Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

[UPDATE] Gameloft Discontinues Windows Phone Support for Two Titles

• Posted on 02 November 17 at 05:36
    It seems like WP is knocking on death's door so I won't be getting one
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 November 17 at 10:04
    So are the pc versions affected still?
  • Posted on 02 November 17 at 12:12
    PC versions are not affected.
  • negative1nenegative1ne101,582
    Posted on 02 November 17 at 13:22
    Windows phone 7.8 user here. Will never give it up for any phone.

Someone gave me a lumia 650 as a backup, but i don't like pure
    touchscreens, i prefer the hardware keyboard.

Anyways, i play games on it occasionally, got some achievements too.

Don't care about apps or feel any are missing.

The phone part works fine.

later
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,419,190
    Posted on 02 November 17 at 13:28
    would love another wp it does what i need and i much prefer to my family's i phones and android.

but unless i can get another 930xl then it seems like an android for me.
    Razer the company that makes gaming peripherals is launching a gaming android phone so may look into this.

good bye WPcry
  • Posted on 02 November 17 at 13:31
    That Razor phone is the only thing that I would switch to right now, but $699 USD is a rough price tag.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 November 17 at 15:37
    Well at least my landline still works laugh
    I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!
  • Posted on 02 November 17 at 16:19
    This was unfortunate, game Devs forced to keep Windows Phone (WP) progression to their games dead. Note that this was never going to be amazing like well Microsoft's ideas of updating phone useable games.

Never in my life will I ever respect such a noteable decision...
    Xbox: GTASAROCKS88 Steam: HughyJuspur
  • Y2Kasper10Y2Kasper101,666,114
    Posted on 06 November 17 at 15:25
    NawtyCawty said:
    It amazes me that someone has a windows phone still
    I got a Windows phone for the first time about a year ago to try and get achievements for a contest. I still play games on it and up until recently, was playing this game and getting achievements as well.
    I like stuff
  • Posted on 06 November 17 at 22:04
    Looks like progress no longer syncs for Windows -> Windows Phone now for Dungeon Hunter 5. PC is on a newer update, and trying to connect to Facebook for cloud data results in the game requesting a new update that doesn't exist. Not sure if Windows Phone -> Windows works or not.
  • BahaumautBahaumaut1,382,616
    Posted on 07 November 17 at 08:28
    Just completed on my phone. I have the opposite problem: I can't log in on my Win10 device. I've gotten past the first few stages, to the point it actually allows you to actually tap what you want instead of holding your hand like some 2-year-old.

Unfortunately, it doesn't show me as being logged in. And if I tap on the Log-In button on my Win10 tablet, the game crashes. This is preventing me from even seeing an achievement, much less getting anywhere. Can't say I saw it do the "Allow Xbox To Interact" message pop up, either.

Haven't even attempted a cloud data upload with Facebook. Not sure if I really want to risk it. But it would be nice to be able to just get everything cleared and completed; I got REAL lucky with a dark 4-star staff on my phone version that also gave a good +HP per hit, which really boosted my staying power. It was enough to beat level 45 without a potion or rez, once I leveled up another 4-star green armor for defense.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,721,850
    Posted on 09 November 17 at 06:08
    So Dragon Mania Legends is the only one fully currently disabled achievement wise, correct?
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Posted on 09 November 17 at 13:17
    Dragon Mania Legends = Dead
    Asphalt 8 = Partially dead, if you don't update and play Seasons offline
    Dungeon Hunter 5 = Dead, but unknown. Latest update killed support, but might be able to play campaign offline.
  • Death and GloryDeath and Glory2,137,105
    Posted on 09 November 17 at 17:09
    I found that I've been having problems connecting to Facebook on World at Arms WP, so I am unable to sync achievements. The Xbox features still work. It pulls the achievements I have but doesn't pop them. Everything works normally on Win8.
  • Posted on 09 November 17 at 17:19
    World at Arms is on its way out. They've already switched over to MSN for cloud support instead of Xbox. Good luck.
  • Death and GloryDeath and Glory2,137,105
    Posted on 09 November 17 at 18:19
    Really hating myself for holding off on these. I'm finding some off them to be pretty easy. Almost done with Age of Sparta though. Also need to do Order and Chaos soon.
  • Q u 4 lK eQ u 4 lK e859,878
    Posted on 14 November 17 at 02:24
    World at Arms is dead. Jack shit isn't working on that game for me either.
    Posted on 15 November 17 at 05:26
    Q u 4 lK e said:
    World at Arms is dead. Jack shit isn't working on that game for me either.
    Seems to be true, won't currently connect to xbox services, or sync achievements to phone/xbox.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • Posted on 15 November 17 at 12:44
    Yet people on my list are still unlocking in it. Did you recently download it, or is it an old installation?
    Posted on 15 November 17 at 18:34, Edited on 15 November 17 at 19:07 by iMaginaryy
    Shadow Kisuragi said:
    Yet people on my list are still unlocking in it. Did you recently download it, or is it an old installation?
    Ah good to hear I suppose. It's an old-er installation, but could have been updated. I'll try checking in a few.

Was just working the other day, and then saw the post and tried unlocking an achievement which hasn't registered.

(also the in game button to connect to XBL doesn't seem to work, and other WP games are unlocking/syncing just fine - will test more later)
    Fear is the mindkiller.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.