TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

The Turing Test Discussion - Spoiler Free

AuthorMessage
Posted on 01 November 17 at 05:59
Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to ask questions about The Turing Test, report in as you make your way through the game for the first time, and otherwise keep it all spoiler-free in here.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 01 November 17 at 07:01
This is the first month I've actually already had the game completed. I'm looking forward to the discussion that will come out of this. Debating morality always goes well here :)
StormyAsh0450
Posted on 01 November 17 at 07:42
I know this game gets a rap as a 'Portal clone', but I personally enjoyed it much more than that game. The increasing puzzle complexity, combined with the expanding philosophical debate with the AI really got the ol' synapses firing by the end. I believe I will reinstall just to play again and follow along with others' impressions of the game.
lfcjohn
lfcjohn
Posted on 01 November 17 at 08:29
I completed this sometimes ago but worth to try again.
You'll never play alone.
Valdimier
Valdimier
Posted on 01 November 17 at 09:18
Just completed chapter two. I really like the pacing of the game by now. No big action, no big drama (by now) and the soundtrack is really cool and fits the mood pretty well.

I never played Portal (started the first a long time ago but never played past the third room) so I can´t say how much of a "clone" Turing is. A played Pneuma and even now I will say that Turing is the far better game in pacing, atmosphere and storytelling.
ManicMetalhead
Posted on 01 November 17 at 11:57
Planning to start this after work today, might only get 30 mins in though. I greatly enjoyed both Portal and Portal 2, I don't mind so much whether this is a clone or not, as it'll mean I'll definitely enjoy the game!
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 01 November 17 at 11:59
No better month to play this than this one i supose
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 01 November 17 at 12:05
Valdimier said:
I never played Portal (started the first a long time ago but never played past the third room) so I can´t say how much of a "clone" Turing is. A played Pneuma and even now I will say that Turing is the far better game in pacing, atmosphere and storytelling.
You have to give Portal and Portal 2 a revisit. The expanded story, and edgy dialogue in Portal 2 was fantastic.

I am looking forward to Turing Test if it is similar. Pneuma was meh IMHO.
Chameleon1977
Chameleon1977
Posted on 01 November 17 at 12:35, Edited on 01 November 17 at 12:36 by Chameleon1977
Unfortunately I couldn't resist playing this when it went GWG last month, and have now completed it. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Clearly get the similarities with Portal, but that's no bad thing, especially since Valve forget sequels numbered 3. Well worth playing, even if there is no Cave Johnson in it.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 November 17 at 13:20
I got this game when it came out over a year ago and have had it on my short list but never played it. I got it because it was developed by Bulkhead Interactive that was formed by the merging of the two developers of Pneuma: Breath of Life - Deco Digital & Bevel Studios. Pneuma: Breath of Life was visually stunning and had great game play. I'm hoping The Turing Test will be as good.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 01 November 17 at 13:38
I really need to play this tonight...

Allgorhythm said:
I got it because it was developed by Bulkhead Interactive that was formed by the merging of the two developers of Pneuma: Breath of Life - Deco Digital & Bevel Studios. Pneuma was visually stunning and had great game play. I'm hoping The Turing Test will be as good.
I'm hoping it'll be much, much better. Pneuma was good, but it was marred by performance issues the whole second half of the game (I'm talking big drops in framerate, notably) and a really shitty voice-over laugh
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 01 November 17 at 14:04
Shinnizle said:
I really need to play this tonight...

Allgorhythm said:
I got it because it was developed by Bulkhead Interactive that was formed by the merging of the two developers of Pneuma: Breath of Life - Deco Digital & Bevel Studios. Pneuma was visually stunning and had great game play. I'm hoping The Turing Test will be as good.
I'm hoping it'll be much, much better. Pneuma was good, but it was marred by performance issues the whole second half of the game (I'm talking big drops in framerate, notably) and a really shitty voice-over laugh
I liked Pneuma a lot, and this blows it away. It fixes all of those issues and is so much deeper than Pneuma.

For everyone comparing it to Portal, be careful with your expectations. The puzzles aren't as deep, and the characters aren't as memorable. Pneuma is definitely a better starting point for your expectations.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 01 November 17 at 14:42
Once you guys beat it, be sure to check out the poll! The Turing Test - Ending Poll (Spoilers)
Stealth David
Stealth David
Posted on 01 November 17 at 15:44
Very fun and easy game shame i played it already :(
Follow me on Twitter for giveaways @StealthDavid
MotivationalOrb
Posted on 01 November 17 at 16:38
Just made it through chapter one. The visuals are fantastic and the soundtrack so far is very pretty. I'm going to play one chapter per day.
Flabyo
Flabyo
Posted on 01 November 17 at 16:42
Played through this a couple of weeks ago, it's definitely aiming for a similar vibe to the first portal but doesn't quite make it.

It's a better game than Pneuma though, more narratively interesting.
o DEEVIUS o
o DEEVIUS o
Posted on 01 November 17 at 16:49
Is there cake?
TrapMuzik99
TrapMuzik99
Posted on 01 November 17 at 18:39
Seems very fun, have it downloaded and might give it a play.
1st person in the world to unlock every single Grand Theft Auto achievement in existence! (8250/8250 Gamerscore)
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 01 November 17 at 19:12
o DEEVIUS o said:
Is there cake?
The cake is a lie
Brasshande
Brasshande
Posted on 01 November 17 at 19:39
I think i'm in the minority who didn't like this at all, but it's all horses for courses i suppose. Easy achievements anyway, so i didn't go away totally empty-handed smile
D'yuz gan at death speed?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.