Game Discussion: The Sims 4

Save problems

• CrmsnsShdwCrmsnsShdw1,489,457
    Posted on 16 November 17 at 02:34
    There is a very bad glitch in this game, if you try to travel through manage worlds, everything you do after traveling will not save, even if you return home. You must travel using your cellphone in the bottom left corner. Click phone, right bumper, and then travel. You can return to your house by clicking the portrait also in the bottom left corner that will say go home.
  • Posted on 16 November 17 at 06:57
    This happened to me while going on a date with someone. Once in the town area saving in it or back at home was not working anymore. Either after accepting a date invite or asking to go out on a date made this glitch occur. Basically every time you were past the loading screen to a town area.

A hard reset helped to make the save system work again but of course you're getting kicked back to your most recent save.
  • CrmsnsShdwCrmsnsShdw1,489,457
    Posted on 16 November 17 at 14:52
    Yeah, once the save glitch hits you have to close out the game completely (click on the name and hit quit on the home screen) to be able to save again. Hopefully this gets fixed. I know my wife got glitched as well when her sim went on a date. We haven't found a work around on that yet.
  • Azrael008ukAzrael008uk315,811
    Posted on 18 November 17 at 23:54
    Thanks for that buddy.

Now I understand what happened with my game and how to avoid it in the future.
  • RylaiaRylaia193,654
    Posted on 19 November 17 at 11:42
    If this happens again there is a workaround

Go to 'manage worlds', click the 'just go without saving' option and once you're in the worlds screen, hit start and 'exit to main menu', again clicking the 'without saving' option.

Once you're back at the main menu, click load save and load the autosave, not a manual one. This will enable you to save again also without losing progress.

All credit goes to @ALECIANFLI226 over on EA's support board.
  • rockinroostersrockinroosters2,871,299
    Posted on 19 November 17 at 12:40
    Are we entitled to a refund if we purchased a digital copy, due to their incompetence?
  • Posted on 27 November 17 at 08:48
    I haven't seen an update for the game yet and all my saves keep messing up cry
    Gaming 4 Life
  • MegsonGroveMegsonGrove472,716
    Posted on 29 November 17 at 21:17
    My saves seem to keep going back one, to the save I made before last lol I don't have any patch downloading yet either :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads