Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

L.A. Noire (JP) Achievement List Revealed

• Posted on 06 December 17 at 03:15Permalink
    Xpovos said:
    Anyone have an idea why this is the first, or perhaps one of the the first, non-China region stacks for the One? Aren't we supposed to be moving away from regional game releases?
    I think the most recent Just Dance had multiple region stacks.
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,006,393
    Posted on 06 December 17 at 03:54, Edited on 06 December 17 at 03:57 by New ParalyzerPermalink
    Xpovos said:
    Anyone have an idea why this is the first, or perhaps one of the the first, non-China region stacks for the One? Aren't we supposed to be moving away from regional game releases?
    Tons of region stacks exist on Xbox One. This is nowhere near the first nor the last. No, regional releases are still a thing.

CONKER1182 said:Hmm... It looks like it could be. It's not a JP copy but seeing as there isn't a (Asia) version it might use the JP list.....however there is a chance it uses the standard list everyone else has... No way of really knowing...
  • Posted on 06 December 17 at 04:35Permalink
    The above version has a Release date of 2017-11-16

Where as the JP Version comes out tomorrow..

So i dont think that is the correct version!!..
  • XpovosXpovos744,724
    Posted on 06 December 17 at 14:41Permalink
    New Paralyzer said:
    Xpovos said:
    Tons of region stacks exist on Xbox One. This is nowhere near the first nor the last. No, regional releases are still a thing.
    This is largely a China thing. Most games do not have region stacks on the One. That was one of the 'features,' as a result you missed the actual question.

Regardless of how many exist, this one is a regional stack. That is, at a minimum, a less common occurrence on the One than on the 360. Therefore: why is this game stacking? Possible reasons:

1) Even to get a Z rating they had to make substantial content edits to the game which render it different from other versions.
    2) Licensing concerns for licensed IP in the game for the region.

etc.

I'm curious which of the reasons is true and soliciting input from people who know what those reasons are; not specifically commenting on the frequency of regional stacking. My curiosity is based on the fact that it is rare, but that isn't the question.
    Time not important; only life important.
  • VidGamiacVidGamiac1,179,745
    Posted on 06 December 17 at 20:05, Edited on 06 December 17 at 20:05 by VidGamiacPermalink
    Xpovos said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    Xpovos said:
    This is largely a China thing. Most games do not have region stacks on the One. That was one of the 'features,' as a result you missed the actual question.

Regardless of how many exist, this one is a regional stack. That is, at a minimum, a less common occurrence on the One than on the 360. Therefore: why is this game stacking? Possible reasons:

1) Even to get a Z rating they had to make substantial content edits to the game which render it different from other versions.
    2) Licensing concerns for licensed IP in the game for the region.

etc.

I'm curious which of the reasons is true and soliciting input from people who know what those reasons are; not specifically commenting on the frequency of regional stacking. My curiosity is based on the fact that it is rare, but that isn't the question.
    Reason is probably the nudity of the victims in the Homicide Desk. Nudity in games doesn't fly in Japan as can be seen in the censorship in Duke Nukem Forever (JP) and The Town of Light (JP).
  • Er PaBlEtOrEr PaBlEtOr688,098
    Posted on 07 December 17 at 18:56Permalink
    Xpovos said:
    That's wrong, from the top of my head I can tell you some non-chinese stacks, The Voice has like 4 different, GTA V jp, Saints Row IV aus and Unmechanical extended Jp
  • KuwantumKuwantum1,757
    Posted on 08 December 17 at 14:28Permalink
    XB1 version seems to be digital only
  • YODA12320YODA123201,506,662
  • Av3ng3d7X x360aAv3ng3d7X x360a1,288,331
    Posted on 08 December 17 at 21:08Permalink
    I just opened L.A Noire thinking it was the JP version, Cause i bought it on amazon Jp, But its the English version.....angry
  • Av3ng3d7X x360aAv3ng3d7X x360a1,288,331
    Posted on 08 December 17 at 21:14Permalink
    anyone know where they sell the jp version.
    Posted on 08 December 17 at 22:02Permalink
    Digital only. Also CERO Z, so that means you need a Japanese Debit/Credit Card. This one is ending up like the Dead Rising 2: Case Zero/West (JP) stacks.
    Posted on 09 December 17 at 00:52Permalink
    VidGamiac said:
    Digital only. Also CERO Z, so that means you need a Japanese Debit/Credit Card. This one is ending up like the Dead Rising 2: Case Zero/West (JP) stacks.
    *Sigh* I just explained on the first page this isn't true.

Everyone reading this. You. Do. Not. Need. A. Japanese. Card. To. Get. CERO. Z. Games.

It used to be that way. It really did. Then like the week Microsoft switched from Microsoft Points to real cash. I tried using my American Debit Card. And it worked.

And when I got an Xbox one I did some more messing around. And it still works.

Do you need proof?? Go dig through my Achievements. I own Japanese Case West and I own Japanese Case Zero.

I say this over and over on JP lists and nobody believes or listens to me.

If you think I'm lying and you need a Japanese card then fine. Good luck getting this game.
    Posted on 09 December 17 at 01:40, Edited on 09 December 17 at 01:41 by VidGamiacPermalink
    New Paralyzer said:
    VidGamiac said:
    *Sigh* I just explained on the first page this isn't true.

Everyone reading this. You. Do. Not. Need. A. Japanese. Card. To. Get. CERO. Z. Games.

It used to be that way. It really did. Then like the week Microsoft switched from Microsoft Points to real cash. I tried using my American Debit Card. And it worked.

And when I got an Xbox one I did some more messing around. And it still works.

Do you need proof?? Go dig through my Achievements. I own Japanese Case West and I own Japanese Case Zero.

I say this over and over on JP lists and nobody believes or listens to me.

If you think I'm lying and you need a Japanese card then fine. Good luck getting this game.
    Could you be more specific than "messing around"? I keep getting hit with error messages.
  • Posted on 09 December 17 at 08:13, Edited on 09 December 17 at 08:18 by angry oftenPermalink
    New Paralyzer is talking out of his ass. He's basing CERO Z knowledge off of years ago.
    Only way to confirm if this can/cannot be purchased is if someone loads their JP account that has made valid purchases in the past with Yen added via prepaid code.
    If someone could try that we will know. And if it doesn't work, then just use the money on whatever you would normally spend it on (so long as it's availble in JP store).

Also, I tried buying DR JP stacks last year with JP tag, etc. and it was denying all attempts.
    Posted on 09 December 17 at 08:28, Edited on 09 December 17 at 08:40 by New ParalyzerPermalink
    angry often said:
    New Paralyzer is talking out of his ass. He's basing CERO Z knowledge off of years ago.
    Only way to confirm if this can/cannot be purchased is if someone loads their JP account that has made valid purchases in the past with Yen added via prepaid code.
    If someone could try that we will know. And if it doesn't work, then just use the money on whatever you would normally spend it on (so long as it's availble in JP store).

Also, I tried buying DR JP stacks last year with JP tag, etc. and it was denying all attempts.
    See, wow just wow. I'm trying to help you guys.

EDIT: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XBlNNKHyt38rFatBF8nlcNPh6V9...

Here! This is a picture I took with my phone, while holding my tablet to show date and time, uploaded to my Google drive to show that Case West and Case Zero is in my download history! I also bought Under Defeat HD which isn't CERO Z but I still bought it using my debit card!

I used to try over and over and over trying to figure out how to get these games for myself and one day I finally figured it out.

Good luck getting LA Noire guys.
  • Posted on 09 December 17 at 11:02Permalink
    Can I buy this with an American credit card?
    I am Japanese, I have Japanese cards.
    I thought that I would buy this for a foreign friend.
    But, if they can use the card, is not it necessary?
    Posted on 09 December 17 at 17:41Permalink
    HuggableGnu20 said:
    Can I buy this with an American credit card?
    I am Japanese, I have Japanese cards.
    I thought that I would buy this for a foreign friend.
    But, if they can use the card, is not it necessary?
    Yes you can buy this with an American card.

If you have a Japanese card though you don't have to set anything up lol you can just click download and be done with it.

If the game is IP locked then that's a different story. Dead Rising had IP locks so it was a little tricky.

Someone would have to buy LA Noire and tell me if it's IP locked but if it isn't then there wouldn't be any issues.
  • Posted on 09 December 17 at 19:11Permalink
    %#$%# just realized there will be a Red Dead Redemption 2 (JP) since all Rockstar games this gen seem to have a JP stack.
    First GTA V (JP), then L.A. Noire (JP), next RDR2 (JP)??
  • TheBuddha336TheBuddha3361,098,139
    Posted on 10 December 17 at 17:09Permalink
    Wouldn’t PayPal work ?
  • YODA12320YODA123201,506,662
    Posted on 10 December 17 at 17:17Permalink
    Av3ng3d7X x360a said:
    I just opened L.A Noire thinking it was the JP version, Cause i bought it on amazon Jp, But its the English version.....angry
    You really are dumb lol it clearly states it's English..
    Regards;Yoda12320
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.