TA Playlist Forum

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Assassin's Creed Origins Discussion - Spoiler Free

AuthorMessage
Posted on 01 December 17 at 14:05
Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to ask questions about Assassin's Creed Origins, report in as you make your way through the game for the first time, and otherwise keep it all spoiler-free in here.
Allgorhythm
235,136
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 December 17 at 14:49
There is an on-going discussion about the ACO genre. I'm on the genre team and haven't weighed in yet because I was waiting for December to start the game so I could fully participate in the Playlist. If you're so inclined, I would welcome you to assess the game as you play and contribute to the genre discussion in this thread:

Assassin's Creed Origins Multi-Genre Discussion

I will also be monitoring both this thread and the spoiler thread to pick up on any genre-related contributions.
alklein92201
424,374
alklein92201
Posted on 01 December 17 at 15:19
So, I'm debating whether to buy the game yet. I still haven't played Syndicate or the majority of Unity, but I've completed all other AC games. Is there any real ongoing story that makes a real difference whether I've finished all the prior games first?

I know Black Flag's modern day story seemed like it might go somewhere, but don't recall it getting any real continuation with Rogue or my progress in Unity. A couple characters have made cameos since the end of 3, but is there really a story still?
#mentallypudding
Allgorhythm
235,136
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 December 17 at 15:22
alklein92201 said:
So, I'm debating whether to buy the game yet. I still haven't played Syndicate or the majority of Unity, but I've completed all other AC games. Is there any real ongoing story that makes a real difference whether I've finished all the prior games first?

I know Black Flag's modern day story seemed like it might go somewhere, but don't recall it getting any real continuation with Rogue or my progress in Unity. A couple characters have made cameos since the end of 3, but is there really a story still?
I played the early games on the PC but AC games started coming out faster than I could play them. I'm figuring that since this game's title is Origins that its content will not be dependent on preceding games.
EnigmaScorpio
305,947
EnigmaScorpio
Posted on 01 December 17 at 16:01
I haven't played Assassin's Creed since the third one where I was getting burned out from the series. Looking forward to jumping back into one especially with the Egypt setting which I had hoped they would do one day.
Allgorhythm
235,136
Allgorhythm
Posted on 01 December 17 at 16:05
EnigmaScorpio said:
I haven't played Assassin's Creed since the third one where I was getting burned out from the series. Looking forward to jumping back into one especially with the Egypt setting which I had hoped they would do one day.
Yes. The ancient Egyptian setting is one of the selling points.
Gamrr4Life
154,325
Gamrr4Life
Posted on 01 December 17 at 16:25, Edited on 01 December 17 at 16:26 by Gamrr4Life
Played AC 1, 2, Revelations, Brotherhood, 3, Syndicate, and now Origins.

Pros:
* Origins' story is the best since Ezio, by far. Bayek is very interesting and fun to play.
* The world feels a LOT bigger than 2 or even Syndicate.
* Challenges seem to accommodate less stealthy approaches more than previous titles.
* No moving collectibles (e.g. flying pages from 3).

Cons
* Costs $.
* Is more AC, if you hate AC, don't know that it will suck you in.
JeDiMlnDTrlcks
Posted on 01 December 17 at 16:48
I still have to do Rogue, Black Flag X1, Unity, Syndicate and Ezio Collection before I touch this. Also, I want to play it straight on an XOX with a 4k tv.
A Dreadful Shot
Posted on 01 December 17 at 17:46
Big fan of the Assassin’s Creed series, will be neat to see what they do with this installment. I haven’t seen much of the gameplay but it looks to me like more of a Dark Souls-esque RPG, can’t see where that could go wrong.
SuperTigerWoods
Posted on 01 December 17 at 18:10
Only missing Syndicate. Maybe I can blow through the story really quickly so I can get to Origins this month and then go back and clean it up later...
#AncoraUnPezzoDiMerda
Daedski
267,335
Daedski
Posted on 01 December 17 at 18:22
Finished the full 1000G for this game yesterday and loved it from start to finish. Will be the first AC game in a long time where I'll be getting the DLC as an excuse to jump back in.
Divinefury21790
Posted on 01 December 17 at 18:28
Simply put I would say Origins is a must buy for any AC fans that feel they may have been falling out of love with the series. The games visuals are amazing and I felt the story kept me interested and wanting to carry on, all the way through. Like others have said I can not wait for the DLC.

Plus if DLC is not your thing AC origins is a complete story without it, which in its self is becoming rarer these days.
Jay Insomniak
989,316
Jay Insomniak
Posted on 01 December 17 at 18:55
I'm so far behind on the series. The latest mainline game I completed the story on was Rogue. It will be a long time before I'm ready for Origins. Hopefully I find the time next year to catch up.
My favourite colour is red
Stealth David
1,524,548
Stealth David
Posted on 01 December 17 at 19:44
I heard good things about this game
Follow me on Twitter for giveaways @StealthDavid
StormyAsh0450
100,843
StormyAsh0450
Posted on 01 December 17 at 20:55
I played the early ones on other platforms, but have backlogged from Black Flag onward since moving to XBox. I guess I was too burnt out on them to start up again. This definitely looks like the most interesting in recent memory. I have so little time to game in December however so will probably only get to read about it in this thread.

It's going on my Christmas list at least.
Dresden N7
254,607
Dresden N7
Posted on 01 December 17 at 20:59
Divinefury21790 said:
Simply put I would say Origins is a must buy for any AC fans that feel they may have been falling out of love with the series. The games visuals are amazing and I felt the story kept me interested and wanting to carry on, all the way through. Like others have said I can not wait for the DLC.

Plus if DLC is not your thing AC origins is a complete story without it, which in its self is becoming rarer these days.
I am definitely in this category, but I feel like I would need to wait for my 4K upgrade next spring in order to enjoy the visuals to their fullest. For those playing on 4K and HDR televisions, how are the resolution bump and more lifelike colors?
TearsOfAClown9
Posted on 01 December 17 at 21:16
I just bought the X1X on Amazon this morning & really wanting to get this game too. How's the 4k for this game. Is it as good as I've heard?
Osmo76
419,308
Osmo76
Posted on 01 December 17 at 21:44
Happy gaming to all! I'd love to participate as I am a hardcore AC fan, but sadly my cheapskate a$$ hasn't bought the X1 yet. :P Oh well, I guess playing Metro 2033 and possibly getting the Explorer and Enlightened achievements is just as fun... roll
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 01 December 17 at 21:51
Heard positive things about this game but I need to play Syndicate first.
This post might be sarcastic.
Brasshande
506,690
Brasshande
Posted on 01 December 17 at 21:52
Definitely looks a good installment in the series, i might well get this one this month to take part in this Playlist
D'yuz gan at death speed?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.