The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox 360 Sale Roundup: November 28th, 2017

• x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,067,597
    Posted on 29 November 17 at 08:22, Edited on 29 November 17 at 08:27 by x Mataeus xPermalink
    I remember a few 360 games coming out with "60hz only" on the packaging. A bit like those old "hard drive required" stickers.

Hitman Blood Money was one of those games which only worked at 60 on PAL screens - I remember having to plug a composite cable in, change the settings on the dashboard to "allow 60hz" and then go back to the other cable (which removed the option as it auto detected the output type). Worked from then on no problem.

Ridiculous.

Just took a photo from the back of my trilogy box - states it there too:

https://imgur.com/a/wPCfT
  • Posted on 29 November 17 at 12:09Permalink
    I have several older titles where the box says that, but they still work with HDMI out of the box without needing to mess about swapping cables.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle887,174
    Posted on 29 November 17 at 15:51, Edited on 29 November 17 at 15:52 by ShinnizlePermalink
    FullNietzsche said:
    Yes. It's still stupid though. Most old 360 PAL games which had a 50/60 option will observe the dashboard setting and choose that automatically. Even when the 360 released in 2005, hardly anyone in Europe would have had a TV which wasn't capable of 60Hz, so even having a 50Hz option was redundant. To make it output only via the composite cable by default is absurd.
    Oh, I don't disagree that it is stupid laugh I was just pointing out what I think is the issue.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • flubberfudgeflubberfudge605,434
    Posted on 29 November 17 at 17:26Permalink
    Can we have a vote on adding completion percentages right next to the games listed? I think that would be really awesome instead of having to click on a game to see it. Y’know what I mean, I have no power on this site but maybe someone that does can let it be heard
    Colton
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm374,596
    Posted on 29 November 17 at 19:52, Edited on 29 November 17 at 19:53 by AllgorhythmPermalink
    flubberfudge said:
    Can we have a vote on adding completion percentages right next to the games listed? I think that would be really awesome instead of having to click on a game to see it. Y’know what I mean, I have no power on this site but maybe someone that does can let it be heard
    Sure, you have power as a TA member. Just use the Site Wishlist Forum to make your suggestion. This establishes a thread that people can vote on. If people show support, the idea will gain traction and be implemented.

Before you post your suggestion, do a quick search of Site Wishlist Forum and Site Wishlist - Archive Forum. This is just to make sure the idea has not already been proposed. It keeps the message board organized and makes sure that voting is not fragmented between several threads. If your idea has already been proposed, you can join the existing discussion and vote to show your support.
  • AlahertAlahert768,580
    Posted on 30 November 17 at 19:37Permalink
    Finally some decent sales!
    DARK 777
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.