Game Discussion: Path of Exile Forum

Essence Monster Achievement

AuthorMessage
BaronVoNewman
BaronVoNewman
Posted on 03 November 17 at 00:08
Has anyone found any info on spawn conditions for this? For the life of me I can't find anything solid. On another note ill pay 5 ex for a spot to get the achievement
Bvn
regret
regret
Posted on 03 November 17 at 03:02
I've tried to even pay 25ex and it's just down to pure luck. Nothing we can do. RNG gonna RNG.
ZH Sic
ZH Sic
Posted on 03 November 17 at 11:00
Same here, not sure if corrupting a 3 or 4 essence can maybe give it 5
PhilipHerpantie
Posted on 03 November 17 at 11:38, Edited on 03 November 17 at 11:40 by PhilipHerpantie
you can only get it by corrupting a essence that has 4 on it already other wise your just wasting it if your going for this achievement. The remmant of corruption can add 1 to the pool so look for ones that have 4 mods on them already but even then still not guarantee to give you the 5th.

Corrupting the Essence a monster is trapped in will result in one of the following outcomes chosen at random:

Mobs are broken free with empowered stats.
All contained essences have their level increased by 1.
Another essence is added.
Upgrade the essence type to a higher essence type in the tiered progression.
BaronVoNewman
BaronVoNewman
Posted on 03 November 17 at 11:56
This is turning into Injustice 2 all over again it's RNG within RNG within RNG.
Bvn
DimTheSky
DimTheSky
Posted on 03 November 17 at 12:50
what are the spawn conditions for 4 essence monster? map level etc?
Zukape
Zukape
Posted on 03 November 17 at 13:38
Far as I know above T7.
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 03 November 17 at 14:22
BaronVoNewman said:
At least from what I've played of Injustice 2, is there really that much RNG besides the Cat Call ability or whatever it was? For achievements, I mean.

This game though, it's like if Jesus had a second coming as RNGesus, and decided he was going to grant all your wildest desires, but only if you guessed whatever number he was thinking between 1 and 1,000,000,000,000. There's so many RNG-based achievements. And most of them aren't even that hard - it's just luck. Luck to get the stuff to attempt luck-based stuff.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
BaronVoNewman
BaronVoNewman
Posted on 03 November 17 at 20:54, Edited on 04 November 17 at 00:12 by BaronVoNewman
HVAC Techie said:
BaronVoNewman said:
At least from what I've played of Injustice 2, is there really that much RNG besides the Cat Call ability or whatever it was? For achievements, I mean.

This game though, it's like if Jesus had a second coming as RNGesus, and decided he was going to grant all your wildest desires, but only if you guessed whatever number he was thinking between 1 and 1,000,000,000,000. There's so many RNG-based achievements. And most of them aren't even that hard - it's just luck. Luck to get the stuff to attempt luck-based stuff.
The last injustice 2 achievement took me an extra 100 hours and was literally the last ability i unlocked. Absolute nightmare. I agree the RNG is a total nightmare in this game. Never seen a game with just such an incredible amount of RNG that can literally make or break you

Edit: I got it
Bvn
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 04 November 17 at 14:13
BaronVoNewman said:
The last injustice 2 achievement took me an extra 100 hours and was literally the last ability i unlocked. Absolute nightmare. I agree the RNG is a total nightmare in this game. Never seen a game with just such an incredible amount of RNG that can literally make or break you

Heh, gives me something to look forward to in Injustice 2 I suppose.

I do complain about the RNG in this game, but most of the problems I'm facing are more my own fault. My build is in a terrible place right now. Considering sacrificing this character (currently in act 10) for some of the more build-specific achievements and taking one of the characters I plan to use for "Traitor" to the end-game content. A lot of stuff being... less than viable has caused me to be quite underdone for later game content. I've learned the hard way that Blight is not as good as I'd thought it would be, and that armor and stats are much less important than health or shield. And that melee is really not worth running.

Definitely have learned my lesson though - don't go into a dungeon crawler expecting it to be similar to the one other dungeon crawler you've played (being FATE, which like, 3 people probably remember).
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
BaronVoNewman
BaronVoNewman
Posted on 04 November 17 at 14:17, Edited on 04 November 17 at 14:20 by BaronVoNewman
HVAC Techie said:
BaronVoNewman said:

I do complain about the RNG in this game, but most of the problems I'm facing are more my own fault. My build is in a terrible place right now. Considering sacrificing this character (currently in act 10) for some of the more build-specific achievements and taking one of the characters I plan to use for "Traitor" to the end-game content. A lot of stuff being... less than viable has caused me to be quite underdone for later game content. I've learned the hard way that Blight is not as good as I'd thought it would be, and that armor and stats are much less important than health or shield. And that melee is really not worth running.

Definitely have learned my lesson though - don't go into a dungeon crawler expecting it to be similar to the one other dungeon crawler you've played (being FATE, which like, 3 people probably remember).
Dark Pact Beserker is fairly easy / cheap to play. I managed to throw my whole build together for probably around 6 Ex and I can clear most maps in under 4 min

And if your looking for a build that can clear all content besides GM, I suggest spectres as its very cheap to build and you can literally die on bosses and have them kill them for you.
Bvn
Sighris
Sighris
Posted on 06 November 17 at 15:25
BaronVoNewman said:
HVAC Techie said:
BaronVoNewman said:

Dark Pact Beserker is fairly easy / cheap to play. I managed to throw my whole build together for probably around 6 Ex and I can clear most maps in under 4 min

And if your looking for a build that can clear all content besides GM, I suggest spectres as its very cheap to build and you can literally die on bosses and have them kill them for you.
Anyone interested in spectre, below is link to buIld I used.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1814091
WudYaLo0kAtThat
Posted on 07 November 17 at 05:16
How do you use remnants of corruption on the monsters? I've never had the option to use currency on them like I can with strong boxes.
Sighris
Sighris
Posted on 07 November 17 at 05:28
If u have one in your inventory there is Y prompt like strongbox, but it auto uses and doesn’t open inventory
WudYaLo0kAtThat
Posted on 07 November 17 at 13:25
Awesome. Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it if I came across one
MrKetosky
MrKetosky
Posted on 08 November 17 at 14:09
I have a 4x essence currently. Come try to corrupt. MrKetosky
AnxiousAbe
AnxiousAbe
Posted on 18 January 18 at 00:47
this is bs i never seen a 4x essence monster ever in 500 odd hours :(
WizZy PL
195,540 195,540 GamerScore
WizZy PL
Posted on 18 January 18 at 23:52
I've seen 5 times 4x essence monsters and on third try i got 5x essence.
AnxiousAbe
AnxiousAbe
Posted on 20 January 18 at 20:37
dam ur lucky iv run 500 odd maps and never seen 1 :( was this in abyss league u saw all them :)
WizZy PL
195,540 195,540 GamerScore
WizZy PL
Posted on 21 January 18 at 03:27
4 times on standard and 1 time on abyss, but I'm not playing anymore abyss cause my build is glitched.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.