Editorials and Features Forum

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

2017 Superlatives: The Most Memorable Gaming Moments of the Year

AuthorMessage
Jeremy Saunders
Posted on 11 December 17 at 05:36
What Remains of Edith Finch. Virtually every single moment. Such a wonderful game.
ProjectJeff85
ProjectJeff85
Posted on 11 December 17 at 07:45
The lack of Cuphead in this piece is disappointing. Its one of my best games of the year!
Twitter: @ProjectJeff85
AzzyMahmood
AzzyMahmood
Posted on 11 December 17 at 11:25
matdan said:
Battlefront II was disappointing the pay-to-win/no progression outside of the lootboxes wrecked the game but that was only the tip of it. Kashyyyk is still laggy and because of a broken map rotation I seem to always end up on that map. No dedicated servers, no Conquest, lots of content missing that was in 2015, unbalanced HvV filled with afk gamers because the credit system sucks and lots of little bugs/issues waiting to be patched.

Not mentioning the lame story which failed to do anything of significance and failed to live up to it's premise while being short as a few hours til completion. The arcade mode only contains some of the contents from the base multiplayer so you won't stay long there either.

Game is alright but without some major content releases it will die fast and people will return to other shooters that maintain their relevance.
This goes against everything I've found with Battlefront II. I've not found a single level to be laggy, I get a good mixture of maps, the game modes all work well and are engaging, and even starting out a bit late on MP, I'm not the worst player on the team.

I also enjoyed the story, short as it was. Remember that there are additional campaign levels coming soon.

It's also made me go back to BFI to try and finish some of those achievements. Not many games will make me go back to a previous edition long-since forgotten, but such is my positive experience with BFII that I'm now back on board with the franchise.

This pay-to-win 'story', such as it is, hasn't affected my experience of the game in any way. I find it curious that some people have been so negatively affected.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 11 December 17 at 12:05
AzzyMahmood said:
matdan said:
Battlefront II was disappointing the pay-to-win/no progression outside of the lootboxes wrecked the game but that was only the tip of it. Kashyyyk is still laggy and because of a broken map rotation I seem to always end up on that map. No dedicated servers, no Conquest, lots of content missing that was in 2015, unbalanced HvV filled with afk gamers because the credit system sucks and lots of little bugs/issues waiting to be patched.

Not mentioning the lame story which failed to do anything of significance and failed to live up to it's premise while being short as a few hours til completion. The arcade mode only contains some of the contents from the base multiplayer so you won't stay long there either.

Game is alright but without some major content releases it will die fast and people will return to other shooters that maintain their relevance.
This goes against everything I've found with Battlefront II. I've not found a single level to be laggy, I get a good mixture of maps, the game modes all work well and are engaging, and even starting out a bit late on MP, I'm not the worst player on the team.

I also enjoyed the story, short as it was. Remember that there are additional campaign levels coming soon.

It's also made me go back to BFI to try and finish some of those achievements. Not many games will make me go back to a previous edition long-since forgotten, but such is my positive experience with BFII that I'm now back on board with the franchise.

This pay-to-win 'story', such as it is, hasn't affected my experience of the game in any way. I find it curious that some people have been so negatively affected.
Strangely enough there is always more then one opinion, only a deluded person would believe that their experience is the only one that counts.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
Homunculus Fury
Posted on 11 December 17 at 19:03
matdan said:
AzzyMahmood said:
matdan said:

Strangely enough there is always more then one opinion, only a deluded person would believe that their experience is the only one that counts.
Funny how you put that considering you presented your view and gave your opinion about it. I personally haven't come across much lag. I have experienced the "broken" map rotation as last night i played hoth kashyyyk (night) followed by kashyyyk (day) and back to hoth. The credit system cant be to broken as i have already unlocked all characters with moderate play, now i can start saving for crates. People who bag on "boring" stories I really don't think pay that close attention to them to begin with. Remember there was a prequel book and comics to read so i would guess characters are more fleshed out in those. Either way it is possible to give opinions without taking them to a personal level by calling someone deluded. You can always go to the agree to disagree and move on
ScarletCloth976
Posted on 11 December 17 at 19:59
UnlikeKaiju said:
What Remains of Edith Finch is my game of the year, along with Resident Evil 7 being the only AAA title that I really enjoyed. Indie titles yet again have to be my highlight this year though. There were so many good titles released!
Agree!

What Remains of Edith Finch is awesome!!!!!
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 13 December 17 at 02:30
The article is on point about Indie developers pulling through this year. While everyone's lamenting about the state of gaming and AAA's, I'm just having a great time playing unique, interesting AA titles.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.