Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Blizzard Introduces Moira to Overwatch

AuthorMessage
BruceWayne1008
Posted on 03 November 17 at 20:16
Welcome to the team

Please click here to read the story: Blizzard Introduces Moira to Overwatch
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 03 November 17 at 20:24
Please be simple achievements. That last Halloween event almost broke me! cry
Darkroder92
98,885 98,885 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Posted on 03 November 17 at 20:27
Finally new hero i like it
$True Gaming $
Darkroder92
98,885 98,885 GamerScore
Darkroder92
Posted on 03 November 17 at 20:36
I think she is mix with Zenyatta and Sombra together
$True Gaming $
Onsidic
Onsidic
Posted on 03 November 17 at 20:53, Edited on 03 November 17 at 20:53 by Onsidic
Darkroder92 said:
I think she is mix with Zenyatta and Sombra together
Darkroder92 said:
Finally new hero i like it
Definitely agree with these statements.
Brave Cypher
Brave Cypher
Posted on 03 November 17 at 21:02, Edited on 03 November 17 at 21:02 by Brave Cypher
Blizzard Delivers again, We wanted the next hero to be a healer and we got one! Much Respect to Blizzard for listening to their fanbase. I wish all developers did the same.
BROOKER 513
BROOKER 513
Posted on 03 November 17 at 22:04
gobey17 said:
Please be simple achievements. That last Halloween event almost broke me! cry
Yeah no doubt. Tried it this Halloween because I missed last years, looks like I won't be doing it next year either.
DEATH IS CERTAIN.
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 03 November 17 at 22:28, Edited on 03 November 17 at 22:28 by Dark Death 90
It's amazing how this game went from one of my most beloved games to one of my most hated. Blizzard has absolutely no clue what they are doing. They have no idea how to balance a game. They DESTROYED Roadhog, and there is no fixing him now without reverting him, he's a joke. Their rekit of Mercy was downright idiotic. And whoever came up with this year's halloween achievements can go die in a fire, because they are a complete POS. Couldn't get a single team together good enough to get them done, so now i have to wait a whole year to try the torture again. They have managed to sap every ounce of passion I used to have for this once great game. Screw em'. I understand now why so many people say Blizzard sucks.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 03 November 17 at 23:06
Your team isn't good enough to do difficult achievements so you're wishing the death of employees that make a VIDEO GAME. Yep, that's mature all right.
JohnnyRiver
JohnnyRiver
Posted on 03 November 17 at 23:06
Dark Death 90 said:
They DESTROYED Roadhog... rekit of Mercy was downright idiotic... I understand now why so many people say Blizzard sucks.
Roadhog was fixed a few month ago and maybe even more. Right now he is pretty often seen on competitive (at least in high plat and on the lowest diamond where I'm playing) and more than loved by the community of Overwatch. If you, as Roadhog-main, felt that healing on a run and -50% of damage and comeback of hook-kill (which is possible but require more skill from a player) wasn't enough... well, sorry, it's called "balanced character".
Changes for Mercy was the greatest thing out there. As Mercy-main in last two seasons, i always wanted for Mercy to be more "in-battle character" without all those "YOU NEEDED TO HIDE AND THEN REZ US!". So, finally, Mercy felt like a gaming character and not obligatory for fair matches (honestly, i played for 50 hours on her only because no one was taking supports and i wanted "true Overwatch experience" and not "another fps"). And, also, because of this new Mercy, most of the matches are more close-ranged and require "endurance" from players more than ever before.

So, yeah.
In conclusion, just wanna add that "so many people hate Blizzard" firstly because they are [Blizzard] known so well and all they're gaming communities out there just ridiculously big.
Overwatch could be a game that hated by millions of people but only because tens and tens millions of people love it so much and even more people just at least heard about this game or tried it in free days.

---

Anyway.
New character looks great even though she feels like a mash-up of 4-5 other characters.
The other thing is a new short-movie about Reinhardt... just gorgeous. I'm pretty sure that population of Rein's in Comp gonna grow a bit because of how great this character feels right now on an emotional level.
10 out of 10 as always^__^
Maybe at least "Halo 6" gonna have a good ending and storytelling-___-
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 03 November 17 at 23:50
Zorlac0666 said:
Your team isn't good enough to do difficult achievements so you're wishing the death of employees that make a VIDEO GAME. Yep, that's mature all right.
Oh please. I'm obviously don't actually want that. I actually don't mind the difficulty. In fact, I love difficult achievements. But putting a time limit on them is downright idiotic. You basically have a stressful couple of weeks to get them done, meaning you have a limited amount of time to improve your skills and practice. Then you have to wait an entire year to try again. It's incredibly poor design.

JohnnyRiver said:
Dark Death 90 said:
They DESTROYED Roadhog... rekit of Mercy was downright idiotic... I understand now why so many people say Blizzard sucks.
Roadhog was fixed a few month ago and maybe even more. Right now he is pretty often seen on competitive (at least in high plat and on the lowest diamond where I'm playing) and more than loved by the community of Overwatch. If you, as Roadhog-main, felt that healing on a run and -50% of damage and comeback of hook-kill (which is possible but require more skill from a player) wasn't enough... well, sorry, it's called "balanced character".
Changes for Mercy was the greatest thing out there. As Mercy-main in last two seasons, i always wanted for Mercy to be more "in-battle character" without all those "YOU NEEDED TO HIDE AND THEN REZ US!". So, finally, Mercy felt like a gaming character and not obligatory for fair matches (honestly, i played for 50 hours on her only because no one was taking supports and i wanted "true Overwatch experience" and not "another fps"). And, also, because of this new Mercy, most of the matches are more close-ranged and require "endurance" from players more than ever before.

So, yeah.
In conclusion, just wanna add that "so many people hate Blizzard" firstly because they are [Blizzard] known so well and all they're gaming communities out there just ridiculously big.
Overwatch could be a game that hated by millions of people but only because tens and tens millions of people love it so much and even more people just at least heard about this game or tried it in free days.

---

Anyway.
New character looks great even though she feels like a mash-up of 4-5 other characters.
The other thing is a new short-movie about Reinhardt... just gorgeous. I'm pretty sure that population of Rein's in Comp gonna grow a bit because of how great this character feels right now on an emotional level.
There is a 230 page thread on the official forums explaining why Roadhog is still pathetic and not a viable pick in most situations. It's not balanced. At all.

As far as Mercy goes, the problem with her new kit is that she makes every other healer obsolete. Why would you NOT choose Mercy, who can bring back a full health Rein or Zarya or Dva in the heat of battle? That's a huge advantage that often can turn the tide of a fight. I see insta lock Mercy in almost every game now. She has made other healers obsolete. Lucio's speed boost or Zen's discord orb isn't worth giving up a tank revive every 30 seconds. It's bad change for the game.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
RedDragonSwords
Posted on 04 November 17 at 00:40
Dark Death 90 said:
Zorlac0666 said:
Oh please. I'm obviously don't actually want that. I actually don't mind the difficulty. In fact, I love difficult achievements. But putting a time limit on them is downright idiotic. You basically have a stressful couple of weeks to get them done, meaning you have a limited amount of time to improve your skills and practice. Then you have to wait an entire year to try again. It's incredibly poor design.

JohnnyRiver said:
Dark Death 90 said:

So, yeah.

---

Anyway.
There is a 230 page thread on the official forums explaining why Roadhog is still pathetic and not a viable pick in most situations. It's not balanced. At all.

As far as Mercy goes, the problem with her new kit is that she makes every other healer obsolete. Why would you NOT choose Mercy, who can bring back a full health Rein or Zarya or Dva in the heat of battle? That's a huge advantage that often can turn the tide of a fight. I see insta lock Mercy in almost every game now. She has made other healers obsolete. Lucio's speed boost or Zen's discord orb isn't worth giving up a tank revive every 30 seconds. It's bad change for the game.
Roadhog is viable with the 50% damage reduction on heal. He is more of an actual tank instead of a tanky DPS. As for Mercy, she's the most overpowered hero in OW history and the impending nerfs look good enough.

The official forums are a shit show.
IGutlessIWonder
Posted on 04 November 17 at 00:52
An interesting idea for a character for sure.

I know this is an achievement website but getting as upset as some of u do just baffles me. Maybe I'm on the wrong website but if you're playing games for achievements before having fun then what's the point of gaming at all? Is the only enjoyment possible when you've completed 100% of the achievements?
The Gutless Wonder "Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense"
Dark Rocky X
Dark Rocky X
Posted on 04 November 17 at 01:17
IGutlessIWonder said:

I know this is an achievement website but getting as upset as some of u do just baffles me. Maybe I'm on the wrong website but if you're playing games for achievements before having fun then what's the point of gaming at all? Is the only enjoyment possible when you've completed 100% of the achievements?
That's exactly what this site has become in the past few years I've been here. People love achievements, but bitch about the stuff if it's hard or challenging. Majority of people on here are only going to complete a game and then stop instead of playing for fun first. I only come here to get guides or something, I refuse to stay any longer than I have to.
We work in the Dark, To serve the Light. We are Assassins!!! "Insieme per la vittoria"
Dark Death 90
Dark Death 90
Posted on 04 November 17 at 01:34, Edited on 04 November 17 at 01:36 by Dark Death 90
Dark Rocky X said:
IGutlessIWonder said:

That's exactly what this site has become in the past few years I've been here. People love achievements, but bitch about the stuff if it's hard or challenging. Majority of people on here are only going to complete a game and then stop instead of playing for fun first. I only come here to get guides or something, I refuse to stay any longer than I have to.
It's not about the difficulty. At least, not for me. I love difficult achievements. But putting them on such a short time limit is dumb. The whole point of hard achievements is practicing, honing your skills until you get better. Putting a time limit on it makes it unlikely to do that efficiently.

Seriously, what happened to challenges? Microsoft hyped them up when the One first came out, now the only game I am aware of that uses them properly is State of Decay. These holiday events would be a PERFECT fit for challenges: time limited events that give you an in game reward when completed. That's pretty much exactly what challenges were supposed to be.

And trust me, I don't need achievements to play a game. KOTOR has been getting most of my time since it went BC. And I play F13 a lot, which has some grindy achievements I probably won't get, not for a long time at least.
#1 Resident Evil Fan.
gobey17
gobey17
Posted on 04 November 17 at 02:05, Edited on 04 November 17 at 02:30 by gobey17
Dark Rocky X said:
IGutlessIWonder said:

I'm not sure if this is slightly aimed at me from my previous comment and I don't normally get involved in mud-slinging on here but I do actually play this game outside of achievements!

You'll have to remember that this IS primarily a achievement-hunting site, so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise if people on here are after that completion. And I think for me personally, as well as some others I've discussed this with, its really more these achievements being challenging AND time-restricted. It be fine if you could get them whenever, but alas.

Basically, if I enjoy the game a lot and it has the staying power (L4D for example I spent ages playing, way after all the achievements were done) then I will carry on. But in all honesty, there hasn't been many games this generation on the Xbox that's urged me to keep playing them. Achievements give a nice incentive and goal at least to plug away at them.
Epilepsy Sucks
Posted on 04 November 17 at 02:34
Brave Cypher said:
Blizzard Delivers again, We wanted the next hero to be a healer and we got one! Much Respect to Blizzard for listening to their fanbase. I wish all developers did the same.
Well, if they truly listened to their fanbase, then there would be no more event achievements.

PvP I don't mind, but when it's PvE it's sadistic.
Keeping people in the loop since 1990.
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 04 November 17 at 02:50
Epilepsy Sucks said:
Brave Cypher said:
Well, if they truly listened to their fanbase, then there would be no more event achievements.

PvP I don't mind, but when it's PvE it's sadistic.
This isn't true at all. Whether you believe it or not achievement hunters are absolutely still a minority in gamers. If they listened to people like the ones on this site that only play the game for achievements, then they would never even update the game at all.
Fooga
Fooga
Posted on 04 November 17 at 03:07, Edited on 04 November 17 at 03:13 by Fooga
In regards to the comments about the PvE events, if you're bad at the game then what did you honestly expect?

A lot people on this site right off the bat expected these achievements to be handed to them when, in the end, these events are for players who are good at Overwatch. They're for people who play Overwatch. In all my sessions, I've seen a lot of people during these PvE events admit things like they don't play Overwatch, they hate it, or that they're only there for the event achievements. And then they don't unlock them and they get all mad and entitled at Blizzard.

These people do not cater to what we do. They do not cater to completionists and it's stupid to think that they ever would. People on PC praise Blizzard for these difficult events. Know why? Because they're a very doable challenge that's rewarding when you manage to pull it off. It's an...achievement!

Or maybe a lot of you forgot what that word actually means..?
Zorlac0666
Zorlac0666
Posted on 04 November 17 at 03:35
Fooga said:
In regards to the comments about the PvE events, if you're bad at the game then what did you honestly expect?

A lot people on this site right off the bat expected these achievements to be handed to them when, in the end, these events are for players who are good at Overwatch. They're for people who play Overwatch. In all my sessions, I've seen a lot of people during these PvE events admit things like they don't play Overwatch, they hate it, or that they're only there for the event achievements. And then they don't unlock them and they get all mad and entitled at Blizzard.

These people do not cater to what we do. They do not cater to completionists and it's stupid to think that they ever would. People on PC praise Blizzard for these difficult events. Know why? Because they're a very doable challenge that's rewarding when you manage to pull it off. It's an...achievement!

Or maybe a lot of you forgot what that word actually means..?
I do love you.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.