Xbox One Forum

Forum for Xbox One related discussions

December Xbox Quests and Game Pass Goals

AuthorMessage
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 01 December 17 at 08:30, Edited on 03 December 17 at 02:18 by xPut Name Herex
Xbox Quests:
This month's quests:
Add Xbox Live Gold to Home
Play 10 hours of online multiplayer
Add 10 new friends
Completing all three gifts earns you a "Mystery Gift" with approximate retail value $10) and a sweepstakes entry for a Samsung 55" QLED 4K TV.

The Xbox Quests competition is offered only to residents of the United States.

Game Pass Goals:
This month simply asks you to use your Game Pass, a lot:
Play a Game Pass game on :
5 different days to win a Mystery Gift
15 different days to win an Ultimate Mystery Gift
25 different days to win an Ultimate Mystery Gift and a sweepstakes entry for a 24-karat gold plated Project Scorpio Edition Xbox One X
In order to count as a "day" the game(s) must be played for at least 30 minutes. I don't know when the day starts, but the promotion starts and end based on PST (UTC-8), so that might be the safest bet.

"Mystery Gift" has an approximate retail value of $5 USD, "Ultimate Mystery Gift" has an approximate value of $10 USD.

Game Pass Goals are open to residents of the United States and United Kingdom.

This post does not substitute for terms and conditions for either contest. Please consult the official terms and conditions if you are unsure about anything stated in the post and subsequent thread.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 01 December 17 at 13:00, Edited on 01 December 17 at 13:01 by alklein92201
Thanks for posting this and last month. I have no idea where to find these, is there any way to see my progress? It'd be nice to know Microsoft was actually properly tracking my progress last month.

Also, what does "Add Xbox LIVE Gold to Home" mean.
#mentallypudding
Camello Delgado
Posted on 01 December 17 at 15:40
alklein92201 said:
Thanks for posting this and last month. I have no idea where to find these, is there any way to see my progress? It'd be nice to know Microsoft was actually properly tracking my progress last month.

Also, what does "Add Xbox LIVE Gold to Home" mean.
Also wondering what that quest means.
SLICK TONY
SLICK TONY
Posted on 01 December 17 at 17:11
has anyone had a message yet about last month? absolutely nailed the retro games and definitely hit at least 5 hours but no message yet?
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 01 December 17 at 18:12
Q&A time:
Where do you find these?
Both Xbox Quests and Game Pass Goals are found (at minimum) in the subscriptions store page on the console. They can also be found in a normal web browser (at least the rules can).

Subscription have their own store pages now?
They do indeed. The guaranteed way of finding them is to go to "My Games and Apps", scroll to "Memberships", and then select the icon for the membership you have. The Xbox Quest will be in the right column of the top row of the Gold page, and the Game Pass Goal will be the first item in the top row.

It is also possible to get to these pages in other ways. XBL Gold's page for example has been prominently placed next to your recent games/apps on the home dashboard recently.

Can I see my progress?
Nope, none of the quests/goals have their progress tracked for you to see. Microsoft is well aware of this, as they specifically mention it in contest pages, and see fit not to change it for the time being.

I qualified but didn't get my prize?
Prizes typically don't go out until around 10 business days (Monday-Friday, excluding any major holidays) after the month ends, although the official rules give allow for the prizes to be delivered as late as four weeks after the month ends. If you win a sweepstakes, you should be contacted through email. Everyone else will get a message from Xbox Live directly to their Gamertag.

NOTE: These messages can and have been sent when you are offline, and don't trigger notifications correctly in such instances. So ensure you manually check your messages from Xbox Live if others have received their prizes but you haven't yet.

That's great and all, but you still haven't answered all my questions
Stop being impatient alklein, I'm getting there.

What is the "Add Xbox LIVE Gold to Home" task for December?
With the Fall Update for One, Microsoft introduced "customization" to the home page of the dashboard. This is a garbage description of what it actually is. From your home page of the dashboard, scroll all the way down until you hit the bottom, at which point a section titled "Add More" will be shown. This allows you to add more tabs to the bottom of the home page. XBL Gold will likely be one of the recommended boxes to add, so just click that. If not, click "See all suggestions" and then "From Xbox", and it will be there.

Admittedly, this does at least make getting to GwG and future Xbox Quests/Game Pass Goals mildly easier to get to.

Anything else I should know?
Don't bother going for Xbox Quests without an active Gold subscription, or Game Pass Goals without an active Game Pass subscription. The progress during that time won't count, even if you subscribe later. Prizes will only go to people who have an active Xbox Live account for Quests, or an active Game Pass subscription (trial or paid) for Goals on the last day of the month. If your subscriptions runs out before the end of the month and you don't re-up, you won't get the prize even if you complete the tasks.

Thanks!
By reading these words, you are contractually obligated to pay me a vast sum of 1,000,000 bitcoins. Failure to do so will result in the knowledge you learned something from a person on the internet whom you didn't bother to thank, which is a fate worse than death.
alklein92201
alklein92201
Posted on 01 December 17 at 19:59
xPut Name Herex said:
That's great and all, but you still haven't answered all my questions
Stop being impatient alklein, I'm getting there.
Damn, you know me so well!

By reading these words, you are contractually obligated to pay me a vast sum of 1,000,000 bitcoins. Failure to do so will result in the knowledge you learned something from a person on the internet whom you didn't bother to thank, which is a fate worse than death.
That's fine, I have more than plenty because I bought heavily into Bitcoin a long time ago.

Oh wait, no I didn't, because I though $150/coin was too expensive and only an idiot would pay that cry
#mentallypudding
DrunkLastKnight
Posted on 02 December 17 at 17:24
Just pin the gold section on your home page

Figuring out what to do about add 10 new friends lol
TsC PoLiTiKz
TsC PoLiTiKz
Posted on 02 December 17 at 19:38
Feel free to add me, DrunkLastKnight! Gonna have to find 10 myself lol
brinn231
brinn231
Posted on 03 December 17 at 02:05
You meant December game pass goals right?
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 03 December 17 at 02:18
Copy-pasting format led to that mistake. Nice catch.
Living Legends
Posted on 03 December 17 at 02:29, Edited on 03 December 17 at 02:31 by Living Legends
We should get this implemented like the GwG or Game pass news.

Thanks for the explanation and details PNH
Symbiiance
Symbiiance
Posted on 03 December 17 at 19:34
trying to figure out how to pin the gold section to home. how do I do that?
DrunkLastKnight
Posted on 04 December 17 at 07:59
Go to your home and scroll down to the bottom there should be an add more option, gold should be one of the suggestions
bertm1975
bertm1975
Posted on 04 December 17 at 14:29
For those asking about when the messages will appear about what you won, it’s between the 10th- 15th of the month. Keep an eye on your Xbox Live messages on the dashboard or on the mobile app.

So far I've got Transformers 1, month of Xbox Gold, and a Shark card for GTA5.
GeeJay
GeeJay
Posted on 06 December 17 at 14:01
Feel free to add me if you like. I'll be adding people in this thread to complete the quest.
Geometric Cube
Posted on 06 December 17 at 14:17
Looking to add people as well for this quest. Just send me an invite and I will accept.
Cat Mummy
Cat Mummy
Posted on 07 December 17 at 04:49
Add me as well.
Project A KO
Project A KO
Posted on 07 December 17 at 07:38
Send me an invite to complete this quest and I will accept as well.
Wise Owl 2000
Wise Owl 2000
Posted on 07 December 17 at 17:07
xPut Name Herex said:
Q&A time:
Where do you find these?
Both Xbox Quests and Game Pass Goals are found (at minimum) in the subscriptions store page on the console. They can also be found in a normal web browser (at least the rules can).

Subscription have their own store pages now?
They do indeed. The guaranteed way of finding them is to go to "My Games and Apps", scroll to "Memberships", and then select the icon for the membership you have. The Xbox Quest will be in the right column of the top row of the Gold page, and the Game Pass Goal will be the first item in the top row.

It is also possible to get to these pages in other ways. XBL Gold's page for example has been prominently placed next to your recent games/apps on the home dashboard recently.
I took out the 14 day trial in November & the £1 Game Pass offer on the 28th November, but I've not seen any tile/app under Membership/Game Pass screens; relating to the Game Pass Goals.

Can anybody from the UK, post a link to a photo of what I should be seeing?
Usagi
Usagi
Posted on 10 December 17 at 22:49
Did anyone get a prize yet? I'm adding everyone as well.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.