Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Sims 4 Patch Fixes Saving Issues

AuthorMessage
DamnSilly
DamnSilly
Posted on 23 November 17 at 15:54
Put simply, "saves are better now"

Please click here to read the story: The Sims 4 Patch Fixes Saving Issues
Lord Von Chimp
Posted on 23 November 17 at 16:17, Edited on 23 November 17 at 16:17 by Lord Von Chimp
Admittedly, can't say I noticed the save problem at all, both me and my partner have been playing this since day one!

Hoping they rejig the controls though, they work, but have a steep learning curve, feels like trying to get a square peg into a round hole sometimes
redjarman
redjarman
Posted on 23 November 17 at 17:12
Darth Chimp said:
Admittedly, can't say I noticed the save problem at all, both me and my partner have been playing this since day one!

Hoping they rejig the controls though, they work, but have a steep learning curve, feels like trying to get a square peg into a round hole sometimes
can you describe what the problem is with the controls? I've seen many people say they're bad, but nobody says WHY. It's the one thing preventing me from buying the game right now, but if I can get a good description of it, maybe I'll get it anyway
ImmaSuperVidel
Posted on 23 November 17 at 17:22
redjarman said:
Darth Chimp said:

can you describe what the problem is with the controls? I've seen many people say they're bad, but nobody says WHY. It's the one thing preventing me from buying the game right now, but if I can get a good description of it, maybe I'll get it anyway
I've played for maybe a few hours or so and can give my input.

When you load up the game, you make your sim. The cursor is literally a PC cursor of sorts and while trying to adjust how your face, body, etc. looks, the cursor tends to slide all over the place rather fast while giving little pressure on the stick. The same goes in game. Remember how in Sims 3 you could always have your "Needs" tab opened up with no issue at all? You can't do that in Sims 4 (at least for console) so that was another issue I personally had with the game. The cursor issue isn't too bad in general gameplay but can get annoying if you're trying to move the camera around. On top of this, some things are odd. Ex. I believe if you held B and moved LS at the same time the camera would snap to the center (correct me if I am wrong). I only played the game for 3 days or so as I signed it out of work. I enjoyed it but can see why people think the controls need an improvement. Personally, it didn't bug me too much. If its worth it to you, I'd pick it up on Black Friday as it is going on sale.
The Big McShane
Posted on 23 November 17 at 19:03, Edited on 23 November 17 at 19:04 by The Big McShane
For me the controls are just fine. I've put in just under 72 hours and have yet to find an issue with them.

Remember how in Sims 3 you could always have your "Needs" tab opened up with no issue at all? You can't do that in Sims 4 (at least for console) so that was another issue I personally had with the game.
You can keep the needs (or any tab) open. Once opened, press the right stick in and then push B to move the cursor about.

I believe if you held B and moved LS at the same time the camera would snap to the center.
Holding B and moving the left stick pans the camera around. It doesn't center it. That'd be right stick in to center the camera.
mydefposse
mydefposse
Posted on 23 November 17 at 22:01
Played for about 45 hours and controls are absolutely fine now. It just takes a while to get used to them that's all.

Never had this save problem. But does anyone else find the sims take so long to react to your commands? It's like "I pressed go pee ten seconds ago and you're still just standing there?!" (on x3 speed too) annoying.
ImmaSuperVidel
Posted on 23 November 17 at 22:11
The Big McShane said:
For me the controls are just fine. I've put in just under 72 hours and have yet to find an issue with them.

Remember how in Sims 3 you could always have your "Needs" tab opened up with no issue at all? You can't do that in Sims 4 (at least for console) so that was another issue I personally had with the game.
You can keep the needs (or any tab) open. Once opened, press the right stick in and then push B to move the cursor about.

I believe if you held B and moved LS at the same time the camera would snap to the center.
Holding B and moving the left stick pans the camera around. It doesn't center it. That'd be right stick in to center the camera.
Thank you for correcting me! I honestly had no clue. Shows you how much I played the game (probably for 5hrs or less). The whole needs tab will definitely help me out when I go and actually buy it. I had no clue you could keep it open and was getting irritated I had to keep opening and closing it laugh
Lord Von Chimp
Posted on 24 November 17 at 12:05
It's really hard to explain what I don't like about the controls, they just feel very unfriendly towards a pad, it's set up for a mouse plain and simple,

you get used to them, so don't let that alone stop a purchase of a fun game. Just they needed redesigning for a control pad, feels like no effort was put towards it during a port.
KGI Klikopedia
Posted on 27 November 17 at 07:58
play since day 2 not had any save issues, been lucky then
Mixer & YT: KlikoTV | Twitter: @Klikopedia
xLil SheWolfx
xLil SheWolfx
Posted on 27 November 17 at 08:52, Edited on 28 November 17 at 15:16 by xLil SheWolfx
So far nothing has been corrected for me.....I guess I have to uninstall and reinstall angry

**UPDATE**

I Uninstalled and Reinstalled the game nothing has been fixed my saves are still bugging out I'm beyond peeved off at this point.
Gaming 4 Life
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.