Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

2017 Superlatives: The Most Memorable Gaming Moments of the Year

AuthorMessage
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 10 December 17 at 15:13
Yearbook time!

Please click here to read the story: 2017 Superlatives: The Most Memorable Gaming Moments of the Year
Unrehearsed
Unrehearsed
Posted on 10 December 17 at 15:27
No mention of cuphead?
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 10 December 17 at 15:37
Unrehearsed said:
No mention of cuphead?
Nope.
AzzyMahmood
AzzyMahmood
Posted on 10 December 17 at 15:40
You can't have played many games this year if Star Wars Battlefront 2 was your most disappointing. It wasn't even the most disappointing game in its release month.
Baron Von Diego
Posted on 10 December 17 at 16:07
offering your opinion on the internet is one the most thankless jobs. No matter what you say people will rush out to say how you're wrong and too often get personal about it. I get why people armchair quarterback but I don't think I'll ever understand the appeal.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 10 December 17 at 16:11
I can't recall what games were even released this year. Not a great year for gaming in my opinion.

Good read all the same though.
I'm always willing to help other players boost achievements even if I already have them. Just ask!

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 10 December 17 at 16:23
Spoiler alert should be more prominent . . . I missed it and mistakenly read the Wolfenstein thing shock
OkayEA
OkayEA
Posted on 10 December 17 at 16:39
TheNickOfTime said:
I can't recall what games were even released this year. Not a great year for gaming in my opinion.

In my opinion, it was a great year for gaming, but just not really on Xbox if I'm being honest. Most of my favourite games this year were on other consoles.
@KGEthanA | Twitch: KGEthan | YouTube: Krimzon Gamers | Newshound | TGN YouTube Team
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 10 December 17 at 16:40
Why would anyone even bother about the story in a racing game, let alone criticise it to death? Bizarre.
Anxsighety
Anxsighety
Posted on 10 December 17 at 16:51
Star Wars BF2 isn't even disappointing. It's not pay to win if you've played it. The media backlash has been unreal.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 10 December 17 at 16:59, Edited on 10 December 17 at 17:05 by TheMaize
NawtyCawty said:
Why would anyone even bother about the story in a racing game, let alone criticise it to death? Bizarre.
well...why tag a story on a racing game (where it isnt needed) in the first place, if you are not gonna do it well?
I havent played this game yet, but i felt the same when i started the Crew. there were too many cringeworthy "bro moments" packed into the first 45 minutes, which made me abandon my day one purchase, before even unlocking the first achievement.
a laughably bad story can sometimes be entertaining. But if you tag it on where its not needed, you better do it right.

for the record....correct me if im wrong. But when i played path of exiles, im pretty sure that the inventory tabs that let you put stuff on the auctionhouse, is only available through microtransactions...If being able to put your items up for sale in a MMO, is not a major advantage. Then i dont know what is
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 10 December 17 at 17:03
Revenge isn't about winning a single battle (one race). It's about utterly destroying an enemy until they are left with nothing.
UnlikeKaiju
UnlikeKaiju
Posted on 10 December 17 at 17:06
What Remains of Edith Finch is my game of the year, along with Resident Evil 7 being the only AAA title that I really enjoyed. Indie titles yet again have to be my highlight this year though. There were so many good titles released!
Guidality
Guidality
Posted on 10 December 17 at 17:11
o DEEVIUS o said:
Spoiler alert should be more prominent . . . I missed it and mistakenly read the Wolfenstein thing shock
Ditto...maybe cover it up with the click to reveal spoiler??
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 10 December 17 at 17:27
Kinda agree with the comments.

Battlefront isn't dissapointing, and it's hardly pay to win. It was removed in time except for a very small minority. I've not spent a penny and I'm regularly top with ease.
LifeSuxPlayHALO
Posted on 10 December 17 at 18:48
One of my best gaming moments of 2017 was playing Dishonored: Death of the Outsider... I know it was more of an “add-on” really but anything that lets me go back into the Dishonored world I’ll love. It’s a great series with super fun gameplay, cool achievements, awesome environments, and crazy characters.
AllaHeterSven
AllaHeterSven
Posted on 10 December 17 at 19:07
I really liked the story in NFS Payback!
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 10 December 17 at 22:01
If you're playing racing games for the story, you should probably play another genre. What are you expecting from a racing story? I can think of many other examples that would fall under the "class clown" category from this year.
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 11 December 17 at 00:47
TheNickOfTime said:

Thats what I thought when I began reading this. I pretty much ignored new games this year as I wanted to play games I own and was only looking forward to star wars battlefront 2.
What hurt star wars for me was all the negativity right at release. I understand the negativity but it really took the joy out of a new game.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 11 December 17 at 03:51
Battlefront II was disappointing the pay-to-win/no progression outside of the lootboxes wrecked the game but that was only the tip of it. Kashyyyk is still laggy and because of a broken map rotation I seem to always end up on that map. No dedicated servers, no Conquest, lots of content missing that was in 2015, unbalanced HvV filled with afk gamers because the credit system sucks and lots of little bugs/issues waiting to be patched.

Not mentioning the lame story which failed to do anything of significance and failed to live up to it's premise while being short as a few hours til completion. The arcade mode only contains some of the contents from the base multiplayer so you won't stay long there either.

Game is alright but without some major content releases it will die fast and people will return to other shooters that maintain their relevance.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.