Game Discussion: Trove Forum

New DLC has appeared for Trove

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 14 November 17 at 18:01
The new DLC pack Adventures for Trove has 10 Achievements worth 300 Gamerscore
CodeMonkeysGuy
Posted on 14 November 17 at 18:49
Not entirely sure about the nature of some of these. Granted, I haven't played the game - but three achievements asking for the same thing seems... bizarre.
I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 14 November 17 at 18:59
HVAC Techie said:
Not entirely sure about the nature of some of these. Granted, I haven't played the game - but three achievements asking for the same thing seems... bizarre.
First 3 are same boss but different difficulties. Same thing for the second set of three. The last set of 3 for the gems is maxing one stat on one gem, all stats on one gem, all stats on all gems.

The game was already a ridiculous grind due to the 10k power and 300 mastery achievements, but this made it even worse. Farming for gem dust is the most boring part of the game by far.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 14 November 17 at 22:26, Edited on 14 November 17 at 22:26 by LV 1 Blue Slime
Za Pantsupati said:
all stats on all gems.
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

At ~200 mastery now and was thinking I was getting there, but I guess not.
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Dizyne
Dizyne
Posted on 14 November 17 at 22:59
I have the original retail 1k but not sure how difficult the Ultra shadow difficulty is, have not played in months
meow meow meow
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 15 November 17 at 01:03
Dizyne said:
I have the original retail 1k but not sure how difficult the Ultra shadow difficulty is, have not played in months
Carry me, senpai.

(Also, tips on 300 mastery?)
Doodler
Doodler
Posted on 15 November 17 at 08:40
Dizyne said:
I also have the original 1k, looking to get back into Trove if you wanted to join forces to smash out the new achievements dance
Bandit
Bandit
Posted on 15 November 17 at 18:03
Doodler said:
Dizyne said:
I also have the original 1k, looking to get back into Trove if you wanted to join forces to smash out the new achievements dance
same here bros. let's link up
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 15 November 17 at 18:42
I spent some time last night using all my dust and finally got right to 10k. Just need to farm a bit more blue and I'll be over. Then I can replace all these with Stellar gems and start grinding that out...
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 21 November 17 at 22:50
Anyone know how the gem achievements work? Can you max the stats on a level 1 stellar gem and have it count, or does it need to be leveled to 25?
"Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 22 November 17 at 12:32
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Anyone know how the gem achievements work? Can you max the stats on a level 1 stellar gem and have it count, or does it need to be leveled to 25?
Pretty sure you only need to max the %s with the "Focus" items. I don't think the actual level of the gem matters.
ZelinkTheOne
ZelinkTheOne
Posted on 22 November 17 at 22:50, Edited on 23 November 17 at 00:34 by ZelinkTheOne
Za Pantsupati said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
Pretty sure you only need to max the %s with the "Focus" items. I don't think the actual level of the gem matters.
I'm fairly certain that when I got it, I got it after making it level 25, not when I got the 3 stats at 100%.

Edit: Not to mention that the gems can't be at 'max' stats unless they are 25. ;p
Streaming games and achievement whoring: http://www.twitch.tv/zelink
Za Pantsupati
Za Pantsupati
Posted on 23 November 17 at 00:38
Ah, didn't realize the level also affected the stat %s. Thought you could brute force them to 100% just with the Focus items. God I hate this game, lol.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 23 November 17 at 03:12
ZelinkTheOne said:
Za Pantsupati said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
I'm fairly certain that when I got it, I got it after making it level 25, not when I got the 3 stats at 100%.

Edit: Not to mention that the gems can't be at 'max' stats unless they are 25. ;p
Sorry to be obtuse, but do you mean you got the achievement when you got the gem to 25, and NOT when you got the %s to 100 in the gem forge? Or do you mean you had to do both? If it's just level 25 that's not too bad...
ZelinkTheOne
ZelinkTheOne
Posted on 23 November 17 at 11:37
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
ZelinkTheOne said:
Za Pantsupati said:
LV 1 Blue Slime said:

Sorry to be obtuse, but do you mean you got the achievement when you got the gem to 25, and NOT when you got the %s to 100 in the gem forge? Or do you mean you had to do both? If it's just level 25 that's not too bad...
I got all 3 stats to 100% and the achievement didn't pop. I then finished making it level 25, achievement popped. All of my gems are 25, so I still need to get 100% on all of their stats.

@Za You can get them to 100%s first. But they won't be 'max' because level 25 holds the highest stat pool for every gem. So you could have a level 25 gem with 100% 3 stats, but those stats will still increase when you level the gem.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 24 November 17 at 22:34
Jesus. Probably just finish the main game and move on then. I only cared about getting my gems high enough to reach 10k PR, so the amount of gem dust I'd need to get the gem achievements would be astronomical. I'm not wasting that much time when I already have 100s of hours in this game. Thanks for the info though, ZelinkTheOne
ZelinkTheOne
ZelinkTheOne
Posted on 25 November 17 at 02:21
Yeah, it's not a grind many will do outside of people who mainly only play the game. The guy that has the achievement has nearly 3,000 hours in the game, so he was probably sitting on enough dust and decent gems to do it easily.

I'd say it takes maybe 3-5 hours to obtain 10% of progress for a gem stat in terms of dust (3,000 of each dust and 4,000 flux nets you the medium focus which gives you 2%, 3%, 2% 3%, etc.) So if you have 9 gems and each stat is around 60% built (You can have stats at 90%+ already, but also stats below 20%), it would take around 432 hours?
Bahaumaut
Bahaumaut
Posted on 26 November 17 at 07:23
Something to note is that looting the Empowered gems (the big ones) give you 1,000 dust for a Radiant (lesser, level 23 max) and 2,500 dust for Stellar (greater, lvl 25 max). Every week, 3 classes are chosen for the Leaderboards. If you can get them up to Power Level 5,000, each class can earn 3 Empowered gem boxes. If you have all classes, that's 9 boxes right there, every week.

Additionally, you get a fragment (2 for Stellar) when looting Empowered gems, and with 10 you can make a guaranteed-Stellar gem box, so that's more dust there.

End result, if you don't mind waiting, you can earn the dust you need over time by treating it as a daily log-in rather than grinding it all out.

Another tip, regarding getting to power-level 5K with your characters - if you have some high-powered gear and rings, you can shuffle them between classes to help give a quick boost for that week's leaderboard. You just need to have it equipped during the roll-over from Sunday->Monday, then swap it back out once you claim your rewards. The new DLC has some really nice ring upgrades, too. The best Stellar rings run about 900-1,000 PL, for instance.

You can also use a re-gemerator to remove a gem and apply to someone else, but this costs Cubits, and can get expensive. It's probably best just to put some of the better base gems you find onto the other classes, and boost up several levels to 10 or 15 for that big bonus boost towards the 5K PL. There's a minimum level required to equip those gems, but the bonus to your Mastery XP every level (+15) and the additional boosts at level 10 (+35) and 20 (+110) for each class can help you get to Mastery Level 300 sooner. So it's not a wasted effort to level up and gem up the other classes, too.
LV 1 Blue Slime
Posted on 02 January 18 at 23:46
I've been thinking about your post lately (pushing through Onigiri right now so I have an itch to finish up some MMOs). I was thinking you can also do the shadow tower weekly and use the hearts of the darkness from the caches to make the lesser ones, and the lunar souls on more gem boxes. Would probably takes months real-time doing it to get the achievement...but probably 10s or 100s less hours of in-game time compared to just grinding dust constantly. Sounds more like a job than fun, but it may be my only chance to dethrone Master Fisher in ESO as my highest ratio achievement so I can't pass it up laugh
ZelinkTheOne
ZelinkTheOne
Posted on 07 January 18 at 13:49
LV 1 Blue Slime said:
I've been thinking about your post lately (pushing through Onigiri right now so I have an itch to finish up some MMOs). I was thinking you can also do the shadow tower weekly and use the hearts of the darkness from the caches to make the lesser ones, and the lunar souls on more gem boxes. Would probably takes months real-time doing it to get the achievement...but probably 10s or 100s less hours of in-game time compared to just grinding dust constantly. Sounds more like a job than fun, but it may be my only chance to dethrone Master Fisher in ESO as my highest ratio achievement so I can't pass it up laugh
There are plenty of alternative ways yo go about the achievement, whether a long haul or short haul. I actually stopped grinding for the time being because I ran out of bound brilliance at one point.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.