Game Discussion: Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360) Forum

Server unavailable

AuthorMessage
erod550
erod550
Posted on 10 July 19 at 23:09
Wish I hadn't started this game. Already completed FH2 on XB1. At the time this thread said the servers were up but now they appear to be back down again and not coming back. :(
Chettlar
Chettlar
Posted on 11 July 19 at 13:29
Just keep bothering support. The servers have gone down before and after a long time they were bothered enough to fix them. They just don't seem to think it's a priority if people don't complain.
Gaygun0
Gaygun0
Posted on 16 July 19 at 14:04
I submitted a ticker,hope they will fix ;(
Chettlar
Chettlar
Posted on 20 July 19 at 04:34
Finally sounds like maybe we're making some progress? Definitely make a ticket though if you haven't.

But three days ago I was out of town and got this response:

"Thank you for reporting this issue.

We are currently looking into this and your ticket will be added to our investigation.

I am marking this ticket "On Hold" and we will send out an announcement to the Community when we have a resolution.

Thank you for your patience.

TheSpartacat"

That actually sounds encouraging. Much better than before when they said that everything was running fine, which it definitely was not, given all the people reporting it's been down since May. So I guess they are "working on it" potentially. Thank goodness.
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 20 July 19 at 13:53
Last time I got a reply like this they shut down the smartglass app forever. roll

Hopefully they don't give up on support for multiplayer on the Xbox 360.
Something bad may be going on, some people reported that they are replying they don't support older titles, the default response for Horizon 2 and older, for Forza 6. And Forza 6 is not end of life yet.
Turn 10 is the worst developer ever.
Gaygun0
Gaygun0
Posted on 27 July 19 at 13:21, Edited on 27 July 19 at 13:23 by Gaygun0
Server still unabailable today, and my ticker no reply too ;(
Chettlar
Chettlar
Posted on 28 July 19 at 02:16
Gaygun0 said:
When did you submit yours? They're very slow at responding.
Gaygun0
Gaygun0
Posted on 28 July 19 at 03:31
Chettlar said:
Gaygun0 said:
When did you submit yours? They're very slow at responding.
15days ago
Chettlar
Chettlar
Posted on 05 August 19 at 06:32
Uh, so servers are still down. I got a post in my support ticket asking if I was experiencing this issue, and then no reply when I said I was. A few days ago. It still doesn't work but it sounds like they're still monitoring it.

But...now the game has been relisted again? If I pull it up in a different browser it's listed as $29.99. But the xbox one version is still down. Weird.
Gaygun0
Gaygun0
Posted on 06 August 19 at 06:32
Chettlar said:
Uh, so servers are still down. I got a post in my support ticket asking if I was experiencing this issue, and then no reply when I said I was. A few days ago. It still doesn't work but it sounds like they're still monitoring it.

But...now the game has been relisted again? If I pull it up in a different browser it's listed as $29.99. But the xbox one version is still down. Weird.
I bought the game 28days ago,and my ticket never get any reply ;(
Chettlar
Chettlar
Posted on 06 August 19 at 20:40
Submit another one and/or reply to yours again.
MjolnirRecon54
Posted on 09 August 19 at 15:40
I noticed someone recently unlocking a few online achievements just yesterday. I tried the servers just now but they're still down. Maybe they were up only long enough for this guy to pop these chievos?
Non facete nobis calcitrare vestrvm perinævm!
Taillear Dubh
Taillear Dubh
Posted on 09 August 19 at 23:39
I got a response a couple of days ago from my complaint that was a month old. It was a list of things to check on my network (like open ports, etc)... they are still not realizing/admitting that the problem is on their end. I replied that it wasn't just me that couldn't connect, but that nobody could. Will see what the response is (if I get one at all).
Gaygun0
Gaygun0
Posted on 10 August 19 at 00:29
server still unavailable ,why that guy can get achievment, he use hack?
Tatl360
Tatl360
Posted on 10 August 19 at 01:35
Gaygun0 said:
server still unavailable ,why that guy can get achievment, he use hack?
Have you tried different times of the day?

I remember when I was doing the Rival races the game failing often. It was usually working at night for me.

It's good to play for a while on the map and check if the online menu appear after some minutes.
A good indicator is the Radar. If it displays the X button to check leaderboards when you pass on it then the online is also available.
Chettlar
Chettlar
Posted on 10 August 19 at 06:54
I've been constantly trying to connect at all different times of day but I can't connect. So I have a feeling that person cheated? But in case the servers did open up for them I wouldn't want to report them. I do know that at times when fixed they've still been shaky. That said, I've checked so much, I really don't feel like they have been up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my connection I know that.

Taillear Dubh said:
I got a response a couple of days ago from my complaint that was a month old. It was a list of things to check on my network (like open ports, etc)... they are still not realizing/admitting that the problem is on their end. I replied that it wasn't just me that couldn't connect, but that nobody could. Will see what the response is (if I get one at all).
This is what I got. I'm not going to stop bugging them until they actually fix their dumb servers. It's definitely heartening hearing other people are as well. If enough keep it up, at some point they'll have to do something to get rid of all those tickets (I am NOT advocating like, making accounts or making a ton of tickets; that would be stupid and discount everyone else; don't do that. If you have an account, and you can't connect, make your ticket and don't give up asking them to fix it).

It's awfully unprofessional they can't diagnose their own servers being down. Can't they see that their player population is either zero or extremely low since the servers went down? Like come on. They have to know it's on their end. SOMETHING is wrong. It's not us.

Anyway, I simply responded that I have already done all of those things AND I can play any other xbox game just fine. I tested out Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport 3 and 4 and they all worked just fine. Even rivals. And then I just simply restated the request that they fix the servers.

Now we wait yet again. I don't know why Forza games struggle with server issues so much. Seriously.
Chettlar
Chettlar
Posted on 12 August 19 at 20:52
Holy crap I was able to join! Starting at 3:30 central today. I was able to do a rivals event. I'll be playing a bunch today. Hopefully it stays up.
MjolnirRecon54
Posted on 12 August 19 at 23:12
By golly you're right! It's working...but for how long?
Non facete nobis calcitrare vestrvm perinævm!
Chettlar
Chettlar
Posted on 13 August 19 at 01:12
I don't know but I'm not taking any chances. Grinding my butt off to do rivals right now. I figure if things break really badly in the future rivals would be a really low priority fix. Boy that's a long grind. I'm only 1/20 of the way there. Although I've definitely wasted a bit too much time trying to grind events to get 5000 credits to farm. Clearly I'm not good enough for can't find races I'm good at.

Someone let me know if they want to get the "Freeroaming buddies" chievo.
Gaygun0
Gaygun0
Posted on 13 August 19 at 03:55
Chettlar said:
I don't know but I'm not taking any chances. Grinding my butt off to do rivals right now. I figure if things break really badly in the future rivals would be a really low priority fix. Boy that's a long grind. I'm only 1/20 of the way there. Although I've definitely wasted a bit too much time trying to grind events to get 5000 credits to farm. Clearly I'm not good enough for can't find races I'm good at.

Someone let me know if they want to get the "Freeroaming buddies" chievo.
thank for let us know this,really!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.