Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Gun Media Details Upcoming Update for Friday the 13th: The Game

AuthorMessage
DamnSilly
DamnSilly
Posted on 18 December 17 at 13:54
Offline bots, max level increase, bug fixes and more!

Please click here to read the story: Gun Media Details Upcoming Update for Friday the 13th: The Game
YaIrishMick96
YaIrishMick96
Posted on 18 December 17 at 14:17
They still haven't made the "single-player" they promised over a year before release?? roll

They added an extra goal for the kickstarter specifically for that, then delayed it and rushed the game out since DBD was releasing on console and promised it for summer and now it's been out for months and still no single-player...

fucks sake
One does not simply stop playing xbox
AKA Swede
AKA Swede
Posted on 18 December 17 at 15:02, Edited on 18 December 17 at 15:02 by AKA Swede
Two thumbs up for Shelley. I've wanted to kill that asshole for decades ;)
You have business cards? You're a stormtrooper. There's like a million of you.
The Noto
The Noto
Posted on 18 December 17 at 15:17
I like that there is bots play though. That may allow the game to be completed more quickly
True Marvellous
True Marvellous
Posted on 18 December 17 at 15:51
The Noto said:
I like that there is bots play though. That may allow the game to be completed more quickly
Providing you can earn progress through offline play.
Check out True Tube for all the latest Xbox One Indie Games Reviews & regular monthly giveaways https://www.youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
disturbedone47
disturbedone47
Posted on 18 December 17 at 15:58
I could see kills going easier with bots if they count but the 1000 matches as Jason not so sure about cause if your boosting you kill counselors quick with bots there gonna be running around but the positive would be you would not have to depend on other people but I guess we will see soon if bots count
Dresden N7
Dresden N7
Posted on 18 December 17 at 16:08
How active is the online community nowadays?
BPBPBPBPBPBPBP
Posted on 18 December 17 at 16:48
Looking forward to the bots, hopefully they don't quit out when I pick Jason for myself. smile
Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m (PS4 ; 2nd), 17d 06h 56m (Xbox One ; 1st) Xbox 360 : 17d 07h 00m (hacked leaderboard)
Splatador
Splatador
Posted on 18 December 17 at 17:12
Now that Shelly's in the game, I think I'll finally play it. I hope they add more locations from all the movies; not necessarily all locations, but some of the more famous ones from each (e.g. Pinehurst Youth Development Center, the two houses from 'A New Blood', and Camp Crystal Lake from 'Jason Lives').
PuritanSoul
PuritanSoul
Posted on 18 December 17 at 19:06
Sounds like a great patch and well done the devs. Sounds like we have a nice L4D equivalent now!!
Mr Abductor
Mr Abductor
Posted on 18 December 17 at 20:01
Dresden N7 said:
yeah anyone know?
Smallville2106
Posted on 18 December 17 at 20:02
Love the idea of this game.
How is it?
Plenty of people still playing?

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 18 December 17 at 20:36
True Marvellous said:
The Noto said:
Providing you can earn progress through offline play.
You can do it all in private matches. I don't see playing with bots being an issue. Makes faster completion. Glad I didn't waste time at the start like the top of the leaderboard racing to 1000 haha
Obtained the shadows rushed me.
Enflame Hydra
Enflame Hydra
Posted on 18 December 17 at 21:02
Dresden N7 said:
still active can find a match in less then 2-3 min all the time
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 18 December 17 at 21:50, Edited on 18 December 17 at 21:50 by Evandalist
Happy to see Shelly make an appearance (mostly so I can repeatedly murder him), but I really wish they'd switch over to dedicated servers already. I only end up completing 3-4/10 matches played. I've lost so much XP and CP (not to mention time itself) from dropped matches that it's absurd.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
Fanta Morgana
Fanta Morgana
Posted on 18 December 17 at 23:27
PuritanSoul said:
Sounds like a great patch and well done the devs. Sounds like we have a nice L4D equivalent now!!
This game is vastly different then Left4Dead. If you want something like L4D play the Warhammer game that is currently GwG
dudecrazy108
dudecrazy108
Posted on 19 December 17 at 02:06
Evandalist said:
Happy to see Shelly make an appearance (mostly so I can repeatedly murder him), but I really wish they'd switch over to dedicated servers already. I only end up completing 3-4/10 matches played. I've lost so much XP and CP (not to mention time itself) from dropped matches that it's absurd.
This. The host literally quits 80% of the games I've played.
Furious Gunman:Let's face it, we all know that dudecrazy108 is the pimp of TA.com

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 19 December 17 at 06:38
dudecrazy108 said:
Evandalist said:
I stopped playing real quickly cause of the quitting/dropping of matches. Makes me mad when I stick around the whole match as the first player killed, yet when I get to play Jason the host always quits. Glad I will at least get the chance to play the game without relying on anyone else once the update drops.
Evandalist
Evandalist
Posted on 19 December 17 at 07:43
dudecrazy108 said:
Evandalist said:
Most of it is down to rage quitting, in my experience. I love the game itself, but the player base is one of the saltiest and most toxic player bases I've ever encountered. I stopped playing regularly, but when I was active I'd routinely encounter entire lobbies full of grouped up dickheads who endlessly whined and quit out over the most absurd and inconsequential things.

Somebody else gets Jason? Quit out.
Somebody else picks a Jason you don't like? Quit out.
Somebody picks the Jason you do like? Quit out.
You get killed at the start of the match? Quit out.
You get killed at the end of a match? Quit out.
You get killed anywhere in between? Quit out.
You don't get picked as Tommy? Quit out.
You do get picked as Tommy? Quit out.
No room for you in the car we're escaping in? Quit out.

On top of all of that, there are situational quit outs that I've seen before over even more ridiculous reasons like how another player is playing. Take Jason, for example. When the game came out people were livid about his shift grab and how OP they felt it was. So people were losing their shit and cursing out the Jason players whenever they'd get shift-grabbed ; Calling them bad players and saying they wouldn't get kills if it weren't for that technique. Then Gun patches it to where you can't immediately grab out of a shift and more Jason players start using his combat stance and hacking and slashing to get more reliable kills, problem solved, right? Wrong. "This Jason sucks! Why is he hacking and slashing everybody instead of doing cool grab kills!?"

Great game with a horrible player base. Made infinitely worse by the lack of dedicated servers because now you're having to rely on assholes like this just to even complete a match and get the CP and XP you earned.
Here lies a trite quote from somebody in history you might recognize. It's delightfully witty, yet concurrently incisive, and not at all pretentious.
Gacys Clown
285,658 285,658 GamerScore
Gacys Clown
Posted on 19 December 17 at 13:09
I agree to some degree on that. Some games just have douchebags, but what game doesn't? I've had just as many games with players that try to communicate and are just having fun with it. I was in a full lobby last night where every single player sounded like their balls hadn't dropped yet. Why are they playing this game? The dedicated servers, though, would be the biggest help to this game and it's crazy they haven't done it yet. I haven't experienced anywhere near these 80% drop rates other have had (maybe half that), but it is frustrating no less when it does happen.

As for how active the game is, I haven't had any problems getting full-mostly full games going and pretty much can't recall ever seeing the same players more than once. It's still healthy for now and as long as they keep working on it, it should be for some time to come. It really is a fun game all things considered.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.