Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Reviewed Games on TrueAchievements in 2017 - Part One

AuthorMessage
metallicafan459
Posted on 15 December 17 at 06:23
Have ploughed about 90 hours into a deathtrap - a great game for both solo and co-op. If you really want a challenge try 3 player co-op - bbedomes ridiculously hard!! :)
IRISH PATRIOT x
Posted on 15 December 17 at 13:08
I have 3 of these on my wishlist. Not sure what I’m waiting for.
Alahert
Alahert
Posted on 15 December 17 at 15:28
A lot of great games got released this year, and a bunch of them are in my backlog!
DARK 777
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 16 December 17 at 12:04, Edited on 16 December 17 at 12:14 by LuckyConquerer2
I thought I would compare the community and official ratings, alongside who reviewed the game:

World of Van Helsing: Deathrip - 5 v 3.8 (official vs community) - Eurydace
The Assembly: 4.5 v 3.6 - Marc Pilkington
Chime Sharp: 4.5 v 3.6 - osubluejacket
Snake Pass: 4.5 v 4.1 - MegsonGrove
Voodoo Vince: 4.5 v 4.1 - Kbop a doo
Sexy Brutale: 4.5 v 4.3 (agreement) - Nexus Grunt
Injustice 2: 4.5 v 4.5 (clap) - Marc Pilkington
Dirt 4: 4.5 v 4.3 (agreement) - Nexus Grunt

I am not saying there is a trend and some reviewers are poor whereas others are excellent, just observing this limited pool of reviews. Reviews are opinions, I just wonder who is closer to the community's views.
This post may be sarcastic.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 16 December 17 at 17:49
I've only played Snake Pass and Voodoo Vince and loved both. I'd recommend picking them up if you have the chance. I'm sure I'll get around to completing Snake Pass eventually.
PsychicChicken
Posted on 16 December 17 at 19:36
The Assembly was great. I'm hoping that early next year I can replay it and not remember too much so I can sort of re-experience it.

There are some annoying trolls that frequent this site... I'm sure others notice and ignore them as well.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 December 17 at 20:23
LuckyConquerer2 said:
I thought I would compare the community and official ratings, alongside who reviewed the game:

World of Van Helsing: Deathrip - 5 v 3.8 (official vs community) - Eurydace
The Assembly: 4.5 v 3.6 - Marc Pilkington
Chime Sharp: 4.5 v 3.6 - osubluejacket
Snake Pass: 4.5 v 4.1 - MegsonGrove
Voodoo Vince: 4.5 v 4.1 - Kbop a doo
Sexy Brutale: 4.5 v 4.3 (agreement) - Nexus Grunt
Injustice 2: 4.5 v 4.5 (clap) - Marc Pilkington
Dirt 4: 4.5 v 4.3 (agreement) - Nexus Grunt

I am not saying there is a trend and some reviewers are poor whereas others are excellent, just observing this limited pool of reviews. Reviews are opinions, I just wonder who is closer to the community's views.
The amalgamation of the community's ratings are equally as subjective.
adamrulz
adamrulz
Posted on 17 December 17 at 00:27
I had an absolute blast with Snake Pass... completed it just last weekend!! 15 levels, great design and they were not exactly short, but not too long either. Perfect mix of difficulty and length and easy on the eyes as well. Highly recommended as it was fun, challenging, and so rewarding to complete. Rarely were there any cheap deaths and the achievements were challenging but not over the top, again, a great balance to this game!! Don’t miss out... it was cute and who ever thought playing a snake (literally) would be so fun?
Afw
Smallville2106
Posted on 17 December 17 at 01:43
I’ve got Deathtrap downloaded ready to play.
Will get the Assembly and Edith Finch asap. They sound great.
Lord Betus
Lord Betus
Posted on 19 February 18 at 03:45
I think Remains of Edith Finch is the best game I have ever played. Story wise for sure at least.

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

If you haven't played it you need to.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.