Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Friends to the End Trailer

AuthorMessage
Dat Boi Treezy
Posted on 09 December 17 at 00:55
The final piece of the storyline has almost arrived

Please click here to read the story: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Friends to the End Trailer
Vaughan14
Vaughan14
Posted on 09 December 17 at 01:02
Nice
ronnie42
ronnie42
Posted on 09 December 17 at 01:20
Seems ok but rather they just work on a sequel instead of dlc.
Doom rocks
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 09 December 17 at 02:08
My code just arrived. I'll have to try this later.

Didn't care much for the DLC before this one.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 09 December 17 at 02:24
ronnie42 said:
+1 Just what I've been saying about FF XV
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 09 December 17 at 02:44
Allgorhythm said:
ronnie42 said:
I think this was a stretch goal of the kickstarter campaign, so they are obligated to do this DLC.
Yin
Yin
Posted on 09 December 17 at 03:52
Much preferred the more Metroidvania style of the Pirate’s Curse to the linear backtracking of this one (and the art style too, I felt like the pixelated design had more charm).
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 09 December 17 at 04:47
Yin said:
Much preferred the more Metroidvania style of the Pirate’s Curse to the linear backtracking of this one (and the art style too, I felt like the pixelated design had more charm).
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 09 December 17 at 15:02, Edited on 09 December 17 at 15:09 by Allgorhythm
Fanta Morgana said:
Allgorhythm said:
ronnie42 said:
I think this was a stretch goal of the kickstarter campaign, so they are obligated to do this DLC.
It wasn't a stretch goal. All backers were promised free DLC. For example, I was an early adopter backer for 12.00 USD and got a PC code for the game. When Pirate Queen's Quest for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero came out this past August, as a backer, I was e-mailed a code for that DLC. Or to be more specific, I got a Risky Boots DLC code because that was the working title of what turned out to be the Shantae: Pirate Queen's Quest DLC.

Any Kickstarter commitments were satisfied with the first DLC. The only commitment was that backers would get free DLC which implied there would be at least one story related DLC.

We're now doing the second DLC. I got the code for the Friends to the End for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero DLC the day before yesterday. Yesterday, I got a backer update that said codes were being e-mailed out to backers who selected the X1 platform to back.

The game met only three stretch goals - for 500K, 600K, & 700K USD. These corresponded to Risky Mode, Bonus Chapter, & Costume swap respectively. Since funding fell short of 800K, there were six more stretch goals that were not met.
Allgorhythm
Allgorhythm
Posted on 09 December 17 at 15:09
ronnie42 said:
This point is quite appropriate. Referring to my post above, if Friends to the End for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero were made into a separate game, backers would not be given 'free' copies but would have to purchase them. Alternatively, if the developer, WayForward, chose to start another Kickstarter campaign, they would have the option of backing that campaign.

The way the 'free' codes process works is rather complicated. As I found out when the codes for the first DLC were e-mailed out, they were not 'free' to WayForward. WayForward had to buy the codes for the different global regions and then e-mail out the code to the backers for those regions. Prior to e-mailing out the codes, backers had to fill out 'surveys' that gave WayForward the information needed.

The bottom line is that the Friends to the End for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero DLC is costing WayForward a pretty penny. I don't know what they're paying per code - definitely not the 9.99 USD price - but enough to cause a financial strain. They would be much better off releasing a separate game.
New Paralyzer
New Paralyzer
Posted on 09 December 17 at 21:19
I'm playing it now. It's okay. Much better than the pirate queen one.

The constant switching between 3 characters is getting old quick though.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.