Game Discussion: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Forum

Similar Game Recommendations?

AuthorMessage
緑眼のイアン
Posted on 12 November 17 at 06:25
I just finished the game, all 2000 gamerscore. I loved this game, it was fantastic. I went and bought Witcher 2 just because I want more of the universe. I don't want to jump right into it though (I don't mind going backwards in a series, but I can't play the games back to back).

Anyhow, I'm really wanting another similar game. The genre doesn't really matter to me, just something with good story/acting/gameplay that's got a similar feel to this one.
Ostrowidzki1989
Posted on 12 November 17 at 18:47
Dark souls is close to death march, fallout nv, 3 and 4.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 13 November 17 at 14:56
Nox Mortiis said:
Anyhow, I'm really wanting another similar game. The genre doesn't really matter to me, just something with good story/acting/gameplay that's got a similar feel to this one.
I would recommend NIER. The game has great acting especially voice acting. The story is complex and profound. The game's atmosphere is phenomenal and hits you at a visceral level. The combat system is simpler than Witcher 3 but, like Witcher 3, is an action RPG. Nier is a game like no other. There are games I prefer to Nier but Nier has such an emotional impact that it remains one of the most memorable games I have ever played.

If you like horse riding, you might like Two Worlds. It's an older game and shows its age so it will suffer greatly in comparison to Witcher 3. If you play PC games, the Two Worlds Epic version has much better graphics and the horse riding is super smooth. The PC version does not include achievements though. The story and acting are solid but nowhere near the level of Witcher 3.

The open world game play is Two Worlds's claim to fame. You could easily spend a couple hundred hours enhancing equipment and weaponry and honing your combat skills. In fact, because of that, I wrote a walkthrough that provides a much simplified road map that allows for a 100% completion in 20-30 hours: Two Worlds Walkthrough. The walkthrough overview provides a lot of information about the game and a comparison to the PC Epic version in case you're interested.
filozofgizem
filozofgizem
Posted on 09 January 18 at 09:46
Dragon Age Inquisition!
Xelliz
Xelliz
Posted on 15 January 18 at 16:04
Finally started playing this game and to me I would think the Dragon Age series, Mass Effect series, The Elder Scrolls games and the Fallout series would be similar style/gameplay.
meesko
meesko
Posted on 30 December 18 at 21:54, Edited on 02 January 19 at 09:31 by meesko
interesting too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.