Game Discussion: Trackmania Turbo Forum

Found it ....

AuthorMessage
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 08 November 17 at 01:24, Edited on 08 November 17 at 20:06 by halohogg
... the worst f'ing racing game on the planet! Worse than Project Cars. Controller breaker repeatedly, and continuously, in 27 second increments. A frustrating grind, track after track. No enjoyable qualities whatsoever. I'm going to close out the easy achievements that don't involve racing, and never come back. It's basically Mario Cart meets Dark Souls. Don't ever tease me with free GwG like this again. Controls are only ever overly sensitive or non-responsive. Tracks are inconsistent and riddled with unforgiving traps. Environment is an assault on the eyes. No redeeming qualities. Get me off this ride!
SpiralGamerpro
SpiralGamerpro
Posted on 08 November 17 at 01:27
This is the Dark Souls of Platformers
The people's champion! Well done for an amazing run, and for croaking with dignity. #TeamSporl4lyf - MalibuStacey85
ThreeHaddock62
Posted on 08 November 17 at 03:15
Except, from what I gather...Dark Souls is enjoyable.
Hola
coinfrenzy
coinfrenzy
Posted on 09 November 17 at 13:06
ThreeHaddock62 said:
Except, from what I gather...Dark Souls is enjoyable.
But very difficult as well lol
http://stores.ebay.com/coinfrenzyclaimsale IG-@COINFRENZYGAMES
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 12 November 17 at 12:59
laugh

Thanks for the ratio boost, anyway.
Here be dragons.
CubusPL
CubusPL
Posted on 13 November 17 at 01:08
You cannot tell that game is bad because it is challenging. For me that game is just hard, worth to complete because of its ratio :D
Panno92
Panno92
Posted on 13 November 17 at 07:36
I think that the game is just hard and challenging, it is not a common racing game,
you need to view it in a different way and yes... you need to destroy many controllers laugh
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 13 November 17 at 13:31, Edited on 13 November 17 at 13:32 by halohogg
Wyyvern said:
laugh

Thanks for the ratio boost, anyway.
Nice. I like that. Benefiting from the frustration of others. angry Well played. rock
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 13 November 17 at 16:33, Edited on 13 November 17 at 16:43 by Wyyvern
Yep, Trackmania is frustrating, that's the nature of this game (and difficult games in general).

I like racing games though, so I persevered. Managed to get to #160 before I got distracted by FH3, I need to go back and finish it someday.

The point of the matter is, this isn't an 'awful' game. It's pretty well made. If you find it too hard, just say that. No shame in admitting it.
Here be dragons.
halohogg
halohogg
Posted on 13 November 17 at 19:57
Ok you have enlightened me.
I don't like hard games (true).
I don't like getting shot a million times in FPS'ers.
I don't like getting jump scared in action horrors.
I hate tracks that can't be conquered with skill, because of random or unlucky environment induced events.
I hate repeating plat former levels a million times.

I'm more of a one time through, Action Adventure, Puzzler, Sim Racing, or Rock Band type gamer.

Anything outside that are "awful" games!!! smile
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 13 November 17 at 20:11
halohogg said:
I hate tracks that can't be conquered with skill, because of random or unlucky environment induced events.
But this isn't true though, is it? Some of the tracks in the Red Series took me about 30mins to 1hr to complete, but with each attempt I got closer and closer to finishing them. If it had nothing to do with skill and everything to do with luck, it would've been a different story.
Here be dragons.
DANIELJJ14
DANIELJJ14
Posted on 14 November 17 at 00:54
Wyyvern said:
halohogg said:
But this isn't true though, is it? Some of the tracks in the Red Series took me about 30mins to 1hr to complete, but with each attempt I got closer and closer to finishing them. If it had nothing to do with skill and everything to do with luck, it would've been a different story.
Also the environment never changes, there isn’t luck in levels. Sure there are lots of different environmental surfaces which change the way vehicles handle but every little rock that you might hit and flip out on is always in the exact same place you just have to learn to avoid it.

Yes it can be highly frustrating but it certainly doesn’t make it a bad game.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 14 November 17 at 03:48, Edited on 14 November 17 at 03:48 by planting42
Its not a bad game, its (for me at least, and likely others) frustratingly hard and very unhealthy for the longevity of my controllers. I've taken to playing it with an old 360 pad now (yes, there are dongles that let you use 360 hardware on the X1) so I'm OK with bashing the controller if need be. Its already had a hard life of "Banger Car Park Racing". laugh
https://www.trueachievements.com/event/GTASC-2017
VoxCalibre
VoxCalibre
Posted on 14 November 17 at 08:55
I like Trackmania Turbo. It's challenging sure, but I love a challenge. And it seems to flick the nostalgia switch by feeling like all those old arcade racing games from the 90s. Admittedly I haven't put a mass of time in yet so can't comment on the frustration levels later on in it but bring it :P
NismoR034
NismoR034
Posted on 14 November 17 at 10:11
Man, if Trackmania inspires this sort of reaction never play Assetto Corsa...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.