Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

L.A. Noire (JP) Achievement List Revealed

• imaidiot19imaidiot19827,466
    Posted on 10 December 17 at 21:04, Edited on 10 December 17 at 21:05 by imaidiot19
    If anyone figures out how how to actually buy this (and not just anecdotal rhetoric), or sees a physical release...let me know!
    Yes, I know I am.
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,014,343
    Posted on 11 December 17 at 00:29
    imaidiot19 said:
    If anyone figures out how how to actually buy this (and not just anecdotal rhetoric), or sees a physical release...let me know!
    I can't believe you guys don't believe me.

Why would I lie????

I'm really tempted to buy it and just play it so you guys can see but I really don't want to play this. Especially if the game is in full Japanese which I have no idea if it is.

Look. Here is a picture of my American Debit card (because I live in America so I don't have a Japanese card) about to purchase Japanese LA Noire....

All I gotta do is press Buy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VmjU4S962Q2CJzt4rPkSjcubgVM...

I guess me and the one person I taught (because he believed me) are the only two in the Xbox community that knows how to do this.

Good luck getting a Japanese credit card guys.
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182532,262
    Posted on 12 December 17 at 12:53, Edited on 12 December 17 at 12:54 by CONKER1182
    Can I buy CERO Z games with an American credit card or only an American Debit Card?
    Rich of ReviewTechUSA only cares about money not his subscribers. - ReviewHellUSA ReviewTechUSA Top 20 Fraud Fails http://bit.ly/2npP7IR
  • ProscalineProscaline710,902
    Posted on 15 December 17 at 05:18, Edited on 15 December 17 at 05:19 by Proscaline
    So you all can stop looking for a physical release because it doesn't currently exist. I contacted Rockstar and a couple Japanese outlets for confirmation. Rockstar never responded but the stores did.

There are rumors that Rockstar MIGHT release it physically as they have for the PS4 JP version, but this has not happened yet. I should find out pretty quickly if and when a physical version does surface and I will be sure to post here and update the distribution methods for this title.

New Paralyzer said:
    imaidiot19 said:

Why would I lie????

I'm really tempted to buy it and just play it so you guys can see but I really don't want to play this. Especially if the game is in full Japanese which I have no idea if it is.

Look. Here is a picture of my American Debit card (because I live in America so I don't have a Japanese card) about to purchase Japanese LA Noire....

I guess me and the one person I taught (because he believed me) are the only two in the Xbox community that knows how to do this.

Even though I never followed through with you showing me (yet), I believe you laugh
  • FreakrisFreakris801,284
    Posted on 25 December 17 at 04:21
    Hey guys. I bought this 2 days ago. And I can confirm the game is in full english. Dialogue/Menus/Texts.
    I have my dashboard language set to english, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
  • JoonasJoonas244,515
    Posted on 26 December 17 at 19:46
    Freakris said:
    Hey guys. I bought this 2 days ago. And I can confirm the game is in full english. Dialogue/Menus/Texts.
    I have my dashboard language set to english, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
    Do you mean physical or digital copy?
  • IMCIMC276,474
    Posted on 26 December 17 at 21:13
    Is anyone having problems with achievements in this version? They seem to be super delayed or just not unlocking at all for me
  • FreakrisFreakris801,284
    Posted on 27 December 17 at 11:08
    Joonas said:
    Freakris said:
    Do you mean physical or digital copy?
    Digital. There is no physical version yet.
  • Unmet PlayerUnmet Player1,103,953
    Posted on 08 January 18 at 09:14
    New Paralyzer said:
    imaidiot19 said:

Why would I lie????

Why would you lie? No one really cares.

Stop complaining that nobody is listening if you don't say anything. You just keep saying you know how to buy it, but you are not explaining how to do it. Knowing how to purchase Japanese games the way you say would help the community out tremendously. Especially if we could buy the Dead Rising Arcade titles as well.
    Posted on 08 January 18 at 10:34
    I did say how though and I already got a few thank yous in my inbox.

Just know you need a JP tag.

Freakris also informed me this game is IP locked. You guy's will have to look up VPN.
  • JieXYJieXY1,776,301
    Posted on 08 January 18 at 20:21
    Tried to buy it with VPN and my US credit card, but no luck. Don't know if it's my credit card issuer's (or even Microsoft's) restrictions.
  • Posted on 24 January 18 at 05:11
    I tried everything listed in here and it rejects when trying to buy.

Would someone who bought this please write a step by step? Or New Paralyzer can come back and put his money where his mouth is and actually buy it to prove he knows how to do it, instead of being wrong then doing damage control.
    Posted on 24 January 18 at 05:52, Edited on 24 January 18 at 06:12 by New Paralyzer
    angry often said:
    I tried everything listed in here and it rejects when trying to buy.

After JieXYs post I messaged him a bit to see if we could find the root of the problem and we were unable to.

JieXY said:
    Tried to buy it with VPN and my US credit card, but no luck. Don't know if it's my credit card issuer's (or even Microsoft's) restrictions.
    There might actually be some cards that just won't let this happen.

game=New Paralyzer]I do it on a Japanese account. I don't think it works on your main. I might be wrong on that cause the account page updates all the time.

On your account page there is a setting that asks what region are the purchases for. Obviously we want Japan.
    I said on the first page what to do. That's how you do it. I guess I wasn't clear on account page.

account.microsoft.com

Do not do this on your Xbox One it won't work.
  • KongQuestKongQuest1,174,692
    Posted on 02 February 18 at 14:48
    I was able to buy this yesterday. Your card will be temporarily blocked for all Xbox purchases if you are rejected for any reason.
    After waiting for a couple of days, the purchase was successful.
    Posted on 02 February 18 at 21:33
    KongQuest said:
    I was able to buy this yesterday. Your card will be temporarily blocked for all Xbox purchases if you are rejected for any reason.
    After waiting for a couple of days, the purchase was successful.
    Nice, glad you were able to buy it.
  • DanscoutDanscout248,209
    Posted on 21 April 18 at 23:32
    how do i get this?? im so interested in the jp title
  • NiksobilSNiksobilS258,220 258,220 GamerScore
    Posted on 25 April 18 at 10:08
    Well, maybe just change region and try to download again? Like with GTA V (JP). If you already bought a original digital version, you can easily download a JP version
  • VidGamiacVidGamiac1,189,206
    Posted on 28 August 18 at 05:44
    NiksobilS said:
    Well, maybe just change region and try to download again? Like with GTA V (JP). If you already bought a original digital version, you can easily download a JP version
    Does not work. DO NOT TRY.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl161,287
    Posted on 03 March 19 at 01:20
    VidGamiac said:
    NiksobilS said:
    Yeah, this would be news to me if it worked. I own GTA V digitally, but when I look up the JP version, it still has a price tag.
    Posted on 03 March 19 at 05:59
    zeldafanjtl said:
    VidGamiac said:
    NiksobilS said:
    Yeah, this would be news to me if it worked. I own GTA V digitally, but when I look up the JP version, it still has a price tag.
    It used to work actually. Microsoft seems to have cleaned up a few JP tricks.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.