The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: December 5th, 2017

• Posted on 05 December 17 at 14:31
    Moo, thanks for clarifying. smile
    Looking for writers for gamingirl.com. PM me for more information.
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,327,898
    Posted on 05 December 17 at 16:29
    Goggs25 said:
    The only issue I have with horizion 2 is it might not install. I had the disc version of the game and that would only install 40% before stopping or if I said to install update 1st it would install 56% before stopping I am not paying £30 for a game that might not install
    I don't think it would be an issue if you got it digitally. Odds are it's a damaged disc. The only time I've had a disc stop installing is when I tried to download the update at the same time but since you said you tried to install it without the update it still didn't work. You shouldn't have that issue if you're downloading it digitally.
  • KenH2k4KenH2k4594,255
    Posted on 05 December 17 at 16:34
    EvilBilboXBL said:
    Can you not send notifications for when my DLC wishlist items are on sale but aren't actually on sale? I'm waiting for Worms: Alien Invasion to go on sale and really don't care when it's part of a bundle that's on sale.
    If you set a price alert I think it'll do what you want with that. It should only email you if that specific product drops to the price you set or goes on sale. That could be incorrect, but I think that's how it works
  • Posted on 05 December 17 at 17:50
    It would be nice if you could gift games from a bundle to someone. Really would like to get Inside on sale, but don't want a third copy of Limbo...If I could buy the bundle, then gift Limbo to one of my friends I would buy the bundle right away because then it won't feel like I'm wasting part of a purchase on a game I don't want because I've played it many times before.
  • Posted on 05 December 17 at 18:03
    Never gonna happen, sadly. People over on Steam have been requesting this for ages, and they kept it as it is.
  • Toca1FTWToca1FTW507,134
    Posted on 05 December 17 at 18:40
    Twinkling82 said:
    Never gonna happen, sadly. People over on Steam have been requesting this for ages, and they kept it as it is.
    Some rare occasions you did get giftable copies when you already owned a game from a bundle (mostly Valve games). (You can't even buy giftable copies any more because of the regional pricing debacle)

What does happen on Steam now though is bundle prices are pro rated based on which games you already own.

Here's an example of one on now called "Might & Delight Bundle":

Base price;
    Price of individual products: £84.00
    Bundle discount: 50%
    Your cost: £41.90
    Here's what you save by buying this bundle: £42.10

My price, owning 2 games, both £6.99 full price;
    Individual price of the 18 items you don't already have: £68.92
    Bundle discount: 50%
    Your cost: £34.37
    Here's what you save by buying this bundle: £34.55
  • Posted on 05 December 17 at 21:56
    Wish the Hoonigan Pack in FH3 would go on sale just once.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • Posted on 05 December 17 at 22:45
    Is there anyone who regularly buys games who hasn't bought and played the Metro games yet? I mean, they're so often on sale that I'm tooking pity on them.

Perhaps they should do like TTG and release another version of the game slightly changing brightness and contrast and with (the same) new achievements to motivate us all to replay them.
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
  • Posted on 05 December 17 at 22:46
    Ok, so steam started to make it viable for the heavy-buyers/whales on their platform.
  • Posted on 05 December 17 at 22:52
    Achilles8249 said:
    For Forza horizon 2, do you need the car pass to complete the game?
    You only need the Porsche Expansion & Storm Island.
  • Posted on 06 December 17 at 01:11
    Twinkling82 said:
    I'm too interested if I need Car Pass to complete FH2. Can anyone confirm?
    You don't, but it is helpful for the car collecting achievement since you can get the DLC cars for free in-game.
  • Posted on 06 December 17 at 01:16
    Mark Farley said:
    Does FH3 VIP include all DLC’s? If not, what do I need to purchase? Is it a stand alone season pass?
    Nope. Only gives you 5 cars and a credit bonus.

You'll still need to buy the Car Pass, Expansion Pass, Porsche Pack, Mountain Dew Pack, and Hoonigan Pack.
  • Posted on 06 December 17 at 12:33
    Of course Dragon's Dogma goes on sale the next week after I bought it at full price roll
  • Posted on 06 December 17 at 14:14
    Goggs25 said:
    The only issue I have with horizion 2 is it might not install. I had the disc version of the game and that would only install 40% before stopping or if I said to install update 1st it would install 56% before stopping I am not paying £30 for a game that might not install
    Probably scratched disc in the wrong place. I bought assassin's creed black flag used for the one a while back and wouldn't install past 19%.
  • Posted on 06 December 17 at 16:09
    DrunkLastKnight said:
    Of course Dragon's Dogma goes on sale the next week after I bought it at full price roll
    Never buy full price unless its launch date and you really want the game immediately.
  • AlahertAlahert2,897,037
    Posted on 06 December 17 at 21:05
    Some really nice bundles!
    DARK 777
  • IcarusaelIcarusael708,452
    Posted on 07 December 17 at 20:31
    So... for Armello deluxe edition... right now it is 20$ CAD, instead of original price 40$. If you buy the game alone and all DLC separately (which are not on sale), it cost a total of 34$. Why would the bundle be more expensive then buying separately when it is not on sale? What would justify this?
  • eayragteayragt376,259
    Posted on 07 December 17 at 22:16
    Icarusael said:
    So... for Armello deluxe edition... right now it is 20$ CAD, instead of original price 40$. If you buy the game alone and all DLC separately (which are not on sale), it cost a total of 34$. Why would the bundle be more expensive then buying separately when it is not on sale? What would justify this?
    The developers have admitted that their pricing is borked in different regions.
    Say everything with a smile
  • IcarusaelIcarusael708,452
    Posted on 09 December 17 at 04:39
    eayragt said:
    Icarusael said:
    The developers have admitted that their pricing is borked in different regions.
    Ah! It look like a good game though, I like playing board games on console (like Carcassonne, I got into it in real life afterward, got a tons of expansions as well). I wish it could play multiplayer on the same console though. Does the game exist in real life game board? I think I am going to wait in March for the physical release of the video game, instead of buying the digital version.
  • Posted on 09 December 17 at 05:11
    Twinkling82 said:
    DrunkLastKnight said:
    Never buy full price unless its launch date and you really want the game immediately.
    I REALLY wanted the game lol

I technically bought it at a discount, paid out of pocket $7 since I had 25 in credits, like it when I get the occasional email with credits I can add to my account
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads