Game Discussion: Need for Speed Payback Forum

Car stuck at 299. Can't progress.

AuthorMessage
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 15 November 17 at 01:19
So I've upgraded my off-road car to 299, and have the bonus for having all parts for the same brand, but I can't progress because the recommended rating is 335. I'm having trouble keeping up, much less winning.

I've tried to buy the parts directly, doing trade ins, and doing races over and over, but the game refuses to give me higher rated parts.

The game didn't give me trouble with any of my other cars.
RatedRonn13
RatedRonn13
Posted on 15 November 17 at 17:04
some cars have 299 limit, get a new one that is 399 and grind races :D in dealerships and tune-up shops you can see some cars LV goes to 300 others 400
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 16 November 17 at 00:53
D'oh! I wasted a lot of time and money to get this car above 299. I really liked this vehicle. It was the Land Rover Defender 110. It looked really sweet with the visual customization. Oh well.
Killersquirelz
Posted on 17 November 17 at 14:01
Derelicts are the only cars AFAIK that can go from 100 to 399. The rest of the lower ones have a cap. Plus, the higher level cars have better base stats anyway even with stock cards. The Koenigsegg I bought for one achievement, even though it had all stock 18 cards and was a few points lower than 399, was better than my GTR-Prem with colored 18's at 399.
APEX BlueSpade
Posted on 14 January 18 at 02:38
This is the first thing I’ve hated about this game. I wanted to use my Charger throughout the game.
www.xbox360achievements.com
RuthlessRemix
Posted on 14 February 18 at 23:41
Is the game worth playing? I just got it free with an Xbox One S bought. I liked the previous NFS game although I only got 1800GS on it. I was happy with that.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 22 February 18 at 07:22
RuthlessRemix said:
Is the game worth playing? I just got it free with an Xbox One S bought. I liked the previous NFS game although I only got 1800GS on it. I was happy with that.
I think this game is much better than the previous NFS game. If you've played any of the Forza Horizon games you'll like this. I've played almost all NFS games on the 360 and One on either this account or my previous one and this one is one of the best.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.