Posted on 03 November 17 at 17:05
    Please use this thread to discuss the DYING: Reborn walkthrough
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite3,852,294
    Posted on 06 November 17 at 16:11
    Walkthrough is complete and submitted.
  • Information
  • vSullyvSully1,165,294
    Posted on 10 November 17 at 12:40
    Just noticed that you've included a whole bunch of unnecessary steps for completing all of the achievements. You could streamline the walkthrough by removing dozens and dozens of instructions. The dart, for example, is completely unnecessary to 1k the game. As are about half of the steps you've given for the kitchen chapter. I believe there are two different endings and many of the steps may be required for getting a better ending, but for achievements, you don't need to do a ton of the things you've outlined in the walkthrough.

Also, I've taken screenshots of many of the puzzle solutions and put them in one of my achievement solutions. Feel free to use those in the walkthrough for clarity.
  • Mr RodsterMr Rodster2,191,458
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 19:04, Edited on 21 March 18 at 19:28 by Mr Rodster
    Thank you for the walkthrough.

"Now look at the three-letter combination. Set it to read DER. This will turn on the TV. Go to the TV, activate it, and watch the woman in the TV. This will automatically give you Memo #3 after the woman in the TV has finished speaking. You will have a cutscene and this will end Section 1 and unlock an achievement."

This is not true. When the woman is done speaking you have to go to the door and open it. Everything is automatic from there, but it does not happen automatically after the woman finishes speaking.

"Rotate the bottom left dial so that the light of the dial faces towards 10-o'clock. Rotate the bottom right dial so that the light of the dial faces 2-o'clock.
    Use the one way cable connector from your inventory on the cable to the left of the electrical box."

I could not use the one-way cable connector when power was going through the cable. I also could not put the tape on the wire unless power was off. Turning the power on needs to be after these two events.
  • imaidiot19imaidiot191,429,214
    Posted on 28 March 18 at 21:51
    Mr Rodster said:
    Thank you for the walkthrough.

"Now look at the three-letter combination. Set it to read DER. This will turn on the TV. Go to the TV, activate it, and watch the woman in the TV. This will automatically give you Memo #3 after the woman in the TV has finished speaking. You will have a cutscene and this will end Section 1 and unlock an achievement."

This is not true. When the woman is done speaking you have to go to the door and open it. Everything is automatic from there, but it does not happen automatically after the woman finishes speaking.

"Rotate the bottom left dial so that the light of the dial faces towards 10-o'clock. Rotate the bottom right dial so that the light of the dial faces 2-o'clock.
    Use the one way cable connector from your inventory on the cable to the left of the electrical box."

I could not use the one-way cable connector when power was going through the cable. I also could not put the tape on the wire unless power was off. Turning the power on needs to be after these two events.
    Thanks for the power cable thing...I was thinking I was reading something wrong or missed a step.
    Yes, I know I am.
  • DARKxREAPERDARKxREAPER315,259
    Posted on 22 May 18 at 22:21, Edited on 22 May 18 at 22:43 by DARKxREAPER
    I followed the walkthrough to the letter and somehow didn't get all memos cry found out I missed one but where wish they was a pic guide showing all memos cry
  • Posted on 07 July 18 at 07:21
    I somehow missed a memo while following every step in the walk through. Now I don’t know where to start and I don’t want to play this entire game again.
  • SpeleoFoolSpeleoFool1,794,663
    Posted on 21 July 19 at 21:48
    Very nearly missed out on a memo in Section 2 for the floorplan map. There are 2 pieces of torn paper that must be combined with the scrap behind the painting you knock off. Only after completing the whole floorplan do you get the dialogue, and then you have to examine the completed floorplan to register that memo.

No sure if thats what Pancho or Cube missed, but I didn’t immediately notice that the almost-complete floorplan (with just the big piece i got off the desk) didn’t give me a memo.
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto2,034,802
    Posted on 09 August 20 at 18:07, Edited on 09 August 20 at 20:29 by TheOnlyMatto
    Hey, thanks for the WT. toast Made some notes and am going to quote you so you get them:

Dwaggienite said:
    Section 1:
    after the woman in the TV has finished speaking. You will have a cutscene and this will end Section 1 and unlock an achievement.
    Not true, you have to exit the door that you put the coin in to get said achievement/end of chapter

Section 2:
    Look to the right of door 103 to see an electrical box. Open it up. Rotate the top dial so that the light on the dial faces towards 2-o'clock. You will get a one way cable connector.
    Rotate the bottom left dial so that the light of the dial faces towards 10-o'clock. Rotate the bottom right dial so that the light of the dial faces 2-o'clock.
    Use the one way cable connector from your inventory on the cable to the left of the electrical box.
    Can't follow the instructions because the electricity is on (this applies to applying the wire and tape to said wire but I am not sure about whether the radio too would need to have power off to be applied to the wire since your steps wouldn't originally have electricity reach the radio as mine will). It should read:

Section 2 edit:
    Look to the right of door 103 to see an electrical box. Open it up. Rotate the top dial so that the light on the dial faces towards 2-o'clock. You will get a one way cable connector.
    Use the one way cable connector from your inventory on the cable to the left of the electrical box.
    Use the tape on the space between the cable hanging from the ceiling, and the cable you just put in place. This will help turn the radio on in a few steps
    Put the old-style radio on the table at the end of the cable.
    Return to the electrical box to your right and rotate the bottom left dial so that the light of the dial faces towards 10-o'clock. Rotate the bottom right dial so that the light of the dial faces 2-o'clock. Now the radio should be on.
    Note: I've put in bold an edit to later lines that could be removed.

Section 2:
    Move to the right slightly, and use your umbrella on the hole in the metal-meshed window. You'll be able to grab the key.
    I had to interact with the hole, making a remark about not being able to reach, in order to get this to work.

Use the knife switch on the switch between the metal-meshed window and the open door. This will turn the fan on and papers will blow onto the floor from the desk. There will be a piece of ripped paper remaining on the desk. Take it.
    I had to interact with it after applying the knife switch

Will let you know if I notice anything else. I noticed someone else has already left a remark about the first so I will use the remainder of their statement to help make it smoother. compute dance
    See you in Valhalla
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite3,852,294
    Posted on 09 August 20 at 20:39
    TheOnlyMatto said:
    Hey, thanks for the WT. toast Made some notes and am going to quote you so you get them:

Dwaggienite said:
    Section 1:
    after the woman in the TV has finished speaking. You will have a cutscene and this will end Section 1 and unlock an achievement.
    Not true, you have to exit the door that you put the coin in to get said achievement/end of chapter

Section 2:
    Rotate the bottom left dial so that the light of the dial faces towards 10-o'clock. Rotate the bottom right dial so that the light of the dial faces 2-o'clock.
    Can't follow the instructions because the electricity is on (this applies to applying the wire and tape to said wire but I am not sure about whether the radio too would need to have power off to be applied to the wire since your steps wouldn't originally have electricity reach the radio as mine will). It should read:

Section 2 edit:
    Use the tape on the space between the cable hanging from the ceiling, and the cable you just put in place. This will help turn the radio on in a few steps
    Return to the electrical box to your right and rotate the bottom left dial so that the light of the dial faces towards 10-o'clock. Rotate the bottom right dial so that the light of the dial faces 2-o'clock. Now the radio should be on.

Section 2:
    Move to the right slightly, and use your umbrella on the hole in the metal-meshed window. You'll be able to grab the key.
    I had to interact with the hole, making a remark about not being able to reach, in order to get this to work.

Use the knife switch on the switch between the metal-meshed window and the open door. This will turn the fan on and papers will blow onto the floor from the desk. There will be a piece of ripped paper remaining on the desk. Take it.

SECTION 2:
    Go to where the painting fell off the wall and examine it. You will see the floor-plan appear. Use the piece of ripped paper on it for some narration.
    I wrote this section in caps+ bold because I just picked up a memo that your WT doesn't have in it. What you call "narration" is actually a memo which explains how you have 23 in your WT yet the solution has 24. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE and was originally posted by SpeleoFool in a previous post and is definitely the reason some people miss this achievement. It should say:

SECTION 2 EDIT:
    Go to where the painting fell off the wall and examine it. You will see the floor-plan appear. Use both pieces of ripped paper on it for some narration as well as a Memo #8.
    Note: This means current memo #8 and all after should be increased by 1.

Will let you know if I notice anything else. I noticed someone else has already left a remark about the first so I will use the remainder of their statement to help make it smoother. compute dance
    Thank you for your help. I've put in the necessary edits and have notified the overseer. It's up to them when it gets updated now.
    Posted on 09 August 20 at 20:47, Edited on 09 August 20 at 20:59 by TheOnlyMatto
    Dwaggienite said:
    TheOnlyMatto said:

Dwaggienite said:
    Section 1:

Section 2:

Section 2 edit:

Section 2:

SECTION 2:
    Go to where the painting fell off the wall and examine it. You will see the floor-plan appear. Use the piece of ripped paper on it for some narration.
    I wrote this section in caps+ bold because I just picked up a memo that your WT doesn't have in it. What you call "narration" is actually a memo which explains how you have 23 in your WT yet the solution has 24. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE and was originally posted by SpeleoFool in a previous post and is definitely the reason some people miss this achievement. It should say:

SECTION 2 EDIT:
    Go to where the painting fell off the wall and examine it. You will see the floor-plan appear. Use both pieces of ripped paper on it for some narration as well as a Memo #8.
    Note: This means current memo #8 and all after should be increased by 1.

Thank you for your help. I've put in the necessary edits and have notified the overseer. It's up to them when it gets updated now.
    Memo #8 may have actually been right. The only difference I noticed was that 2 pieces of map needed to be changed. I apologize because I jumped the gun on that one. I had 9 memos (when I collected 8 on your list), so I am not sure where I got an additional one and think i'll rerun the beginning after I beat it. I watched a video and see that one of the memos you collect has two pictures that are added and this is where my confusion came from. I am sorry brother for any additional work I caused on that one.
    See you in Valhalla
    Posted on 09 August 20 at 22:36
    For anyone reading up on this, the memos are all in the right spot. The only part, about memos, being off was that you needed to place 2 pieces of paper for memo 8. Press cn_up every time you grab a memo to ensure you actually got it and as long as you beat the game in 1 sitting you will unlock the memo achievement no problem.

Thanks again Dwaggienite and so sorry I made that mistake. The solutions count had me all kinds of confused. I think I clarified this in the PM. Great WT
    See you in Valhalla
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.