 and WP for Fusion Dots.
  • TrekkerUKTrekkerUK364,792
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 19:56
    Just want to join in the Windows Phone love!

Had a 920 since launch, and absolutely love it. Love the tiles, and dropped it a few times to shocked faces, only to get more shocked when I pick it up without a scratch.

I'm not a big fan of mobile gaming (or even apps), so I was mostly happy with what was there.
  • fatDaddy21fatDaddy21477,566
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 21:33
    KingyOwl said:
    I'm one of a very few but my only mobile handset is a Lumia 950XL and I have no plans to change it anytime soon. It does everything I need, including achievements on the go!
    My Lumia 920 is on its last legs. Will unfortunately have to replace it during Black Friday/Cyber Monday this month. Shame, since Windows UI/live tiles/etc. is so much better than what I've seen from iOS and Android in my work phones.
  • beemohbeemoh76,727
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 22:15
    Ranga Dang Dang said:

Same.

It's also really shitty that they've just sprung this, and not given a one-update warning, stating that the *next* update has no more XBox and *this* update is the final one- especially considering the actual criteria for unlocking the Achievements hasn't really changed since they were added.
  • FalensaranoFalensarano1,079,856
    Posted on 01 November 17 at 22:40
    This is why Xbox should gamers to remove games from their tags. It's 100% not my fault I can't complete Dragon Mania Legends now and what difference does it make?
  • neeker75neeker751,411,268
    Posted on 02 November 17 at 02:09
    Dancing Rob said:
    glad I finished Dragon Mania Legends.

I've generally avoided FTP stuff, so think Tiny Troopers is probably the only game I have started that is in danger of being discontinued. Really must force myself to play it at some point.
    Same here. I'm keeping Tiny Troopers 2 for achievement streaking when I go on trips. Looks like I'd actually have to complete it soon.

Guess I'd have to bring my W10 laptop along for future travels.
  • Goggs25Goggs251,674,183
    Posted on 02 November 17 at 05:22
    Never liked the idea of Xbox live games on mobile phones a complete waste of money
    Goggs25
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.