Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Best Reviewed Games on TrueAchievements in 2017 - Part Two

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 16 December 17 at 10:29
The final 10 games that received a score of 4.5 or 5/5

Please click here to read the story: The Best Reviewed Games on TrueAchievements in 2017 - Part Two
matdan
matdan
Posted on 16 December 17 at 11:07
These are some laughable scores, Destiny 2 is currently an abysmal game wrecked by greed and a lack of updates. Not even sure why it is up there when so many other games came out this year that were far better and didn't need to lie/mislead the consumer to make a profit.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
k0ngzor
k0ngzor
Posted on 16 December 17 at 11:28, Edited on 16 December 17 at 11:29 by k0ngzor
Why not give every game released in 2017 a 4.5/5 then?

I agree, Destiny 2 is just a light version of D1, 2.5/5 at most.
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 16 December 17 at 11:44
Then there are the loot boxes, which aren't strictly necessary but will undoubtedly create a need to grind if you don't purchase them.
Still not true about Shadow of Mordor. GOTY for me.
This post may be sarcastic.
xONLY INSANEx
xONLY INSANEx
Posted on 16 December 17 at 11:50
Lol destiny such an over rated gamed does nothing special to be praised as high as it does
xONLY INSANEx
xONLY INSANEx
Posted on 16 December 17 at 11:51
matdan said:
These are some laughable scores, Destiny 2 is currently an abysmal game wrecked by greed and a lack of updates. Not even sure why it is up there when so many other games came out this year that were far better and didn't need to lie/mislead the consumer to make a profit.
xONLY INSANEx
xONLY INSANEx
Posted on 16 December 17 at 11:52
Yeah i agree i never played the first game but to be honest i dont see how to first game is that outstanding to people that have rated it high
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 16 December 17 at 12:18, Edited on 16 December 17 at 12:19 by LuckyConquerer2
Following on my post on part one:

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

Forza 7 - 4.5 v 4.4 (agreement) - Nexus Grunt
Destiny 2 - 4.5 v 4.1 - Lexual
Battle Chasers: Nightwar - 4.5 v 4.5 (clap) - Eurydace
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - 4.5 v 4.5 (clap) -Eurydace again! rock
South Park: 5 v 4.6 - Marc Pilkingon
FIFA 18 - 4.5 v 4.1 - Dave Kinetic
AER - 4.5 v 3.8 - MegsonGrove
Wolfenstein II - 4.5 v 4.5 - rock Lexual
SOMA - 4.5 v 4.5 rock N0T PENNYS B0AT

So far, most are pretty accurate.
DucKy BaBy
DucKy BaBy
Posted on 16 December 17 at 13:08
There should be a score for 'contribution to growth of industry and genre.'
And definitely a micro-transaction usage score - because these games would not score so highly with these parameters.
pezboyben
pezboyben
Posted on 16 December 17 at 15:08, Edited on 16 December 17 at 15:08 by pezboyben
Haven't played any of these sadly. Aer is on my radar, Assassin's Creed, Wolfenstein, and Shadow of War look awesome but I need to play the previous games first and have too many games at the moment.
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 16 December 17 at 17:19
AER is a gorgeous game. My issue is the lack of wayfinding within the game.

South Park is also on my short list for GOTY but that's because I enjoy South Park's humour, and if you don't enjoy the show you probably won't enjoy the game. It also had a much deeper combat system compared to The Stick of Truth, which allowed you more flexibility as to who you wanted to use in battle as opposed to spamming the new kid's special attack. The story itself is also about 2-3 times longer than The Stick of Truth's story which is a plus.

Want to play Destiny 2 because it's less of a time investment than Destiny 1 but I've heard awful things.

And Wolfenstein and AC: Origins are sitting under my Christmas tree so can't wait to play those.
GREGO McGEE
GREGO McGEE
Posted on 16 December 17 at 17:52
How in god's name is PREY not on here...
matdan
matdan
Posted on 16 December 17 at 17:55
LuckyConquerer2 said:

Ratings mean jack shit I hate to say it, games change so quickly and frequently to stay relevant that a review made at launch loses meaning after a few weeks when major patches/updates have been pushed out. How many reviews from Destiny 2 were before the community found out the fact they were downright lying about the XP made and how much it should have taken to level up? Would you rate Wildlands differently now it has a MP mode and all SP DLC is released?

I take them with a grain of salt for this reason and look for opinions in threads where people actually play the game regularly enough to comment on the current state of said game.
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
iTz Canada Ehh
Posted on 16 December 17 at 18:10
matdan said:
LuckyConquerer2 said:

Ratings mean jack shit I hate to say it, games change so quickly and frequently to stay relevant that a review made at launch loses meaning after a few weeks when major patches/updates have been pushed out. How many reviews from Destiny 2 were before the community found out the fact they were downright lying about the XP made and how much it should have taken to level up? Would you rate Wildlands differently now it has a MP mode and all SP DLC is released?

I take them with a grain of salt for this reason and look for opinions in threads where people actually play the game regularly enough to comment on the current state of said game.
Honestly +1 to this. Most games are reviewed at launch when they are obviously not perfect, and they're all opinions in the first place. Perfect example for me is Mafia 3 got a 67 on metacritic and is like a 3.8 on site because when it released it was broken to shit. I picked up the collectors edition for $79.99 (because how can I pass on that?) and played the shit out of the base game and all of the DLC and I loved it and it was honestly one of my favourite games I played this year and had no issues with it.

Same with Project Cars. Apparently when it released it had a lot of issues and didn't get great reviews, but when I played it with GWG I honestly had no issues control wise and couldn't stop playing it. Yes it still had some issues (randomly can't gain position in races and braking line doesn't show up occasionally) but when I was playing through it I couldn't put it down.
XenomorphFiend
Posted on 16 December 17 at 18:21, Edited on 16 December 17 at 18:22 by XenomorphFiend
Yarp, ratings are insignificant. The actual review itself is what matters, and everyone is free to interpret that as they see fit. As stated above, Project CARS is a fine example, arguably & subjectively the best racing game you can play on Xbox - after the major glitches were patched it was a realistic driving journey. I'm still befuddled by how many people don't understand this.

Also, suck it Forza Motorsport 7 - it's simply a digital car collection, not a racing game.
Streets Ahead
FightingMegaFoo
Posted on 16 December 17 at 18:26
laugh Destiny 2 roll
SmactSilly
Posted on 16 December 17 at 19:06, Edited on 16 December 17 at 19:44 by SmactSilly
How is Rime not on this list? It is one of the best stories of the year with decent game play and visuals. Def my game of the year for story.
Roose91
Roose91
Posted on 16 December 17 at 19:07
Yet to meet a real person who actually has anything good to say about Destiny 2 😂
LuckyConquerer2
Posted on 16 December 17 at 19:35
RE: Mafia III - that game still had the same unacceptable bugs and glitches from the Day 1 release present in the third DLC.

But I do understand where you guys are coming from and I tend to agree. It was merely an observation. One personal example is AC Unity. Heavily slated on release but by the time I got around to it, it was pretty much glitch free.
NawtyCawty
NawtyCawty
Posted on 16 December 17 at 19:58
BanjoRebel said:
Yarp, ratings are insignificant. The actual review itself is what matters, and everyone is free to interpret that as they see fit. As stated above, Project CARS is a fine example, arguably & subjectively the best racing game you can play on Xbox - after the major glitches were patched it was a realistic driving journey. I'm still befuddled by how many people don't understand this.

Also, suck it Forza Motorsport 7 - it's simply a digital car collection, not a racing game.
If they are that insignificant how do you explain that to date there are 10 times as many players of Forza 7 on here than Project Cars 2. Oh I know why, because Project Cars sucks, and most people know it does.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.