The Bargain Bin Forum

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Black Friday Sales Roundup

AuthorMessage
Knoell
Knoell
Posted on 19 November 17 at 20:01, Edited on 19 November 17 at 20:02 by Knoell
TenFootBunny said:
I was SO excited about Sniper Elite 3, then I noticed that the "Ultimate" Edition doesn't include the Hitler DLC, which costs another $8 and ISN'T on sale. I also just learned that the DLC in question wasn't even on the disc version of this so-called-ultimate rip-off.

That's just shady and low. So there went one of the three games I was planning to buy in the sale - no way am I purchasing an incomplete package marketing itself otherwise. "Ultimate" my fluffy bunny butt.
It doesn't say complete edition. It says ultimate edition. I would say that an ultimate edition containing 9 DLC packs or whatever is probably packed with more content than the base game, which is why it is an ultimate edition.

I understand you realize that, which is why you aren't buying it, but they aren't marketing it as a complete edition, that is your own interpretation that you are putting on the collection based on your own preconceived notions that "ultimate" = "complete"
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 19 November 17 at 20:44
HolyHalfDead said:
FatalTortoise said:
The fallout 4 season pass being $5 more than the GOTY edition is a tad ludicrous
The season pass is $5 less than the GOTYE. Just how much does a second hand copy of Fallout 4 go for on eBay these days?
I got a Like New from Amazon for $10, though I admit that's probably an outlier on the bell curve. But $5 extra to save a bunch of time downloading? Good deal for me.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 19 November 17 at 22:23
Does anyone have an opinion on Late Shift? It seems like a unique play certainly, but I'm wondering if anything else would justify a purchase.
KenH2k4
KenH2k4
Posted on 19 November 17 at 22:39
xPut Name Herex said:
Does anyone have an opinion on Late Shift? It seems like a unique play certainly, but I'm wondering if anything else would justify a purchase.
It plays like watching a low budget indie film with a semi-decent story. I think I paid around $10 and it was worth that for me. I played once on my own then followed the walkthrough and it didn't overstay its welcome. I will probably never go back to it after completion though.
Sera Di Siah
Sera Di Siah
Posted on 19 November 17 at 23:39
Some nice sales in here, bought like 6 easy 1000G's. On the fence about Skyrim Special Edition... I REALLY want it but already have so many games... probably never get around to actually playing it.
'Eyes up, Guardian'
Wardieshire
Wardieshire
Posted on 20 November 17 at 03:06
Decent sale for me, picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider 20YC, Walking Dead Season 3, Dying Light The Following, Halo Wars Definitive Edition and the Wolfenstein Double Pack so far!
HolyHalfDead
HolyHalfDead
Posted on 20 November 17 at 03:25
Sera Di Siah said:
... I REALLY want it but already have so many games...
so true, but it took me many years to realise it. Now I will only buy a game in a sale if I am able to start it right away, I am not adding anything more to the backlog, no exceptions :P

Right now I am keeping an eye on Fallout 4 GOTYE (not in a position to start the DLC right now, so I will wait as it will be $20 this time next year), XCOM 2 Complete (yet to be released), Destiny 2 The Collection (couple more years for that one), Halo Wars 2 Complete, AC Origins Gold, Forza Motorsport 7 Deluxe.

I have plenty of great games that I own that I haven't started but want to - Witcher 2 & 3, Deus Ex HR & MD, Halo MCC, Dragon Age 1, 2 & Inquisition + all DLC, Metro (all of them), Riddick, Skyrim Dragonborn, Far Cry 3, Saints Row 3 & 4, Dungeon Siege III + DLC, TC Splinter Cell DA & C, Red Faction G & A + DLC, not to mention pretty much every GwG since the scheme started. So you can see I REALLY have enough to keep me happy through 2018 and into 2019!

I did get FH3 Hot Wheels this week, and started it straight away :)
He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
coinfrenzy
coinfrenzy
Posted on 20 November 17 at 06:42
Already got fill on these deals. 20+ new games for less than $60laugh
http://stores.ebay.com/coinfrenzyclaimsale IG-@COINFRENZYGAMES
JackTheCreeper
Posted on 20 November 17 at 06:50
Just picked up Planet of the Eyes and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Gotta love Bing Rewards!
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 20 November 17 at 09:14
xPut Name Herex said:
I thought the story was decent enough, but it really shines when taking into account its "choose your own adventure" design.
J0K3RW1NS
J0K3RW1NS
Posted on 20 November 17 at 10:13
Deffinatly going to grab the Mafia seasons pass!
That's a great price for that 😁

Might grab a couple others as well.
Great sale for me!
J0K3RW1NS
FatalTortoise
FatalTortoise
Posted on 20 November 17 at 13:13
Rhyolitic said:
HolyHalfDead said:
FatalTortoise said:
The fallout 4 season pass being $5 more than the GOTY edition is a tad ludicrous
The season pass is $5 less than the GOTYE. Just how much does a second hand copy of Fallout 4 go for on eBay these days?
I got a Like New from Amazon for $10, though I admit that's probably an outlier on the bell curve. But $5 extra to save a bunch of time downloading? Good deal for me.
you only save downloading the base game, the goty edition is just the base game+season pass download code
Chalo BR
Chalo BR
Posted on 20 November 17 at 15:26
Apparently the deals expire in 9 hours. Is this accurate or will they continue through Thanksgiving?
LC BR
LC BR
Posted on 20 November 17 at 17:10
Just suggestion. It would be nice to have the list ordered by games without grouping in dlc, bundle, base game. I keep scrolling back and forth to compare the base game and possible bundle offers.
FeudalHyper Guy
Posted on 20 November 17 at 22:33
BadMotor said:
One of these days that Wildlands DLC will go on sale without being bundled with the game.. cry
This, but Black Ops 3 Zombie Chronicles.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 21 November 17 at 01:57
I need the TA Playlist vote to come in before Assassin's Creed Origins goes off sale.
JumboWario
JumboWario
Posted on 21 November 17 at 02:08
Lot of Windows 10 stuff that isn't on this list.

JumboWario's blog post - Windows 10 Black Friday Sales & Specials [November 21-28, 2017]
Game On.
coinfrenzy
coinfrenzy
Posted on 22 November 17 at 10:37
LC BR said:
Just suggestion. It would be nice to have the list ordered by games without grouping in dlc, bundle, base game. I keep scrolling back and forth to compare the base game and possible bundle offers.
Good Tip!
http://stores.ebay.com/coinfrenzyclaimsale IG-@COINFRENZYGAMES
PsychicChicken
Posted on 23 November 17 at 04:08
I've just bought Mafia III and a few indie titles. Now I'm left with a $10 credit (bing rewards) and a few games that I can't decide between. FFXV, Rise of the Tomb Raider & Witcher 3. The prices on these games haven't been lower but I won't get to playing them until closer to spring (if even then). I'd hate to buy one of them now and end up seeing a better price before then. I don't know what to do!
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 23 November 17 at 04:25, Edited on 23 November 17 at 04:26 by Rhyolitic
PsychicChicken said:
I've just bought Mafia III and a few indie titles. Now I'm left with a $10 credit (bing rewards) and a few games that I can't decide between. FFXV, Rise of the Tomb Raider & Witcher 3. The prices on these games haven't been lower but I won't get to playing them until closer to spring (if even then). I'd hate to buy one of them now and end up seeing a better price before then. I don't know what to do!
$20 for Witcher 3 GOTY is probably the best you're ever going to see.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.