Game Discussion: The Evil Within 2 Forum

Akumu vs Classic Difficulty

AuthorMessage
Sabin VI
Sabin VI
Posted on 02 November 17 at 09:45, Edited on 02 November 17 at 09:52 by Sabin VI
So after completing Classic Mode the other day i would like to know what you guys think about this topic? What do you think is "Harder" / more annoying?

Here's my Opinion.

I think that Classic Mode is Harder because for me having a Limited amount of Saves is always more Stressful so it's easier to Fuck up.. also there is always the risk of losing an hour or 2 of Progress especially in the beginning .. if you die on Akumu Mode on the other Hand nothing really happens you just lose a minute or 2 of Progress and other than 3 annoying Spots Akumu is not that bad imo... also being able to Upgrade Weapon Damage , Flash , Shock and Explosive Bolts makes Akumu so much easier than Classic Mode because as you guys know Classic Mode = Zero Upgrades other than Ammo Pouches..

so.... what do you Guys think?
Kyl3Ruth
Kyl3Ruth
Posted on 04 November 17 at 20:02, Edited on 04 November 17 at 20:02 by Kyl3Ruth
AKUMU is harder. Those few hard spots in AKUMU are harder than anything in TEW2 on classic. Just plan out your saves wisely and you should be fine.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 23 November 17 at 21:28
Sabin VI said:
So after completing Classic Mode the other day i would like to know what you guys think about this topic? What do you think is "Harder" / more annoying?

Here's my Opinion.

I think that Classic Mode is Harder because for me having a Limited amount of Saves is always more Stressful so it's easier to Fuck up.. also there is always the risk of losing an hour or 2 of Progress especially in the beginning .. if you die on Akumu Mode on the other Hand nothing really happens you just lose a minute or 2 of Progress and other than 3 annoying Spots Akumu is not that bad imo... also being able to Upgrade Weapon Damage , Flash , Shock and Explosive Bolts makes Akumu so much easier than Classic Mode because as you guys know Classic Mode = Zero Upgrades other than Ammo Pouches..

so.... what do you Guys think?
I have to say that classic is going to be a pain in the butt! Right now i'm playing it on hardcore, with upgrades an it challenging. Akumu was a breeze cause of the weapon upgrades!
Osuraa
ThaDevilzHand
ThaDevilzHand
Posted on 09 December 17 at 05:41
I think really Akumu is harder, but it's less frustrating for me. Even though I may be dying every 5 seconds on some of the horrendous parts at least I get to try again right away. Classic, although may not necessarily be as hard, I find to be more frustrating and stressful. One mistake and you may have to re-do a whole bunch of stuff depending on how far in you are from your last save, re-doing things you probably already have down and have to waste time doing just to try the actual hard parts again. I'd take Akumu any day, save restrictions stress me out and piss me off when if I lose tons of progress and waste my time.
ThaDevilzHand
Soup Can Sam
Soup Can Sam
Posted on 23 January 18 at 06:16
For sheer frustration: Akumu.

For tense and potential unfair shenanigans: Classic.

Akumu had the benefit of still being able to upgrade everything and constant saves, meaning you could take things as slow as you'd like and even save throughout (which made clearing out the Victoriano Mansion and those friggin' brains much less stressful) -- and while there were absolutely cheap segments where avoiding taking damage was hard, it still kind of felt satisfying to get through it.

Classic, I just finished tonight. Man, forget that! I didn't mind the lack of upgrades, but the limited saves really put a damper on things. It meant *having* to play large chunks without saving and choosing wisely when to, for the most part. Not to mention that the game has a couple problems that can cause crashing or freezing, and it just becomes downright off putting.

My favorite difficulty was the Kurayami mode from the Kidman DLC in the original Evil Within. *That* was a real fun twist and it made some segments genuinely creepy, even if it wasn't necessarily harder. Only having the flashlight to provide any sort of light made the game much more involved.
JakThaRiPP3R84
Posted on 17 February 18 at 03:36, Edited on 17 February 18 at 03:37 by JakThaRiPP3R84
classic will be hard, i can't wait. many hard parts of tew1 could either be cheesed or shocked/flashed into submission. also walkthroughs/speedrun guides on the internet trivialised tew1. whereas classic forces you to learn and overcome yourself, not follow someone elses guide.
Merl X2
Merl X2
Posted on 03 March 18 at 08:04
I would say classic mode looks much harder due to the lack of saves. I found Akumu mode very challenging, but the idea or re playing an hour or two of gameplay for a small mistake does not fill me with glee. Also there are certain parts i am looking at in TEW2 wondering how i am going to manage with no upgrade, but guess i will find out. Also so many glitches in TEW2 is already making me want to cry inside. I have fallen through the floor, i had a boss disappear from the level, i got stuck inside a chair while trying to view the slides, i phased inside an empty building and was floating in mid air..... if this keeps happenening in classic i will lose my mind.
beets101
287,405 287,405 GamerScore
beets101
Posted on 06 April 18 at 22:13
Classic mode hands was harder for me, I had the game glitch several times. Just completed it so glad I have 100% on this good game.
beets101
EarthboundX
EarthboundX
Posted on 08 September 18 at 08:01, Edited on 08 September 18 at 08:02 by EarthboundX
Akuma is way better, I've had the game crash 3 times now, right around trying to enter the theater in Chapter 8.

Limited saves and the game crashing is total BS. I've wasted over 6 hours trying this over and over, only for the game to crash before I get to the second save spot right before the boss in Chapter 8.

With Akuma you could save and try over and over and the tough spots, but with Classic, I'm losing hours and hours of progress because the game keeps crashing. Something completely out of my control.

It never crashed a single time on my Nightmare playthrough, but enter limited saves and now it crashes constantly.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.