Game Discussion: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Forum

Big achievement problem!

AuthorMessage
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 07 November 17 at 14:13
Throughout the game so far, most achievements didn't unlock when they should have. Not a single story line achievement unlocked without having to do the part multiple times.

At this point, I can't get any achievements to unlock now.

I shot Golyat in the eye for a ko, no achievement, got to Toussaint, no achievement, beat the Prince cursed to a toad 6 times and no achievement.

I also did having enemies kill each other with axii, but that's not even unlocking. This is all after hard resets too. The achievements are all horribly bugged...

Would it be possible to add a buggrd achievement flag to every achievement in this game? I would have never started the goty if I knew this problem was so neglected.
Jimbo LaFleur
Jimbo LaFleur
Posted on 09 November 17 at 13:40
I see you unlocked a few of the achievements a day after your post, did you get them by doing the requirements again or by reloading after a hard reset?
I ask because so many people write about achievement-problems in this game and I want to start it soon...
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 10 November 17 at 04:55
After a while, hard resets stop working. What I did was go into the network settings and clear the max address. It'll prompt you that doing so will reboot the console.

Do it and it should be working fine after that. At the moment, I'm almost done hearts of stone and no problem so far.

Be careful with the Gwent achievement though. The base game has a guide for the achievement with a list of everyone you need to win a card from. For me, it worked well along with following the guide.

If you want, feel free to message me if you have any problems. I'm almost done all the achievements, just have to speed a deathmarch playthrough (best to do that in ng+ since you'll have all the achievements that can be a pain with enemies being damage sponges... especially with glitching achievements...).
Nox Mortiis
Nox Mortiis
Posted on 12 November 17 at 06:19
I had a lot of problems with achievements unlocking, but for whatever reason, once I got to the end of the main story they started unlocking normally. All of the DLC achievements unlocked for me with no problem as well. I'm not sure why, because I had huge problems with it earlier on. (And had to clean up a few that I did in NG+ after it all, but they all unlocked with no problem as well.)
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 12 November 17 at 18:55
I'm almost done with blood and wine and am level 45. I have a few of those annoying achievements involving killing in special ways like headshots and going to try and get everything I need so no detours in death march ng+.

On a side note, I have to delete my profile and clear the cache every 5 achievements... It's super bugged :/
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 12 November 17 at 19:29
The only achievement trouble I've had is with Geralt: The Professional. I've completed all contracts and nothing unlocked. Super bummed, as this means I'll probably have to replay the whole game, or at least a speed-run dedicated to Witcher contracts on NG+.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 13 November 17 at 01:36
I almost had the same problem. I had to backtrack 10 hours and redo 6 contracts to get the achievement. I got confused and thought the skelliges most wanted was part of the achievement too.

Overall, it's a pretty good game, but to anyone about to start the goty edition, follow the guide and make sure you know which achievements should unlock and when. Every achievement seems to be bugged and should be tagged as such.

When achievements stop unlocking for Me, I've found that deleting my profile, clearing blue ray persistent storage and resetting mac address is the only way to get some achievements to unlock.

The dressed to kill achievement unlocked for me, but I never got the notification from my pc with the Xbox app or on my phone through smart glass...
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 14 November 17 at 19:47
Welp, I just finished the Through Time and Space quest and no achievement. Amazing. I've played through this game without any issues until the Witcher contact achievement, and now this one. What the hell? This is tainting an otherwise amazing experience.
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 14 November 17 at 19:55
And what do you mean about deleting your profile, Ostrowidzki?
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 14 November 17 at 20:05
Update: I cleared my cache, performed a hard reset, and clear my MAC address. I reloaded my save right before I turned in the last witcher contract. Then I completed the quest, and the achievement for Geralt: The Professional unlocked. Well, that's progress. A pain in the ass, but progress.
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 14 November 17 at 20:09
Update 2: Reloaded my save from just before finishing Through Time and Space. This time the achievement unlocked. Thank goodness. I really enjoy this game, but I don't want to play through it all over again.
BlackxRyan
BlackxRyan
Posted on 15 November 17 at 20:28, Edited on 15 November 17 at 20:38 by BlackxRyan
So we must redo the achievements again ? That really sucks.

I'm surely going to do the game without caring about the achievements.
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 16 November 17 at 18:23
In the case of the witcher contracts, I only had to complete the last one for the achievement to unlock. I didn't even have to do the entire quest; I just reloaded my save right before I turned the quest in. The same was true for the Through Time and Space quest. I reloaded the autosave made just before completing the quest, and the achievement popped then. Up to this point, I had no trouble getting achievements to unlock.
Cellar Attic
Cellar Attic
Posted on 19 November 17 at 21:01
Had trouble again with the Munchkin (hit level 35) achievement. Applied the same strategy above and was able to get it unlocked. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to get the Collect Them All quest / achievement done for getting all the Gwent cards, but thankfully it unlocked today as well. It took A LOT of time, but I finally located the last merchant I somehow missed who sold cards. Bing!
Bazroy99
Bazroy99
Posted on 19 November 17 at 22:47
Not even “unmissable” achievements are unlocking for me, such a crock of crap.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.